Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 17, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL Team
3. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 5. Brayden Wiliame 4. Dylan Walker 18. Matthew Wright 6.Jamie Lyon 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Darcy Lussick 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Martin Taupau 11.Nathan Green 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Josh Starling 16. Addin Fonua-blake 17. Luke Burgess

b60788719592c79de66423993e25661d.jpg

Last edited:
If we lose our next game. This would be the most games consecutive games Manly have lost ever? Is that correct.

So in this results driven business we seem to have failed significantly without Toovs..

Failed.

There would be no question that the new regime have failed. Failed the District. Failed this club. Failed us the supporters. The Penn's have even Failed themselves.

70 years. Yet this side which started the year amongst the premiership favourites, is on the cusp of being our worst ever.

Long live Toovs.

If we lose our next game. This would be the most games consecutive games Manly have lost ever? Is that correct.

So in this results driven business we seem to have failed significantly without Toovs..

Failed.

There would be no question that the new regime have failed. Failed the District. Failed this club. Failed us the supporters. The Penn's have even Failed themselves.

70 years. Yet this side which started the year amongst the premiership favourites, is on the cusp of being our worst ever.

Long live Toovs.
It will equal the record that started with the preliminary final loss to Canberra (in Canberra) in 1998; until Round 8 (24 April) in 1999, when they defeated Parramatta at Brookvale.

Questions have to be asked if we lose this our team is miles ahead of the Drags in quality.
I am reminded of a famous quote by an incredulous former Manly coach (now coaching elsewhere in NRL), "Where have you been? Where have you been?"
Questions have already been asked on Silvertails earlier this year! (but only about 4.5 million so far)

Long live Toovs.
I like Toovs but .... if he handled the transition period better without losing support from some key personnel, would we even be in this mess?

It's been explained many times before. The team announced on Tuesday, less than 24 hours after a match, is always going to be the same - major obvious injuries excepted. This doesn't mean that the selected 17 will play against Illawarra.
You can blame TB for a lot of things, but not for this selection straightjacket.

This isn't the easy game that many are suggesting it might be, Benji was on fire last weekend and I can't see us having it easy at all.

Yes we improved last weekend , and I'd hope Jamie might be better after a run last week, but we still have a player in one of the most important positions on the field who is either injured or doesn't give a **** and every team from now to round 26 will target any weakness, so expect plenty of bombs at Tafua and our fullback to be targeted in defence all night.

After last Monday's narrow loss I get the feeling desperation will get us back into the winner's circle.
Beware the wounded Sea Eagle.

It will equal the record that started with the preliminary final loss to Canberra (in Canberra) in 1998; until Round 8 (24 April) in 1999, when they defeated Parramatta at Brookvale.

We also lost 8 in a row in 1947.

Is this the first time all year that we will potentially go into a game with the same 17 (in the same positions) that played the previous week?

Our last win was Anzac Day against Newcastle. 2 months, 4 days ago.....

We also lost 8 in a row in 1947.

Is this the first time all year that we will potentially go into a game with the same 17 (in the same positions) that played the previous week?

Our last win was Anzac Day against Newcastle. 2 months, 4 days ago.....

There's a reasonable chance we could break the record in 2016 and get to 10, and if it becomes 11 we are totally ****ed as number 11 is the Knights!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6