Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 9, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
In my experience, Kiwis, Poms & Yanks I've spoken to just don't get AFL. Obviously, Kiwis & Poms are familiar with the Rugby codes, & even the Yank brother in law enjoys NRL.
I suppose having similarities to American Football helps.
Four Downs V 6 Tackles, etc.
Have your Canadian mates seen AFL, GE?

Err...this is a bit awkward - - - I don't have any friends. :(

But for the sake of argument....I'll say.... no?

My 2 'nadian bro in laws have both seen it. They get it...the younger one kinda likes it, but then they laugh at me for having no mates and walk off.

In my experience, Kiwis, Poms & Yanks I've spoken to just don't get AFL. Obviously, Kiwis & Poms are familiar with the Rugby codes, & even the Yank brother in law enjoys NRL.

The Irish get AFL.

Just about sums it up for me.

(And yes,, I just made a comment that could be taken as racially insensitive.) So I'll just add that some of my best friends are gay Irishmen.(and women)

You notice how they continue to ignore the fact that in the very same game as the "Hand of Foran" try.....Jorge got stripped of the ball in a 2 on 1 tackle and in the following set of 6.....the Cows scored a try from a Thurston forward pass.

But that HoF try was what lost them the game.....
100 percent agreed. I was at that game and that pass was ridiculously forward

There have been exhibition games of Aussie Rules played in Canada. I remember South Australia taking on Western Australia in the BC Place indoor stadium back in about 1986.....SA lost :(

100 percent agreed. I was at that game and that pass was ridiculously forward

SE corner IIRC correctly.

The Irish get AFL.

Just about sums it up for me.

(And yes,, I just made a comment that could be taken as racially insensitive.) So I'll just add that some of my best friends are gay Irishmen.(and women)
Haha.
I've always thought it funny, we have Irish jokes, Americans have Polish jokes,etc & it's socially accepted. But, those same jokes pointed in another direction can cause "big trouble in little China". ;)

Wright to play for sure, the other still unknown.

My guess is Api to 5/8 if fit (assuming Parcell is fit) as there is no reason to risk him as a backup hooker which means Walker to fullback or Wing (Possibly both fullback in attack)

So just had a scan through the internetz.

It seems snake will likely be out. As fluffy said wright will defiently be playing but from comments made earlier in week williame could be fullback.

Got to be a bit concerned coming up against a strong team when manly are still a new team coming together and are going to have some major positional changes tonight.

A win can only come from a mighty gutsy effort.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8