Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 21, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
20 4 Pines Park
05 Aug 2022 19:55
76th minute

Match Stats

From where I was sitting (in the stand above) it looked like Harper scored and no knock-on. I thought at the time if Atkins (say no more) rules a no try, then we should at least get a penalty for the eels player stopping him from scoring. We got no try or a penalty and this was the turning point of the game imo - our heads went down and we never recovered.
Agree, ALinda. But the real problem is our heads going down and not being able to recover. The soft underbelly of our team (no Josh Schuster jokes here, please) is always on show. Every little thing has to go our way for us to win. The slightest hint of trouble and we fold.

From where I was sitting (in the stand above) it looked like Harper scored and no knock-on. I thought at the time if Atkins (say no more) rules a no try, then we should at least get a penalty for the eels player stopping him from scoring. We got no try or a penalty and this was the turning point of the game imo - our heads went down and we never recovered.
The first infringement was Gutherson knocking the ball on into Forans head when he went up for the bomb. So how did Catkins come up with a Manly knock on as the final ruling. Just another bunker clown act in the nrl circus.

yes - my thoughts as well - thanks for the input

Serious question.....

If our season is effectively over to the point where we will be very lucky to play Finals, what does that mean for Turbo's World Cup hopes if he is declared fit to play? Will Mal Meninga pick him for the Kangaroos squad with zero games under his belt since the end of May
If Schuster can withdraw from the World Cup to concentrate on Manly then surely Turbo must. We really are at the point where he owes us. Big time.

I thought that he was actually a tad short of the line when he touched the ball, regardless of knock on or not. I didn't get many clear views to confirm that, so not 100% sure. Nevertheless, I thought Harper blew what should have been an easy try by over-playing it and focusing on the opposition player instead of the ball.
yes - you are probably right and I think he was chasing the Saab kick just before half time and was over cautious and missed picking that up and scoring - just my memory of that play.

Serious question.....

If our season is effectively over to the point where we will be very lucky to play Finals, what does that mean for Turbo's World Cup hopes if he is declared fit to play? Will Mal Meninga pick him for the Kangaroos squad with zero games under his belt since the end of May
Probably , and then gets injured and can’t play until July next year

There is no way Tom should be playing world cup. After all the injuries with this guy he should be concentrating with Schuster over summer to get it all right for his employer. If we could run out in 2023 with a spine of Fainu, DCE, Schuster and Tom all fit and firing then surely we could make the finals at least.

yes - you are probably right and I think he was chasing the Saab kick just before half time and was over cautious and missed picking that up and scoring - just my memory of that play.
Harper has had his chances. Not up to it as far as I'm concerned. We need much better at center and not Parker either.

Harper has had his chances. Not up to it as far as I'm concerned. We need much better at center and not Parker either.
Oh yes - he is not a super attacking Centre. He is pretty decent but not a game breaker. We have some big holes already next year - no Davey and Walker... not sure who in the hell we have to fill those holes? And if someone on here tries to claim one of the up and coming juniors will fill those spots... they are dreaming. They might take the roles but not a hope in hell they perform at the quality of Davey and Walker. I know Tuilagi is the replacement for Davey but again gee he has big shoes to fill. Davey is all quality and effort and the proverbial hard head we need.

Season ended last week, 7 players who put themselves before the team.
The "7 players who put themselves before the team" are Christian Hypocrites.
My knowledge of Christians is that they are supposed to love everyone, unconditionally.
Jesus wouldn't be pleased with the behaviour of those 7 players.
I must point out that I am an Atheist and a Realist.
I'm neutral on this issue, I don't support either side.
Well, the only side I support is my SEA EAGLES. GO MANLY!!!!!

Jesus was an advanced human, a shaman that could meditate his heartbeat down so low that he appeared to be dead. Then he increased his heartbeat 3 days later and appeared to arise from the dead.
Thus, we have a long weekend holiday, called Easter.
How can an intelligent person believe in 'something' they can't see or touch or hear?
However, we do believe in Oxygen. LOL!!!
Though there is empirical proof that Oxygen exists.

A clever comedian once said " Thank God I'm an Atheist"

Here are the Lyrics for DEAR GOD by XTC
  • Dear God, hope you got the letter, and
    I pray you can make it better down here
    I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
    But all the people that you made in your image
    See them starving on their feet
    'Cause they don't get enough to eat from God
    I can't believe in you
    Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but
    I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
    We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
    And all the people that you made in your image
    See them fighting in the street
    'Cause they can't make opinions meet about God
    I can't believe in you
    Did you make disease, and the diamond blue?
    Did you make mankind after we made you?
    And the devil too
    Dear God, don't know if you noticed, but
    Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
    Us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look
    Still believing that junk is true
    Well I know it ain't and so do you, dear God
    I can't believe in
    I don't believe in
    I won't believe in heaven and hell
    No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
    No pearly gates, no thorny crown
    You're always letting us humans down
    The wars you bring, the babes you drown
    Those lost at sea and never found
    And it's the same the whole world 'round
    The hurt I see helps to compound
    The Father, Son and Holy Ghost
    Is just somebody's unholy hoax
    And if you're up there you'll perceive
    That my heart's here upon my sleeve
    If there's one thing I don't believe in
    It's you
    Dear God
    Songwriters: Andy Partridge.

• XTC – Dear God Lyrics - Genius

1659875864638.jpeg

OMG!!!!!!!! Parker & Harper are two of Manly's better players.
I will state that Harper does lack speed, though in every other aspect of the game, he is more than capable. Manly are missing Parker desperately.
Both Parker & Harper's defence saves a lot of tries.

