Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 3, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
34 4 Pines Park
16 Mar 2023 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Oh I get it...

It's cheating unless Parra does it, then it's "Genius".

A crafty move from Mitchell Moses wasn't enough to score the Parramatta Eels a victory against the Manly Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval on Thursday night.

It looked like Tom Trbojevic had his second try of the match after streaming over the line early in the second half, however it was called back when Moses was spotted lying on the turf.

Manly centre Brad Parker was penalised for making direct contact with Moses, taking him out of the play.

However, Nine commentators Phil Gould, Andrew Johns, and Brad Fittler could only giggle at the "genius" ploy from the halfback.

They suggested the crafty No.7 has made a habit of seeking contact in the defensive line in an effort to prevent opposition tries.

"He's a genius, Mitchell Moses, at that," Gould said.

"He can find them.

(sorry if posted)

- Parra suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Makes it all the more sweeter that they still lost.

Did anyone else see the mobile bar staff in the stands, selling cans of 4 Pines out of their esky backpacks? Getting a cold beer on a 28C night, and not even having to get out of my seat.
It was good to see the club coming up with new solutions after the debacle of the bar lines in round 1.
Sure did and well done to the club :clap:

Fun Fact:

Hank Scorpio has now scored 25 tries for Manly in 100 games. Since we're Manly fans in here I'll assume everyone knows the math of how many that is per game @:cool:

His former centre partner Moses Suli (who most swore blind was a far better attacker than Brad) is currently on 19 tries from 97 games.

For the record, Parker's current centre partner Tolu Koula, he of much more pace, has played 22 games (2 at fullback) and scored 6 tries, all while playing centre.

The third Eel charged was Maika Sivo, who faces an $1800 fine for Contrary Conduct after an incident involving Christian Tuipulotu. As this is Sivo's second offence the base fine is higher than Moses and will increase to $2500 if he challenges the charge and loses.

-just say hair pulling! Sivo you ...I dunno... but no pulling hair

Did anyone else see the mobile bar staff in the stands, selling cans of 4 Pines out of their esky backpacks? Getting a cold beer on a 28C night, and not even having to get out of my seat.
It was good to see the club coming up with new solutions after the debacle of the bar lines in round 1.
I would prefer it if they just provided a 4 pines beer tap on the back of the seat in front of me, and also provide me with an ice cold schooner glass every so often.

And a person to pour the beer for me.

Some more Fun Facts out of last night:

* After all bar St Merge have played 2 games, Manly has by far the best attack so far scoring 65 points. The next best in the top 8 is the Dolphins with 48. Cronulla in 10th have also scored 48.

* Great attack so far, but last night was costly defensively. We have the 2nd worst defence in the top 8 with 36 scored against us. Only the Titans in 8th have let in more points in their 2 games (42). Our next week opponent Souths have let in 34 in 2 games (and scored 37).

* Reuben Garrick leads the NRL point scoring after last night with 28 from 10 goals and 2 tries. He's also kicked the most goals, but there is still the rest of the round to play.

* 5 players sit equal top on the try assist table with 3 each. Manly has two of them, Turbo and Shoe. The others are Sean O'Sullivan (Dolphins), Chad Townsend (Cows) and Matt Moylan (Sharks).

* Mitchell Moses was charged with a Grade 1 Contrary Conduct after a first half incident with Kelma Tuilagi. Only a $750 fine for a guilty plea or $1000 if he fights and loses. No suspension.

* Regan Campbell-Gillard was charged with a Grade 1 Shoulder Charge for his 2nd half shot on Josh Aloiai. $3000 fine and no suspension (early guity) or $3000 and 2 games if he unsuccessfully fights it.

* Maika Sivo was charged with a Contrary Conduct charge for an altercation with Tippy Toes (who needs a haircut or a scrunchie. He can't see what he's doing out there.....). As its his 2nd offence it will cost him $1800 or $2500 if he fights and loses. Like Moses, no suspension.

* Taniela Paseka (59th minute careless high tackle on Jack Murchie) faces a $1000 fine and no suspension with an early guilty plea. $1500 for fighting it unsucessfully.

* Josh Aloiai (66th minute crusher on Bryce Cartwright) faces a $1500 fine and no suspension with an early guilty plea. $2000 for fighting it unsuccessfully.

