Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 17, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
BTW, Kevin Walters has announced the Qld squad for Game 3 of Origin and Nate Myles has been named in the 17.

It will be interesting, if he doesn't get injured, to see who gets dropped at Manly when he returns. I can see it being Green with Kapow back to the 2nd row and Myles to prop.

Tonight will be interesting. St Merge have no attack and Manly's defence is softer than a Mr Whippy cone on a 40 degree summer's day.

St Merge's defence isn't great either and I think that is where we'll have the advantage because I believe with DCE and Killer in the halves, Walker in the centres and Tom at the back, we're a better attacking team (if you can believe it).

Manly by 20 with Tom to score a double and Cherry to have a blinder.
Manly by 20 you say, well with the defense these two teams have that should be a scoreline something like 75-55 then.

If Lewis Fkin Brown starts in the centres , then Trent " the slappable " has lost it....sorry make that never had it to lose..FMD...the guy just grabs jumpers out there. ....itll seriously do me for 2016....a winnable game...play the players in their best position.....Brown either bench or left right out.

BTW, Kevin Walters has announced the Qld squad for Game 3 of Origin and Nate Myles has been named in the 17.

It will be interesting, if he doesn't get injured, to see who gets dropped at Manly when he returns. I can see it being Green with Kapow back to the 2nd row and Myles to prop.
How is he not playing tonight then ? :wondering:

Myles is like Gal - rep games above club games @:mad:

Wonder if Walker's sacking will ruin him for Manly or focus him on playing :think:

How is he not playing tonight then ? :wondering:

Myles is like Gal - rep games above club games @:mad:

Wonder if Walker's sacking will ruin him for Manly or focus him on playing :think:

The last thing Walker needs is Origin distraction. This will be better for him and for manly overall him being dropped. Let's get back to basics and start playing consistent good footy.

With Snake out I can see us lining up as:

Tom Trbojevic
Jorge Taufua
Dylan Walker
Lewis Brown
Brayden Wiliame
Jamie Lyon (c)
Daly Cherry-Evans
Darcy Lussick
Api Koroisau
Martin Taupau
Nathan Green
Jamie Buhrer
Jake Trbojevic

Res - Josh Starling, Siosaia Vave, Addin Fonua-Blake, Isaac John/Matthew Wright

Barrett being Barrett, I can see Brown starting in the centres with Tom now in his rightful spot at fullback. Personally though I would have Wiliame and Wright as the centre/wing combo with Brown on the bench as a utility.

I'll even suggest let's leave brown right out of the 17. Baz won't, but Isaac John being that little man late in the game say last 20 minutes, he'd offer more off the bench then brown if we need that player to make things happen.

And cover just as many positions as brown any way.

I really like how the raiders leave Hodgeson on and play two hookers one at lock and just go all out attack of the little men in the last 20.

Koroisàu; or DCE would carve up just being that free roaming attacking player for 15 -20 minutes.

We don't need Brown.

The last thing Walker needs is Origin distraction. This will be better for him and for manly overall him being dropped. Let's get back to basics and start playing consistent good footy.
We know that. But players' bruised egos do come into their performance @:cool:

I'm down in Moree tonight taking care of the Grandkids whilst my son in law and daughter prepare for their trip to Cape York ( they leave on Saturday).

Luckily they have Foxtel , so bring on 7pm.

I have my fingers and toes crossed , no prediction , just hoping!!

I'll even suggest let's leave brown right out of the 17. Baz won't, but Isaac John being that little man late in the game say last 20 minutes, he'd offer more off the bench then brown if we need that player to make things happen.

And cover just as many positions as brown any way.

I really like how the raiders leave Hodgeson on and play two hookers one at lock and just go all out attack of the little men in the last 20.

Koroisàu; or DCE would carve up just being that free roaming attacking player for 15 -20 minutes.

We don't need Brown.

And when Parcell is back, use Api from the bench as the utility. I like it, but unfortunately I can't see Barrett doing that. If anyone will get dropped it'll be either Star or AFB.

I'm predicting a frustrating game to watch tonight but a win for manly all the same
Walker to have a blinder as he runs around Dugan to get a double tonight
Go Manly

I'm more excited about this game then any to date in 2016.

Come on, we have been rubbish, but not sure this team deserves to equal the worst Manly team ever.

Manly by 20 you say, well with the defense these two teams have that should be a scoreline something like 75-55 then.

See Ralphie, this is where you let yourself down and show the world you have no credibility.

Everyone knows that neither side will kick a field goal. The score will obviously be 74-54. Come on son. You're better than that. @:D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10