Pre-Game Manly V Dragons [Round 15, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 14
4 Pines Park
16 Jun 2024 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
It's perplexing at its best and scary its at worse; it's borderline hedonism to only engage with the game when everything is going well. It defies the natural order of the universe; day and night, yin and yang, fire and water, good and evil, life and death, and Manly winning and losing!
What makes sport such a beautiful thing is the despair that goes along with the euphoria.

You can follow a band and every gig is a good night.

But sport can devastate you, and it is because of those lows that the highs are so damm high.

Darknstormy

Reserve Grader
Mate, that's just your opinion, it's not mine. We played against the Premiership favourites, a lot of people/posters need to get a grip. We gave it our all and came up short.To say there was no effort is insulting.
Isn’t it crazy we were once that team that other teams fans would say we done as good as we could they are the premiership favourites…hopefully one day soon we will be that team again

Eagle 1

First Grader
Isn’t it crazy we were once that team that other teams fans would say we done as good as we could they are the premiership favourites…hopefully one day soon we will be that team again
That was our golden period, the days of Lyon, Stewartt bros, Matai etc, revisiting that period again seems a long way off tbh We put in the odd cameo performances at Brookie that keep our fans coming back for more. Seems we've rebuilt the fortress again this season and thats good signs for the future. Who knows, maybe one day we will be that premiership favourite team again.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thinking back to Brooks reacting to Luai's effort on Burbo last week... What odds Flanagan will plan a roughing up of young Hoppa with the aim of getting a Manly player binned or worse?
Please don't get sucked in Manly! (talking to you Brown!)

yfn lucci diamond GIF by Fuse

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Thinking back to Brooks reacting to Luai's effort on Burbo last week... What odds Flanagan will plan a roughing up of young Hoppa with the aim of getting a Manly player binned or worse?
Please don't get sucked in Manly! (talking to you Brown!)

yfn lucci diamond GIF by Fuse
Well judging by the standard myopic efforts of ref/bunker clowns that seem to permeate every game we play I'd say the odds are pretty short it will happen.

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
Ok we are definitely at that time of the season where we need to move up a gear or two. It is critical that we go on a bit of a winning streak starting on Sunday. We are back at home and I'm sure the boys know that our season is starting to slip away. Still plenty of time to correct that and we have shown in patches just what we are capable of when everything clicks.

I like our squad for this game. If we can get our defensive reads right out wide and close to our line I am sure we will come up with the goods in attack. Talau is playing great and he certainly knows how to score a try. Hopoate has slotted in nicely. Hopefully we get to see him in a bit of space and see what he can do with the ball.

Even with Aloiai out we still have a strong squad. Brown will be out there pumped to start the game so that will rub off on the other boys at Brookie.

I am tipping Manly to click in to gear on Sunday arvo and win the wrestle fairly early on and go on with it.

Manly 34 Dragons 16

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Illawarra under flanagan will be out to use the blueprint he seen successfully used against Manly when he was assistant coach last season.
Get in the arm wrestle and wait for them to wilt.
It's up to Manly to stand up when the game is in the balance and say "We want it more"...in fact show it through energy and desire in actions winning those 1% plays.
That would be ideal, but I have a feeling St Illawarra will be extra up for it as they feel they have a legitimate chance and 1 thing in 2024, they don't go away easily, but have shown the white flag when out enthused a few times.
Really hoping Manly aim up attitude wise, as this game can very easily go either way....but I reckon Manly 11 - 20 and a strong performance.

double hoops

First Grader
This game will show how much desire our squad has because they can’t afford to let these two competitions slip through their grasp again.
Agree. But the answer worries me. Manly's core playing group has never shown much desire when it matters, and thats over a number of years and a number of coaches.

Seibolds has done well to get em up a couple of times this year.

It would be nice to see em trying to win something other than the participation ribbon for a change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18