Pre-Game Manly V Dragons [Round 15, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 14
4 Pines Park
16 Jun 2024 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

manly al

First Grader
Maybe has already been mentioned but just would seem more advantageous Jake starting at prop and Brown at 13 . Doubt that Sipley would start at prop [ and Jake at 13 ] as still has a bit to go with match fitness and other adjustments .
Both sides have a few good strike players , battle of the halfs will be important , hopefully Brooks " attacking game can come to the fore more , aiming up O K in defence
Manly 's defence will obviously have to lift to a much better standard and hopefully the confidence level and good efficiency with the attacking plays can again feature well .
Ideally a dry track , Sunday arvo at Brookie and a good home crowd , should help to get the Manly boys well focussed .
Just get the notion getting beaten by a still mid range side twice in a season and apart from the tenuous ladder position for Manly , could obviously prove quite a setback for final 's aspirations and opportunities

Eagle 1

First Grader
Maybe has already been mentioned but just would seem more advantageous Jake starting at prop and Brown at 13 . Doubt that Sipley would start at prop [ and Jake at 13 ] as still has a bit to go with match fitness and other adjustments .
Both sides have a few good strike players , battle of the halfs will be important , hopefully Brooks " attacking game can come to the fore more , aiming up O K in defence
Manly 's defence will obviously have to lift to a much better standard and hopefully the confidence level and good efficiency with the attacking plays can again feature well .
Ideally a dry track , Sunday arvo at Brookie and a good home crowd , should help to get the Manly boys well focussed .
Just get the notion getting beaten by a still mid range side twice in a season and apart from the tenuous ladder position for Manly , could obviously prove quite a setback for final 's aspirations and opportunities
Yeah, bit worried about the forward exchanges. They have big forwards and for that matter big backs as well. Tent needs to lead the way, this really is a defining moment in his career i feel.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Thank you for posting @The Wheel

As for Seibolds
They are really going to be a good challenge for us .....

Something more Inspirational and uplifting would be

*We are really looking forward to this challenge in our quest to challenge for the title

Winning the comp starts with us and ends with us
Its is all about US and not them

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
IMG_7043.jpeg

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I get your point , and it’s a valid one but I just find the almost total negativity on here both boring & not conducive to enjoying a game of footy.

It’s funny but I now find the games far more enjoyable by being less engaged on ST, and those game day threads ( during the game ) are borderline bipolar.

I get the frustration of now 13 years without a premiership but I’m sort of resigned to it now as it’s part of the “ new NRL”.

The new rules I hate , the players disloyalty , the few rich clubs always at the top , it’s all far less enjoyable than a decade ago.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the matches and in fact apart from that disaster v St Merge I’ve really enjoyed every game this year , win or lose.

Just the way I roll these days
Champion MFB
I am with you
I still get the ultimate joy with a manly win and shout from the roof top
Buy a loss now doesn’t make me angry and disillusioned just disappointed and ah well

Funny , I do get to watch the games with a lot of former players from our Golden eras who are less invested than me

They still like a win but unlike our some of our ST posters do not criticise or condemn
These same players are often mentioned on here as to why can’t we replicate their passion intensity or commit
Simple answer is we can’t
The game has changed
The clubs have changed
The playing environment has changed
The NRL has changed and the product has changed
But some of our fans have not changed with it

Some of the players have read these posts by individuals and have commented that it is just normal by someone me fans
Their advice
Go out and speak face to face to any of the players they have called soft , lazy not committed or an embarrassment and explain what they should do
Turn up and train for one session and see how much they put in

And to the ones who continue to humiliate coaches as worst in history , pathetic ,no game plan , no selection plans or game plans please write them a letter and organise a formal conversation on what you would do as a coach

I am writing this while having a coffee and laugh with two ex legends who said many in their playing days looked at ST with others in the team cause it was a good footy site that has now been infiltrated with some individual gooses.

Most on here no who they are, even themselves
For all the good guys and there are heaps
Go manly says
Go manly

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Champion MFB
I am with you
Buy a loss now doesn’t make me angry and disillusioned just disappointed and ah well

Funny , I do get to watch the games with a lot of former players from our Golden eras who are less invested than me

They still like a win but unlike our some of our ST posters do not criticise or condemn
These same players are often mentioned on here as to why can’t we replicate their passion intensity or commit
The game has changed
The clubs have changed

Some of the players have read these posts by individuals and have commented that it is just normal by someone me fans
Their advice
Go out and speak face to face to any of the players they have called soft , lazy not committed or an embarrassment and explain what they should do

And to the ones who continue to humiliate coaches as worst in history , pathetic ,no game plan , no selection plans or game plans please write them a letter and organise a formal conversation on what you would do as a coach

I am writing this while having a coffee and laugh with two ex legends who said many in their playing days looked at ST with others in the team cause it was a good footy site that has now been infiltrated with some individual gooses.