Oh yes - he is not a super attacking Centre. He is pretty decent but not a game breaker. We have some big holes already next year - no Davey and Walker... not sure who in the hell we have to fill those holes? And if someone on here tries to claim one of the up and coming juniors will fill those spots... they are dreaming. They might take the roles but not a hope in hell they perform at the quality of Davey and Walker. I know Tuilagi is the replacement for Davey but again gee he has big shoes to fill. Davey is all quality and effort and the proverbial hard head we need.
Agreed, I can't understand the club letting go of Davey, it makes no sense, he's been fantastic in both attack and defence since returning from injury, surely we could afford a half decent offer to keep him in maroon and white, just bs

Will miss both , hoping Lawton, Fulton,Burbo , Tuilagi can fill the backrow spot , Walker role is harder does Fainu, Lawton or Croker or super fit Shu play the link role,Walker did a good job but I found in defence he was left lying on the ground at the ruck a lot Jake was the opposite great defence but his attacking ability is limited,need a player with great defence, attacking ability and can play close to 80min hard to find

Agreed, I can't understand the club letting go of Davey, it makes no sense, he's been fantastic in both attack and defence since returning from injury, surely we could afford a half decent offer to keep him in maroon and white, just bs
our recruitment is simply poor - I know we have DCE/Jake/Turbo so we are top heavy but there are a lot of Davey's out there who are all effort and just want a chance.

The "7 players who put themselves before the team" are Christian Hypocrites.
My knowledge of Christians is that they are supposed to love everyone, unconditionally.
Jesus wouldn't be pleased with the behaviour of those 7 players.
I must point out that I am an Atheist and a Realist.
I'm neutral on this issue, I don't support either side.
Well, the only side I support is my SEA EAGLES. GO MANLY!!!!!

Jesus was an advanced human, a shaman that could meditate his heartbeat down so low that he appeared to be dead. Then he increased his heartbeat 3 days later and appeared to arise from the dead.
Thus, we have a long weekend holiday, called Easter.
How can an intelligent person believe in 'something' they can't see or touch or hear?
However, we do believe in Oxygen. LOL!!!
Though there is empirical proof that Oxygen exists.

A clever comedian once said " Thank God I'm an Atheist"

Here are the Lyrics for DEAR GOD by XTC
  • Dear God, hope you got the letter, and
    I pray you can make it better down here
    I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
    But all the people that you made in your image
    See them starving on their feet
    'Cause they don't get enough to eat from God
    I can't believe in you
    Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but
    I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
    We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
    See them fighting in the street
    'Cause they can't make opinions meet about God
    I can't believe in you
    Did you make disease, and the diamond blue?
    Did you make mankind after we made you?
    And the devil too
    Dear God, don't know if you noticed, but
    Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
    Us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look
    Still believing that junk is true
    Well I know it ain't and so do you, dear God
    I can't believe in
    I don't believe in
    I won't believe in heaven and hell
    No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
    No pearly gates, no thorny crown
    You're always letting us humans down
    The wars you bring, the babes you drown
    Those lost at sea and never found
    And it's the same the whole world 'round
    The hurt I see helps to compound
    The Father, Son and Holy Ghost
    Is just somebody's unholy hoax
    And if you're up there you'll perceive
    That my heart's here upon my sleeve
    If there's one thing I don't believe in
    It's you
    Dear God
    Songwriters: Andy Partridge.

• XTC – Dear God Lyrics - Genius

View attachment 21892

Ah Status, welcome to the reality of Christian interpretation. Do you think hypocrisy and justification for what seem non Christian acts is rare.

In CE 312, Constantine used the Chi Rho sign, an early representation for Christianity on his soldier's shields suggesting they were on God's side in his battle against his enemy and it was used frequently after that victory in slaughtering their opponents. In 1095 Pope Urban gave everyone dispensation of sins to join the Crusades to go off an slaughter the Infidel. In 1478, Isabella and Ferdinand the joint rulers of Castille and Aragon soon to be Spain gained a papal bull to introduce the Inquisition, which led to the death and maiming of hundreds of thousands in the cause of Christianity as they saw it. No doubt many of those who broke into the Capitol on January 6, believed they were on God's side. Those who believe in Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism the words of Confucius, do exactly the same thing. The original philosophy often gets lost in the mire of distorted interpretation.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Christianity has been distorted to justify many actions throughout history to justify an agenda, none of which can be found justified in the New Testament. These Manly players are just listening to a Christianity of a different tune, as all who believe in the faith do. I doubt that the Jewish Rabbi intended any of it.

Last edited:
Just not sure how to compensate for Walker 's undoubted booster type role when he comes on as a roving middle . As much as Jake is a great all round contributor , playing a full game as the Manly 13 is just not going to provide a competitive edge . Would think the Manly coaching staff would be trying to come up with an alternative for Walker 's role , Bullemor was going to be tried as a 13 at Black Town , looks like Schuster is not destined to be tried there yet , Trying a different playing structure won't alter the fact that an effective or highly effective 13 these days has to be able to ask quite a few questions for an opposition "s defence no matter how much they can provide well in other areas .

Just not sure how to compensate for Walker 's undoubted booster type role when he comes on as a roving middle . As much as Jake is a great all round contributor , playing a full game as the Manly 13 is just not going to provide a competitive edge . Would think the Manly coaching staff would be trying to come up with an alternative for Walker 's role , Bullemor was going to be tried as a 13 at Black Town , looks like Schuster is not destined to be tried there yet , Trying a different playing structure won't alter the fact that an effective or highly effective 13 these days has to be able to ask quite a few questions for an opposition "s defence no matter how much they can provide well in other areas .
This is the main position we need to look at can, Lawton, Fainu,Croker ,Shu fill this void high work rate good defence and ball playing ability close to a 80min player

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2