Manly v Cronulla [Round 6 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE was ok today without being brilliant.

MoM should have gone to either Snake, Gifty, Foz or Skivvy IMO, with an honourable mention to Jorge and Peta.

Gifty ran more today than I've seen him do in a while. According to the NRL website match centre he ran for 141 metres today (our top 3 today were Jorge with 178, Skivvy with 169 and Snake who also ran further than he has in a while with 157).

Brookie was a bit of a bog to be fair, and yeah, we gradually sank to their level.

BJ deserved a double ( clearly play on ).
Great to have Horhay back and agree can't wait for a genuinely dry track.

20 point win, untroubled and hopefully injury free......I'll take it...ESP when the doom-merchants tipped us to go down by 10-plus...

bennyeagle said:
We will lose today, got that feeling again, wade graham will have a blinder ! Watch him to hit the holes running flat at the line ! Spells disaster for us in the wet !

Thoughts? You can never say that about our Eagles mate. Far too much class, pride and quality. We just aren't a team that loses games in a row...or its very very rare.

Opposition or fans write us off at your own peril. I had very little doubt if any that we'd win this

Kiwi Eagle said:
Really disappointing to get a 24 pt win scoring 5 tries in the wet and moving into the top 4. Things have got to change

Really?? To many times we have played like that in the second half and lost the game.

Ryan said:
bennyeagle said:
We will lose today, got that feeling again, wade graham will have a blinder ! Watch him to hit the holes running flat at the line ! Spells disaster for us in the wet !

Thoughts? You can never say that about our Eagles mate. Far too much class, pride and quality. We just aren't a team that loses games in a row...or its very very rare.

Opposition or fans write us off at your own peril. I had very little doubt if any that we'd win this

Happy to admit to was well and truly proven wrong !!

torana355 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Really disappointing to get a 24 pt win scoring 5 tries in the wet and moving into the top 4. Things have got to change

Really?? To many times we have played like that in the second half and lost the game.

Aside from round 1 any other examples ?

Is usual for a side that gets to a big lead to drop away

I thought Jorge had a shocker watching from the hill and must have dropped 4 balls? A few leading to tries too. Bombed a few in the second half. Not too concerned

He's more of a second rower then front row but JSL keeps saying pick me. Top stuff. Can we sign him up everyone will want him in 6 months time.

Pepi said:
I thought Jorge had a shocker watching from the hill and must have dropped 4 balls? A few leading to tries too. Bombed a few in the second half. Not too concerned

A big prob for us this year is spinning it ridiculously on the 1st or 2 nd tackle, not his fault.

Kiwi Eagle said:

That is idiotic.

We won by 20 not 24

Fluffy said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

That is idiotic.

We won by 20 not 24

Fair point, really struggled in the 1st half of that post but came home strong, maybe the lads can learn something from that

Jorge had moments of brilliance split with poor timing and lack of match fitness.

Give him a few more weeks and he will be back to his best, showed more than enough for me to see how good he can be.

I thought dynamics lui played well he runs at the line full tilt and was unlucky not to get a try.

Both sides were robbed by dud calls from the ref that one that literally went backward about a meter from dce no look pass was pretty odd.

I thought Foz was awesome in that game, the guy is such an organizer and does so many little things. He is a the forgotten half sometimes because he isn't always as flashy as Dce can be but he brings so much to the table, orders the troops around and they listen to him. Leads by example too. Horro ran a bit better today but the short ball doesn't work every game. I love how our halves combine in sets and can play more than just first receiver.

Today was a training run, once we put the score beyond reach we ran a few different lines and tried a few combos. I was only upset about the fact the sharks scored at all, there was no knock on from Matai there and instead of a scrum to them Jamie should have been lining up the conversion from a Tafua try

mickqld said:
1st half was ok. 2nd half was poor. Cows will carve us up next Fri.

We have a very similar points for and against. It won't be a walk in the park next week.

Gee there a lot of whingers on here.We have basically played the top 3 sides from last year and the 2 in form sides from this year before today with 2 or 3 of our players out each and every week. We are in the top 4 with a nice draw ahead with only one of the dreaded Monday games(7 last year) to come.

Comps aren't won in Rd 6.We have made a habit of slackening off in the second half for the last few years. We have also made a habit of making Grand Finals over the same period.

All good.

Had a great day watching the boys win. Pity the rain kept the crowd low. Highlights for me were Steve Matai's performance and then high-fiving the players after the match. Gift was great. I said, 'I hope you stay', he said, 'so do I.' awesome to be back at Brookie.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6