Pre-Game Manly v Eels [Round 3, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 30
4 Pines Park
16 Mar 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he might be the only one in the footy world that secretly wishes for someone's suspect hammy to give way coz he sees it as the only chance of him playing in the Manly 1st Gde spine??

Surely not. Just kidding ............... or am I?
It's ok, I am just kidding.

Manly have firmed in betting and will defintely start favourites.
Manly has come in further in betting since the teams were announced, a close game expected but Manly to win.
So if you can get there - it will be well worth your while! Could be a memory you savour for a very long time!!

Just GOBSMACKED .... wouldn't be more surprised if I got hit on the back of the head with a dead gummy shark at the cricket ground ..

Just doing my tips ... and noticed that 11% of Silvertailers had tipped Parra ...

WTF ... they walk and post amongst us .... what the hell are they thinking ...

Tell 'em they're dreaming !!

Just looking at the temperate[ max ] in Sydney for Thursday , 35 c , hopefully to be easing off quite a bit by kick off time at least for the players sake . Still a good Eels backline and Brown apparently has been going well . Really need some good direction from D C E and the Shu as little question that Moses and Brown are pretty fair players . Some talk about this Hopgood who i know very little about capable of going well . Definitely do not mind Alioia as a 13 , strong running and with rigor , sure that he could shake up a few opposition forwards in defence from there as well . link role can develop in time . Still would not mind again Keppie starting with Jake then Paseka and Bullemor to add some thrust but that is the coaching staff "s call . Should be up for it , good Manly line up , go and get them these early season wins can mean a lot overall .

why is Burbo ahead of Toff and Lawty in selections?
Burbo played well in the trials. He covers back row & centre whereas Sipley only plays in the middle. Lawton has only played a partial NSW Cup game after returning from ACL surgery, so it's likely he's not fully match fit yet.

Manly has come in further in betting since the teams were announced, a close game expected but Manly to win.
So if you can get there - it will be well worth your while! Could be a memory you savour for a very long time!!
Me and Mrs Highflier along with Highflier Jnr will be there ,hoping for a strong and winning performance from the boys
Go Manly

Not confident about this one. Just because parra are going to be desperate they haven't been too far off the mark in the first two weeks.

If we win this I'm going be pretty impressed

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Not confident about this one. Just because parra are going to be desperate they haven't been too far off the mark in the first two weeks.

If we win this I'm going be pretty impressed
Have faith mate……I look at the lineups & can’t see what all the hype is about the Eels!! Player for player do you think they’re so much better than our boys? If the boys stick to the game plan they’ll wipe the floor with the Eels. Manly by plenty!

Have faith mate……I look at the lineups & can’t see what all the hype is about the Eels!! Player for player do you think they’re so much better than our boys? If the boys stick to the game plan they’ll wipe the floor with the Eels. Manly by plenty!
Not So confident this heat will be telling for our boys fitness

Line up for line up we match them match fitness I think will get us in the end

Parra by 8

Not So confident this heat will be telling for our boys fitness

Line up for line up we match them match fitness I think will get us in the end

Parra by 8
Match fitness from 1 extra game isn't really a thing, easily countered by an extra 6 days rest and planning. Their middles scare me a little, limit the offloads and PTB speed from RCG, Paulo and Hopgood then we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6