Pre-Game Manly V Dragons [Round 15, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 14
4 Pines Park
16 Jun 2024 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Journey Man
Not worth your time mate as long as we don't get done by 30 some on here will love the effort.
We are a shadow of the club we once were some say the negative people have infiltrated this site I say the mediocrity crew have infiltrated our supporter base.

Keep up the good fight Ryan but the club has turned as soft as.

I said in another thread, when was the last time we kept the opposition to 10 or less. You'd be appalled at when that was (and it's not even this entire season).

As maxta said, soft underbelly.

For the record it was April 2023 (15 months ago). How terrible is that.

Eagle 1

First Grader
If we don't start winning then fans will walk , sponsorship will walk and this club will continue to nosedive toward regular bottom 4 dwellers territory , the joke club that decent sides count on for a certain 2 points. No wonder supporters are pissed. I bet the vast majority spend shi*ty weeks at work and look toward the weekend to follow their sporting team as a bit of a release. When we keep getting fed the Kool- aide of "The Manly Way" and using our "weapons" and moving ahead of the average pack but all we see is more of the same miserable droll every 2nd week for the last decade then no wonder supporters are blowing fuses. We haven't strung more than 2 wins a row so far this year which is pathetic , that is dogs**t territory. This club was built on being winners. Being competitive at the top not being happy we lost by a couple of points attitude.
Love yout old school comments Mick, don't agree with everything you say. But you're damn entertaining to read.

Ryan

Journey Man
I tend to agree, ST has become an echo chamber of negative opinions. There is not much humour on here anymore. I still visit occasionally but it is a yawn fest.

Watching the games and seeing good spirits among the boys win or lose is where it’s at.
Watching good spirits when we lose, is where it's at? Seriously !!!! **** this, I'm done with this place. Sorry, that's finally broken me..you guys win. Bye everyone, it's been a great journey.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
G
Why not, Bellamy does it. He straight up says his team wasn't up to scratch. He drops players like Slater , NAS and many others. It's about standards. Bellamy will even call our a player saying they had a very poor game.

Standards go a very long way.
Bellamy does Bennett doesn't. Both are in the GOAT conversation.
What Seibs say to the media has very little to do with discussions that happen in house. It's quite reminiscent of Des just with more honey than vinegar.

Hertera

Reserve Grader
And where does all the fist waving get you? Sitting in the same position but just a little more miserable.

Miserable about my footy team but happy in life. Does me venting change the outcome? no but I sure as hell won't fake excitement as a carcass of a once proud club is running around like clubs we used to despise

This is pro sport not some bush league we should expect to win (we used to) and not be so proud of soft efforts.

We have dished up **** for a decade time to call it out.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Miserable about my footy team but happy in life. Does me venting change the outcome? no but I sure as hell won't fake excitement as a carcass of a once proud club is running around like clubs we used to despise

This is pro sport not some bush league we should expect to win (we used to) and not be so proud of soft efforts.

We have dished up **** for a decade time to call it out.
If you're just a fan what difference does the players wages actually make?
Venting is healthy but some carry on like the whole club needs to be shot into the sun and they could run it better themselves.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I said in another thread, when was the last time we kept the opposition to 10 or less. You'd be appalled at when that was (and it's not even this entire season).

As maxta said, soft underbelly.

For the record it was April 2023 (15 months ago). How terrible is that.
32 games and counting
Round 7 April 14th vs the Storm 18-8
Shocking statistic and very concerning

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Fair enough. I'm just interested to hear what irks people about Seibold, as to be fair the team's success on the field broadly reflects Des's second term (ok we made the top 4 one year but were miles off the top teams).

I'd actually guess that is the real Seibold which will horrify you. I'm neutral on him still....I'm happy to judge him at the end of this season after 2 years.

My concern is there are legitimately no better upgrades that are available (Brad Arthur won't move the needle). The Parramatta coaching search says it all. What an uninspiring bunch. Barrett, Hannay and Ryles. No thanks.

Manly's only move is to throw a bucket load of cash at one of the top coaches. Thats doesn't seem to be a possibility under Penn.
Demetriou interviewed yesterday as well.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We have dished up **** for a decade
I will always blame and I will never forgive Bozo Fulton, Barrett, and Penn for all of that "dished up **** for a decade". They were and are responsible for the sacking of Toovie in 2015 and the killing off of the Manly winning culture by way of Toovie's sacking and the mass player sackings at the time ready for Barrett to start off as our coach for the 2016 NRL season. We just never have recovered since then in my opinion.

Eagle 1

First Grader
I will always blame and I will never forgive Bozo Fulton, Barrett, and Penn for all of that "dished up **** for a decade". They were and are responsible for the sacking of Toovie in 2015 and the killing off of the Manly winning culture by way of Toovie's sacking and the mass player sackings at the time ready for Barrett to start off as our coach for the 2016 NRL season. We just never have recovered since then in my opinion.
Yeah, i remember when it all went down, think a lot of us were seduced by a new change in coach and direction. Trouble is, with Barrett, our new direction went south pretty quickly.

Ashton Davis

Reserve Grader
So the key to beating the goons. Target Lomax and Hunt. Linebreaks, line break assists, run metres , try assists, tries and errors are all those 2 in stats. Pressure the hell out of both all game and the goons will go nowhere. Give them time and space they'll tear us a new one.
So let's see if our coach and captain can execute a game plan to nullify them both

Key to winning any game can be answered by Tooves. Run hard, tackle hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18