Pre-Game Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

56 10
Sunshine Coast Stadium
14 Aug 2021 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Some teams can only do well at the expense of other (specific) teams - it appears that Parramatta can usually only do well when it comes specifically at Manly's expense in some way. I know it sounds a little bit tin hat - but it does seem like that. A pox on their village.

Melbourne on the other hand - their success seems to come at the expense of all other teams and the NRL in general. And the NRL (admin) is usually complicit in this. Though I will admit that they have coped post-wrestlemania better than most. I wish all our players had their......'sneaky street smarts' (ability to con referees non stop). They take 'gamesmanship' to a new level.

I hope we play just as 'smart' tonight, and expose the Eels for the frauds / flat-track bullies they are. If we can at least match their forwards, Tom & Co will tear Parra a new one.

Please no injuries tonight - Toff back next week, Keppie soon (?), Paseka after that - I'd love to see us do a serious run in the finals.

I would even go a step further Bozo. Loyalty is a two way street, but really it is secondary to the needs of both parties. In the end both sides have to look at the business aspects because it is a business for both parties. The club can only afford so much for the players they sign and must always have an eye on its future. The player also looks at what he or she is worth based on the market and they also have to look to their future. Foran, like Des, made business decisions when they left, and that is their right. They have to have an eye on their future, just as the club does. I see nothing wrong in that decision making

I would even go a step further Bozo. Loyalty is a two way street, but really it is secondary to the needs of both parties. In the end both sides have to look at the business aspects because it is a business for both parties. The club can only afford so much for the players they sign and must always have an eye on its future. The player also looks at what he or she is worth based on the market and they also have to look to their future. Foran, like Des, made business decisions when they left, and that is their right. They have to have an eye on their future, just as the club does. I see nothing wrong in that decision making
Even the our most Glorious Godfather left Manly to go to Parkes on a more lucrative deal to support his family .

There is a bit of a whore in ALL of us indeed feathered friend @Bearfax . Whats your price ???

Even the our most Glorious Godfather left Manly to go to Parkes on a more lucrative deal to support his family .

There is a bit of a whore in ALL of us indeed feathered friend @Bearfax . Whats your price ???
He wanted to get selected for country, because he was down the pecking order in Sydney halfbacks. Arko figured a good performance in the city-country game would get him into the frame for the kangaroos.

I have a bad feeiing about tonight’s game….dodgy ref decisions and another massive penalty count against us!

just sayin’

hope I am wrong!

I smell a Brad Arthur ambush tonight and a 20 point hiding. Joey Lussick to carve us up if we are not careful.
Hope I'm wrong but we have been sloppy the last few weeks imo. the storm were there for the taking last week yet we had no knock out drops and plenty of passengers.

Hopefully a thrashing will wake us up for the finals.
nfi...great insight mate...really great. You really know your footy.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10