Go manly says
Go manly
Well said buddy.

Yes I think ST has been “ infiltrated “ ( I’ll use your word ) with a lot of very negative people.

Oh don’t worry I hate a loss as much as the next person but the vitriol on here ( all the new threads immediately after a loss) makes this place far less interesting than it was in the past.

I mean let’s go back even 10 years ago and despite having a great team we still got dusted but it wasn’t this

Sack Seibs
Roobin sucks

Etc etc etc

Just boring really.

You only have to look at the members who no longer post on here that used to !!

The way is very obvious.

I haven’t even looked at the group since I did my dismal footy tips on Tuesday, why ??

Check out the lead threads.

Again I know it’s not all lollipops & roses but bitching , whinging , arguing , demeaning doesn’t improve the team one iota!!!

It is what it is , maybe one day will be different but sure as **** whinging about it on here won’t change a godamned thing !!

Ryan

Journey Man
What would you like him to say or not say?
That they aren't where they either would like to be, or SHOULD be. There's been a realignment of defensive structures and attitudes. We aren't happy with losing 4 from 5, and getting pumped by The Dragons, and that there's been some soup searching this week, where every player understands that without result, comes accountability (including us, the coaching staff).

Ryan

Journey Man
Champion MFB
I am with you

The game has changed
The clubs have changed

Their advice

Go manly says
Go manly

"ah well" if we lose ?

Jeez. Apathy is a beautiful thing I guess.

There's levels of intensity and passion I guess.

I legitimately don't get tlit. If it's ah well after winning less than 50% of your games, I have to ask if you really care ?

This is a hobby and passion to some. You can't rip them for being 100% plugged in and passionate, even if you aren't?

People don't criticise , and don't be negative if they don't care. People should think about that.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well said buddy.

Yes I think ST has been “ infiltrated “ ( I’ll use your word ) with a lot of very negative people.

Oh don’t worry I hate a loss as much as the next person but the vitriol on here ( all the new threads immediately after a loss) makes this place far less interesting than it was in the past.

I mean let’s go back even 10 years ago and despite having a great team we still got dusted but it wasn’t this

Sack Seibs
Roobin sucks

Etc etc etc

Just boring really.

You only have to look at the members who no longer post on here that used to !!

The way is very obvious.

I haven’t even looked at the group since I did my dismal footy tips on Tuesday, why ??

Check out the lead threads.

Again I know it’s not all lollipops & roses but bitching , whinging , arguing , demeaning doesn’t improve the team one iota!!!

It is what it is , maybe one day will be different but sure as **** whinging about it on here won’t change a godamned thing !!

Markos , what do you want and expect at this current point, time and situation? Like in a perfect world, given our position now (and the past 10 years), what would you like to read here when you log in ?

Say we get pumped Sunday, what would you expect and like to read when you come on here?

I'm not being a smart arse, I honestly would love your perspective ?

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
If we don't start winning then fans will walk , sponsorship will walk and this club will continue to nosedive toward regular bottom 4 dwellers territory , the joke club that decent sides count on for a certain 2 points. No wonder supporters are pissed. I bet the vast majority spend shi*ty weeks at work and look toward the weekend to follow their sporting team as a bit of a release. When we keep getting fed the Kool- aide of "The Manly Way" and using our "weapons" and moving ahead of the average pack but all we see is more of the same miserable droll every 2nd week for the last decade then no wonder supporters are blowing fuses. We haven't strung more than 2 wins a row so far this year which is pathetic , that is dogs**t territory. This club was built on being winners. Being competitive at the top not being happy we lost by a couple of points attitude.

Last edited:

Pete W

Bencher
What would you like him to say or not say?
Pre-conceived catch phrases cooked up in a PR-brainstorm, best utilised by sleazy politicians, seem a little disingenuous for my liking, and I would much prefer our head of football to show a little more integrity when representing our club in public. Unless, of course, that truly is the real Anthony Seibold, in which case, that makes it all the more horrifying. And why must he continually defend our performances without anyone actually asking? He is constantly justifying himself, as if he is still re-living his traumatic Broncos press conferences. This is weakness. And this weakness trickles down to all within our team. But if he brings success to Manly, then I am born again.

