Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 6, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
This game is a classic example of the refs deciding a victory.
example 1 widdop try.
example 2 The fonua Blake try attempt was definitely a strip 100% his hand dislodges the ball. and finally a penalty in the 37 minute in our half while they had 3 in there half.
but I believe we can win this we just need to do some smart offloads and turn our backrowers under then spread it wide. Also why haven't we seem any kicks behind there defense? they always rush up

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
This game is a classic example of the refs deciding a victory.
example 1 widdop try.
example 2 The fonua Blake try attempt was definitely a strip 100% his hand dislodges the ball. and finally a penalty in the 37 minute in our half while they had 3 in there half.
but I believe we can win this we just need to do some smart offloads and turn our backrowers under then spread it wide. Also why haven't we seem any kicks behind there defense? they always rush up
Their.

Haliaeetus

Reserve Grader
Api is the problem. He is flat today and when he bothers to get into dummy half, he just passes the ball to the closest player who then gets tackled straight away.:swear:

Last week Api was scooping up the ball at dummy half, running a few meters and splitting the defense, before choosing his receiver.

Wake up Api :!!:

But it ain't over - win it for @Batty :clap:

spot on , when he manages to get the ruck he is passing it forward - we're super lucky not to have been pinged 3 or 4 blatant forward passes

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
I know we aren't playing as well as we have been, but these calls have been points against or morale killers, so.........

Notes for the next NRL Rule Book (Special MWSE edition).

Allowed to take the dummy half out of play when returning to positiion.
Stripping a ball by scooping with the back of your hand is not stripping the ball.

Looking forward to the officiating in the second half for new additions, not.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
You know, as soon as Badger said "Check that Gareth Widdop is square at marker" I knew they were going to award that try. He completely ignored DCE saying he was taken out.

And that was a clear strip on AFB, the Dragoon's players hand clearly went up and pushed the ball out.....and the Bunker then overturned the live decision of a try and robbed us.

Twice now. Twice.

As DCE said going off at half time, Aitken's tries come from our mistakes which is something we can fix in the second half.

Api needs to forget about the press this week and just concentrate on giving good service.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
You know, as soon as Badger said "Check that Gareth Widdop is square at marker" I knew they were going to award that try. He completely ignored DCE saying he was taken out.

And that was a clear strip on AFB, the Dragoon's players hand clearly went up and pushed the ball out.....and the Bunker then overturned the live decision of a try and robbed us.

Twice now. Twice.

As DCE said going off at half time, Aitken's tries come from our mistakes which is something we can fix in the second half.

Api needs to forget about the press this week and just concentrate on giving good service.
But, what is just as jaw-dropping is the fact that Widdop was clearly not square. With the DCE interference everyone has overlooked that aspect. He is almost side-by-side with the first marker and never square.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Damn, I see Lussick's run up out of the line for a big hit and then miss his target is back.

He did it a couple of times in the first half as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18
14 7 7 -50 18