Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 9, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol at Taumololo having a dig at Parra's forward pack. They had already beaten your team earlier this season and and it wasn't until Norman's professional foul that the Cowboys were able to put Parramatta away very late in the game at home.

Taupau will smash that clown.

Written by Annastacia Palaszczuk !

Sigh, i still wonder sometimes how i ended up living here in Qld.
I wondered it for 5 years, it was great to break free eventually, I still have to live with the deep regret that my only daughter is a Queenslander though

Well...hopefully an article like that can fire our forwards up ...if they needed it anymore. It's the kind of article you hope your own players don't say.

Telling the opposition they can't handle you maybe isn't the smartest thing to do.
Anyway...hope it backfires for them.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/cowboys/cowboys-jason-taumalolo-says-rival-forward-packs-cannot-handle-their-brutality/news-story/ed91d4709725e3055cf6d35c49ed83ab?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20dailytelegraphnrlndm%20(Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL)

Cowboys’ Jason Taumalolo says rival forward packs cannot handle their brutality

an hour ago
Chris GarryThe Courier-Mail

origin:video_integrator.p4MjM1MzE6bmHbXkoOZCJ-1C0tYdh7QF

THE Cowboys have dubbed it their “Power Play” and Jason Taumalolo says rival forward packs cannot handle their brutality when they use it.

Manly will be the latest club to feel the new-found power of the Cowboys when the fierce rivals revisit their bad blood at Brookvale Oval tonight.

Notoriously bad starters, the Cowboys have decided to use raw aggression and old school tactics to own the opening 20 minutes of games.

Led by Matt Scott and Jason Taumalolo, the Cowboys pack are bullying opposition teams this year.

Scott in particular has levelled rival forwards with hits rarely associated with the Cowboys co-captain.

Taumalolo put it bluntly when he said the Parramatta forwards could not handle the collisions last weekend.

v1

“Some teams can’t handle that, Parra were one of them,” said the star lock, who is second in the competition for average run metres at 164.

“They started to fade after one or two big collisions and hopefully we can carry that on through the rest of the season.

0462d1c2a8e9a1986b27603b19b335ae

Jason Taumalolo says rivals can’t handle North Queensland’s aggression.
“Our Power Play is something we want to establish in that first 15-20 minutes of the game.”

The Cowboys have led at halftime in six of their eight games this season compared with only three at the same stage last season.

The biggest change to the reigning premiers performances this year is their power game.

The Cowboys make the equal most run metres, score the most points, score the most tries and make the most passes in the competition.

Their forward pack makes the first and last 20 minutes their priority and have challenged themselves to be the dominant players on the field during those periods.

“It’s enjoyable, coming in and trying to make a difference in the last 20 minutes and if that’s what the team needs me to do then I’m more than happy to do that,” Taumalolo said.

“To make a difference I can’t do it by myself, I had big Matt Scott and Jimmy (Tamou) helping me do that so to have the guys in the middle stand up and give opportunities to guys like JT, Coote and Morgan is big, especially when the game was in the balance.”

The Cowboys have genuine bad blood with the Sea Eagles.

It stems from the “hand of Foran” incident in the finals series of 2012 when the Sea Eagles were awarded a crucial try despite an obvious knock-on by Foran.

In 2014, the Sea Eagles were again the beneficiaries of poor refereeing when they won a golden point thriller at Gosford over the Cowboys.

In both instances Cowboys players and officials were unhappy with how the Sea Eagles carried on after their victories.

My goodness, are they still going on about "the hand of Foran"!

We beat them 22-12 with dubious decisions going both ways.
Even Greg Inglis could work out if you take 6 from 22 they still get beaten.

Rain all day by the look. Actually think it'll play to our advantage. This will be a boggy slog. Won't be much in it. Manly by 4.

I wondered it for 5 years, it was great to break free eventually, I still have to live with the deep regret that my only daughter is a Queenslander though
But doesn't that wear off eventually if you move far away?

Just overcast, hoping the rain passes out to sea and we will have a dry game :)
Dont you check your Conversations? I mean seriously here I am programming something specifically that you asked for....but no ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8