* Manly junior Clint Cutherson scored his 8th and 9th tries in his 14th game against Manly. He scored 4 tries in 5 games for the Sea Eagles from 2013–2015. He's also kicked 10/17 goals against us in those 14 games. He never kicked a first grade goal for Manly.

Ola’s intercept was the only time in that match that I thought we finally would come away with the bacon. For me personally, I think tippy toes needs to be told to stay on his wing. I was seated not far from him in the second half and I cannot count on one hand the amount of times he left sivo unmarked. 30 points is too much to turn up no matter if you win or lose. We need to be more dominant to be a GF contender. Shuster played well but I just hope he does not get too cocky. If we can fix these little things then we stand a big chance of contending a premiership this year. No doubt there are other concerns but this would be a great start. I am off home back to gladdy. Overall we found a way to win which in itself is a positive.

So the ref called a forward pass from dummy half against us (think it was Croker) that he was in no position to call (being back 10 with the Eels defensive line) that on reply looked perfectly fine.

The replay also showed zero reaction to the pass from the touchie, who was in line with it.

Later on the ref called a forward pass against the Eels that denied them a try that also looked fine on the replay.

Square up for his earlier mistake?

Ola’s intercept was the only time in that match that I thought we finally would come away with the bacon. For me personally, I think tippy toes needs to be told to stay on his wing. I was seated not far from him in the second half and I cannot count on one hand the amount of times he left sivo unmarked. 30 points is too much to turn up no matter if you win or lose. We need to be more dominant to be a GF contender. Shuster played well but I just hope he does not get too cocky. If we can fix these little things then we stand a big chance of contending a premiership this year. No doubt there are other concerns but this would be a great start. I am off home back to gladdy. Overall we found a way to win which in itself is a positive.

Saab's defensive game might not be great either, but the upside over Tuipulotu is his obvious pace advantage, his height causes issues for the opposition and Saab is also better under a bomb. I'd almost be tempted to put Koula out on the wing for now and bring Harper into the centres to replace Tippy Toes until Saab is back.

Its probably a good thing that I'm not the coach.

So the ref called a forward pass from dummy half against us (think it was Croker) that he was in no position to call (being back 10 with the Eels defensive line) that on reply looked perfectly fine.

The replay also showed zero reaction to the pass from the touchie, who was in line with it.

Later on the ref called a forward pass against the Eels that denied them a try that also looked fine on the replay.

Square up for his earlier mistake?
With the croker one, Moses called it, so all sweet. Just helping out the ref.

Saab's defensive game might not be great either, but the upside over Tuipulotu is his obvious pace advantage, his height causes issues for the opposition and Saab is also better under a bomb. I'd almost be tempted to put Koula out on the wing for now and bring Harper into the centres to replace Tippy Toes until Saab is back.

Its probably a good thing that I'm not the coach.
Saab has bulked up considerably which hopefully means his post contact hit ups will be much higher than previous. Tui has better hit ups but Saab obvious has much higher pace. Anyway Tui will be there till at least Rd 10.

didn’t know where to ask this but seemed kinda relevant coz I noticed in team song video again.

Has anyone else noticed turbo always walks off is never to be seen during team song vids?

Saab has bulked up considerably which hopefully means his post contact hit ups will be much higher than previous. Tui has better hit ups but Saab obvious has much higher pace. Anyway Tui will be there till at least Rd 10.

Despite the obvious bulk up Saab is showing, apparently at training he's already clocking 37.5 km/h in his sprints even though he's still a couple of months from returning. It would appear he hasn't lost much, if any speed from the ACL or putting on some muscle.

He really was a string bean before. My dad would have described his legs as match sticks with the wood shaved off. The Twelfth Man would have had him breaking in half like old Bruce Reid :rofl: :rofl:

Despite the obvious bulk up Saab is showing, apparently at training he's already clocking 37.5 km/h in his sprints even though he's still a couple of months from returning. It would appear he hasn't lost much, if any speed from the ACL or putting on some muscle.

He really was a string bean before. My dad would have described his legs as match sticks with the wood shaved off. The Twelfth Man would have had him breaking in half like old Bruce Reid :rofl: :rofl:
I hope you're right coz when I see him on the sideline, he doesn't look that much bigger. Man, those legs still look like they'd go well with chicken stock. Sounds good from what you say tho.

When you see Saab its more bulk in the upper body. Not much but its noticeable. He's got the type of legs where he'd have to strap dumbbells to them to put any weight on them. They'll always be sticks.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4