Pre-Game Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

56 10
Sunshine Coast Stadium
14 Aug 2021 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2021]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 14th August 2021

Venue:
.... Sunshine Coast Stadium, Sunshine Coast

Gates Open:....6pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Sea Eagles vs Parramatta Eels - 7:35pm.

TICKETING

Click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

17. Kurt De Luis
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

08. Josh Aloiai
14. Dylan Walker
15. Karl Lawton
16. Curtis Sironen

Reserves:
18. Moses Suli

Out:
19. Cade Cust
20. Jack Gosiewski
21. Ben Trbojevic

Available But Not Selected:
  • Tevita Funa
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Tolutau Koula
  • Christian Tuipulotu
  • Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
  • Kaeo Weekes - Development Player.

Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:
(Updated: Tuesday, 10 August 2021)

• Zac Saddler (Cheekbone, Round 23)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (Suspension, Round 23)
  • Taniela Paseka (Ankle, Round 25)
  • Morgan Boyle (Shoulder, Next Season)
  • Andrew Davey (Knee, Next Season)
  • Manase Fainu (Stood down, Indefinite)
  • Sean Keppie (Personal, Indefinite)

BWSE Injured or Unavailable:
  • Sione Fainu - Development Player (Lisfranc Operation, TBA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Looking forward to this one. The Eels are obviously on a slide and a win puts us ahead of them on the ladder
Turbo will want to re asert his dominance. Only thing from my end stopping a win and is a big chance is that tonight took maybe a lot out of them and may be flat. We come our with the same attitude as tonight in Defence they won't get close.

Last edited:
As much as I admire Parker for being a wholehearted player I think it's time we gave him a rest and see if Suli can make us an even better team. Suli has potential and needs an opportunity before finals time to show if he is a First Grade centre.
With the injury to Tent it opens the door for SirLoin to transition into a prop.
I'm not a Walker fan but he didn't play too badly tonight. However, isn't he there to be our 'spark' from the bench? I'd much prefer to see The Lawman take his spot and get more game time.

As much as I admire Parker for being a wholehearted player I think it's time we gave him a rest and see if Suli can make us an even better team. Suli has potential and needs an opportunity before finals time to show if he is a First Grade centre.
With the injury to Tent it opens the door for SirLoin to transition into a prop.
I'm not a Walker fan but he didn't play too badly tonight. However, isn't he there to be our 'spark' from the bench? I'd much prefer to see The Lawman take his spot and get more game time.
I get what you are trying to do by swapping Suli for Parker. I'm not sure it's the answer though. However, with Paseka and Keppie unavailable we will need to make some other positional changes as well. I would be keen to see Lawton given a run in Parker's position, if Parker was to be dropped out of the seventeen. I would also have Lawton defend inside Schuster, but attack outside him. (Mostly). Lawton needs more game time, and has all the attributes to play centre, in both attack and defence.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Karl Lawton
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
08. Toafofoa Sipley
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker
15. Curtis Sironen
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Kurt De Luis/Moses Suli

Reserves:
18. Brad Parker
19. Cade Cust
20. Moses Suli/Kurt De Luis

Anyone else having issues with the site?

As for eels they will be without their hooker and potentially Moses. We will cream them

I agree about Parker… his drop balls are costing us every week. Give Suli a crack

I need our boys to give a good spanking to Parra to relieve me from last night's game. And I'm sure we will if we don't come out flat just coz we played our toughest game in months last night.

Manly 200+

Sipley facing a week out for a crusher tackle. Backs to the wall if both he and Paseka are out. Leaves only Marty and Aloiai as FG props, with De Luis a certainty to come onto the bench.

Hughes wasn't charged for sliding in with the knees. Apparently that's cool now.

We have a problem with our front row, No Paseka and now Sipley suspended. Who comes in? This is a game where we might be a bit vulnerable after the game last night and the Whingers have been lambasted from pillar to post and they will want to hit back.

Good test for our team.

It will be De Luis and Siro on the bench. Jake goes to middle when Walker is on. The way Haumole is going lately he also goes to middle if/when Des decides to put Lawton on.

We have 2 tough games next with Eels and Raiders. Won’t those and top 4 and a possible date with the Storm in round 1 for redemption.

Even with Paseka and Sips unavailable we should still account for the slime. I have a feeling we’ll be right up for this one after the Storm game. I’d start with Marty and Josh up front and the bench of law, Walk, siro and Suli.

Yep can definitely see at huge let down next week. They built themselves up for the purple scum game and now after losing it with their own errors and now missing Paseka, Sipley and Keppie. Lot of grunt missing. Parra pack will be all out next week after we towelled them at wankfest.
Scumatta x 12.

Yep can definitely see at huge let down next week. They built themselves up for the purple scum game and now after losing it with their own errors and now missing Paseka, Sipley and Keppie. Lot of grunt missing. Parra pack will be all out next week after we towelled them at wankfest.
Scumatta x 12.
No mahoney and RCG. We will cream them mate cmon

Even with both toff and tank gone we still should have enough against parra.

Us by 12 -18 points if turbo is switched on.

Scumatta x 12.
**** I hope not , my very best mate is a Squeal and just as he gave it to me earlier on the year I’ve been giving it back to him over the last month.

I’ll have to find a rock to hide under if they beat us !!

Last night was a "good" loss to have.

I'm not worried about any let down from last night against Parra....if anything, it will fire us up more.

If we get ahead early, it will break them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8