Manly v Dogs Round 22, 2018 Pre Game thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Before yesterday I had targeted this game as a “ must win”, and I believe it still is but it will be far from easy.

The Bulldogs have won two on a row and against more fancied opposition.

On paper their team isn’t half the team we played yesterday BUT can our players get up two weeks in a row?

It’s at “ Fortfail Brookvale” so that’s not an advantage but a win on Saturday will surely mean we can’t win the spoon as Cowboys can’t take a trick and the Eels have a really tough last month draw.

We’d have to win really big to jump the Bulldogs and I can’t see that happening but I think yesterday’s result will have a positive impact on their confidence so I reckon we can get them.

I’d make one change , Matt Wright is a bit pedestrian BUT is a far better defender than Parker, sorry Brad back to BWSE for you.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this game.

Last edited:
Yep, gotta beat the doggies. 2 last games of the season at home smash the mutts and the tits and we could end up ahead of the knights on the table! Not the highest of expectations but at this point I'll take it!

Usually Manly fans have better reason to call games at this time of the year "vital or must win".

I cant get my head around it.

Must say I couldnt care less about getting the spoon, last or 2nd last or 3rd last means the same to me.

Different kind of game this one
2 teams battling to avoid the spoon , So will both teams feel the pressure from this one as both teams have played top 8 sides of late with nothing to loose ,Now this game is like a semi for both teams
On that I think Manly get the points here ,being back at Brookie ( even though we haven’t won many there of late ) on the back of a good win , will be a tough game but feel we can win it

If we turn up in the mind set to win and don’t make too many errors thus retaining the majority of possession we can win. They will target our fragile defence out wide. Our defence has been dreadful we have leaked over 110 points in the last 3 games.

Before yesterday I had targeted this game as a “ must win”, and I believe it still is but it will be far from easy.

The Bulldogs have one two on a row and against more fancied opposition.

On paper their team isn’t half the team we played yesterday BUT can our players get up two weeks in a row?

It’s at “ Fortfail Brookvale” so that’s not an advantage but a win on Saturday will surely mean we can’t win the spoon as Cowboys can’t take a trick and the Eels have a really tough last month draw.

We’d have to win really big to jump the Bulldogs and I can’t see that happening but I think yesterday’s result will have a positive impact on their confidence so I reckon we can get them.

I’d make one change , Matt Wright is a bit pedestrian BUT is a far better defender than Parker, sorry Brad back to BWSE for you.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this game.
We should be up for it and on the back of yesterday, we should have the confidence to win. I still think the bench is not being utilised as best as it could be. To not play Trent H at all is a waste. I thought our young 9 did a good job yesterday but he's not yet built for 80 mins of the tough stuff. I think we need to bring Brown into the side as the utility. I am stlll not convinced re Suli. Everytime they ran over that way we looked shot. We got a couple of obstruction calls go our way but that right side defence is woeful. I would prefer a straight swap of Suli and Matt Wright. OR... Trent to 6, Walks to 3 and Bring Brown in as utility..

If it wasnt at Brookie ,I would be some what confident.
We win convincingly at home ,may be enough to go on a roll & win the rest.(ok ,getting way ahead of myself).

The problems on the right side start well in from Parker .... if you watch the replays you will see both DCE and Walker not moving up and leaving the outside guys with no choice but to scramble or rush up ..... need to put the blame where it belongs .... not simply on the last bloke in the line who has 2/3 blokes running at him 10m from the line ...

The problems on the right side start well in from Parker .... if you watch the replays you will see both DCE and Walker not moving up and leaving the outside guys with no choice but to scramble or rush up ..... need to put the blame where it belongs .... not simply on the last bloke in the line who has 2/3 blokes running at him 10m from the line ...

And all our opposition teams know it as well which is why most attacks on our line go that way!!

Don't be silly, it is always the last guy even with 5 running at him who is to blames, the other 12 players never have anything to do with it......

And all our opposition teams know it as well which is why most attacks on our line go that way!!

and so do we against other teams .... 90% of all attacking raids and kicks rehearsed at training are designed to do one thing ... isolate a winger .... if the blokes insiide are beaten or read it wrong. the poor winger generally ends up fukkened .. and maligned ...

and so do we against other teams .... 90% of all attacking raids and kicks rehearsed at training are designed to do one thing ... isolate a winger .... if the blokes insiide are beaten or read it wrong. the poor winger generally ends up fukkened .. and maligned ...
Nice one Woodsie. Written with great authority.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6