Last edited:

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Markos , what do you want and expect at this current point, time and situation? Like in a perfect world, given our position now (and the past 10 years), what would you like to read here when you log in ?

Say we get pumped Sunday, what would you expect and like to read when you come on here?

I get the venting after a loss, I feel exactly the same way but choose not to feed that monster.

What really turns me off is the over the top threads, like the current ones about DCE, Ruben and Ben. Starting them in the heat of the moment is understandable but then they dominate the front page for the next week and suck the oxygen out of the room for anything that is actually interesting to me.

Same thing happens after a few wins, with lots of smoke being blown and premiership threat hyperbole being thrown around which I find equally futile, although it's more fun to participate in.

Pete W

Bencher
I get the venting after a loss, I feel exactly the same way but choose not to feed that monster.

What really turns me off is the over the top threads, like the current ones about DCE, Ruben and Ben. Starting them in the heat of the moment is understandable but then they dominate the front page for the next week and suck the oxygen out of the room for anything that is actually interesting to me.

Same thing happens after a few wins, with lots of smoke being blown and premiership threat hyperbole being thrown around which I find equally futile, although it's more fun to participate in.
The names of those 3 threads in particular are especially ridiculous

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
So the key to beating the goons. Target Lomax and Hunt. Linebreaks, line break assists, run metres , try assists, tries and errors are all those 2 in stats. Pressure the hell out of both all game and the goons will go nowhere. Give them time and space they'll tear us a new one.
So let's see if our coach and captain can execute a game plan to nullify them both

That they aren't where they either would like to be, or SHOULD be. There's been a realignment of defensive structures and attitudes. We aren't happy with losing 4 from 5, and getting pumped by The Dragons, and that there's been some soup searching this week, where every player understands that without result, comes accountability (including us, the coaching staff).
Yeah nah!

To satisfy this negative forum He should say “ we are a sh1t side, we got hammered by St George last time .. things will be no different this time, DCE is a Sh1t play except when playing SOO, we leak points, our forwards are soft ….”

Just sayin’

Rocky

Bencher
Pre-conceived catch phrases cooked up in a PR-brainstorm, best utilised by sleazy politicians, seem a little disingenuous for my liking, and I would much prefer our head of football to show a little more integrity when representing our club in public. Unless, of course, that truly is the real Anthony Seibold, in which case, that makes it all the more horrifying. And why must he continually defend our performances without anyone actually asking? He is constantly justifying himself, as if he is still re-living his traumatic Broncos press conferences. This is weakness. And this weakness trickles down to all within our team. But if he brings success to Manly, then I am born again.
Fair enough. I'm just interested to hear what irks people about Seibold, as to be fair the team's success on the field broadly reflects Des's second term (ok we made the top 4 one year but were miles off the top teams).

I'd actually guess that is the real Seibold which will horrify you. I'm neutral on him still....I'm happy to judge him at the end of this season after 2 years.

My concern is there are legitimately no better upgrades that are available (Brad Arthur won't move the needle). The Parramatta coaching search says it all. What an uninspiring bunch. Barrett, Hannay and Ryles. No thanks.

Manly's only move is to throw a bucket load of cash at one of the top coaches. Thats doesn't seem to be a possibility under Penn.

Ryan

Journey Man
Yeah nah!

To satisfy this negative forum He should say “ we are a sh1t side, we got hammered by St George last time .. things will be no different this time, DCE is a Sh1t play except when playing SOO, we leak points, our forwards are soft ….”

Just sayin’
Why not, Bellamy does it. He straight up says his team wasn't up to scratch. He drops players like Slater , NAS and many others. It's about standards. Bellamy will even call our a player saying they had a very poor game.

Standards go a very long way.

Hertera

Reserve Grader

Not worth your time mate as long as we don't get done by 30 some on here will love the effort.
We are a shadow of the club we once were some say the negative people have infiltrated this site I say the mediocrity crew have infiltrated our supporter base.

Keep up the good fight Ryan but the club has turned as soft as some of our supporters. Participation medals to all.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Champion MFB
I am with you

The game has changed
The clubs have changed

Their advice

Go manly says
Go manly
I tend to agree, ST has become an echo chamber of negative opinions. There is not much humour on here anymore. I still visit occasionally but it is a yawn fest.

Watching the games and seeing good spirits among the boys win or lose is where it’s at.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Why not, Bellamy does it. He straight up says his team wasn't up to scratch. He drops players like Slater , NAS and many others. It's about standards. Bellamy will even call our a player saying they had a very poor game.

Standards go a very long way.
Bellamy , Bennett they command respect. Seibold has done zero to earn that type of respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17