Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 17, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Monday night feels anything but Footy Night.
I'll drag myself there, but without much enthusiasm.
It's not just our position on the table, it's more the fact that all football results should be known by Sunday night for full discussion on Monday morning.
I agree. Monday night footy sucks. I can't go to the game either because my son has training.

Cheer Manly on to a 38+ victory, then we will be moving up the ladder to lucky 13th :clap:

I'd be stoked to see that!!!

Dragons by 14
Our worst ever losing record head up by a dragons imposter of a coach.

Seriously TB go back to the dragons where your heart is.

You can take John C with you as your assistant.

A moments silence in memory of the late Fred Brown will be held before kick-off at Brookvale Oval with the Sea Eagles NRL team to black armbands in the match against St George-Illawarra Dragons.

Described as a ‘rugged prop from Newcastle’, Brown played 106 First Grade games for Manly from 1948-53. The Sea Eagles entered the NSWRL premiership in 1947
IMG_20160704_132604.jpg

This isn't the easy game that many are suggesting it might be, Benji was on fire last weekend and I can't see us having it easy at all.

Yes we improved last weekend , and I'd hope Jamie might be better after a run last week, but we still have a player in one of the most important positions on the field who is either injured or doesn't give a **** and every team from now to round 26 will target any weakness, so expect plenty of bombs at Tafua and our fullback to be targeted in defence all night.
Wonder how many of our players will limp off this time. I'm thinking 3 going by the last 16 games.

With Snake out I can see us lining up as:

Tom Trbojevic
Jorge Taufua
Dylan Walker
Lewis Brown
Brayden Wiliame
Jamie Lyon (c)
Daly Cherry-Evans
Darcy Lussick
Api Koroisau
Martin Taupau
Nathan Green
Jamie Buhrer
Jake Trbojevic

Res - Josh Starling, Siosaia Vave, Addin Fonua-Blake, Isaac John/Matthew Wright

Barrett being Barrett, I can see Brown starting in the centres with Tom now in his rightful spot at fullback. Personally though I would have Wiliame and Wright as the centre/wing combo with Brown on the bench as a utility.

Footy night. I'm going. Excited.
I've got a feeling we'll win, probably by less than 50.:giggle:
A one pointer will do me.
Go you Mighty Sea Eagles!
I know for you being at Brookie to see a Manly game is a rarity @niccipops so I hope tonight is a memorable and successful one....enjoy, and Go Manly!
PS I'll be there and a one point win will do me too! :nod:

Tonight will be interesting. St Merge have no attack and Manly's defence is softer than a Mr Whippy cone on a 40 degree summer's day.

St Merge's defence isn't great either and I think that is where we'll have the advantage because I believe with DCE and Killer in the halves, Walker in the centres and Tom at the back, we're a better attacking team (if you can believe it).

Manly by 20 with Tom to score a double and Cherry to have a blinder.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8