Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 9, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My dog got "monitored" once.

3097-513ffb1ec9d234ee5d11491273d42f3d.jpg

I did some casual work for a local PI here once. He paid me $200 to monitor a lady in a "possible" adulterous affair situation. I didn't really get it, but hey....easiest money I ever made!! I was done by smoko. The PI never called me again. Strange bloke.....

monitor.jpg

Did not realise this until reading the NRL preview of our game , Ben Cummins is our main ref for our game this week!!

Going to be interesting to see how he refs this week and if there are any dubious calls this week does the coach of the losing team of those calls have the guts to go after Cummins credibility 2 weeks in a row!!
Most unlikely

Sea Eagles: Trent Barrett confirmed on Friday that Brett Stewart (hamstring) and Tom Trbojevic (ankle) will not play, Matt Parcell is a definite starter, while Apisai Koroisai is only rated a 50% chance.

Last edited:
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/04/29/plenty_of_dangers_fo.html

Plenty of dangers for Sea Eagles
Wayne Cousins

Fri 29th April, 10:34AM

Sea Eagles Coach Trent Barrett rattled off the dangers the North Queensland Cowboys present with ease ahead of tomorrow night’s Brookvale Oval blockbuster against the Premiers.

“There aren’t really any weaknesses, particularly with the football. They are a dangerous side and (Jonathan) Thurston is a threat all over the park. (Michael) Morgan on the right and (Lachlan) Coote on the left,’’ Barrett said.

“Coote’s a left foot kick, there is a kick threat, there is a run threat from all of them, there is a pass threat, (Jake) Granville’s a threat out of dummy half.

“You have got to be on your toes everywhere and we understand that. The key is to keep the ball off them and handle their middles.”

The Sea Eagles go into the game at Brookvale Oval missing Brett Stewart (hamstring) and Tom Trbojevic (ankle) from the team named on Tuesday. The Sea Eagles trained today for the first time since beating Newcastle at Hunter Stadium on Anzac Day.

Matt Parcell will play after overcoming a hamstring injury while hooker Api Koroisau (rib) will be given until an hour before kick-off to prove his fitness.

New signing Mathew Wright is set to play for the Sea Eagles just days after being granted a release from the Cowboys.

Barrett is still to determine whether Wright will play at wing or full-back. Winger Brayden Wiliame finished the game against Newcastle at full-back following the injury to Stewart.

The match also begins the final countdown of home games at Brookvale Oval for Captain and club legend Jamie Lyon.

Barrett said the premiership winning centre deserved to go out on the best possible note and expected his players to lift for their captain. He added the coaching staff did try to convince Lyon to stay on for an extra season.

“It gives ‘Killer’ a chance to really enjoy the last 20 odd weeks of footy. We need to send him out in the fashion he deserves,’’ Barrett said.

“He is a champion player, a great of this club, and will go down as one of the best centres of his generation.

“Not only that, he is a champion bloke Jamie. He is held in well high regard amongst the players, not just a footballer but as a person. It is pretty hard to find someone to say a bad word about Jamie Lyon.”

It's no surprise that the teams which reach the grand final are almost always those with the lowest turnover of players through the season.
We seem to have copped more than our far share of injuries over the past two seasons. The 'Riff, the Titans, the Tigers and Newcastle are other clubs to be struggling because of injuries. The clubs at the top are sailing along with minimal injuries.
This may start to even out when the rep season concludes as we will have a much lower representation in these contests. Let's hope so.

"“Coote’s a left foot kick, there is a kick threat, there is a run threat from all of them, there is a pass threat, (Jake) Granville’s a threat out of dummy half."

I'm glad the sub-editor clarified that it is (Jake) Granville. Otherwise readers would have thought the suburb of Granville is a threat out of dummy half. Good save that.

1 Walker
2 Wright
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 Williame
6 Api
7 DCE
8 Lawrence
9 Parcell
10 Myles
11 Taupau
12 Symonds
13 Trbojevic

14 Hynes
15 Lussick
16 Fonua Blake
17 Vave

Hynes or a player that can play half should be kn the bench, as apparently Api is only 50/50 to play.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/cowboys/cowboys-jason-taumalolo-says-rival-forward-packs-cannot-handle-their-brutality/news-story/ed91d4709725e3055cf6d35c49ed83ab?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20dailytelegraphnrlndm%20(Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL)

Cowboys’ Jason Taumalolo says rival forward packs cannot handle their brutality

an hour ago
Chris GarryThe Courier-Mail

origin:video_integrator.p4MjM1MzE6bmHbXkoOZCJ-1C0tYdh7QF

THE Cowboys have dubbed it their “Power Play” and Jason Taumalolo says rival forward packs cannot handle their brutality when they use it.

Manly will be the latest club to feel the new-found power of the Cowboys when the fierce rivals revisit their bad blood at Brookvale Oval tonight.

Notoriously bad starters, the Cowboys have decided to use raw aggression and old school tactics to own the opening 20 minutes of games.

Led by Matt Scott and Jason Taumalolo, the Cowboys pack are bullying opposition teams this year.

Scott in particular has levelled rival forwards with hits rarely associated with the Cowboys co-captain.

Taumalolo put it bluntly when he said the Parramatta forwards could not handle the collisions last weekend.

v1

“Some teams can’t handle that, Parra were one of them,” said the star lock, who is second in the competition for average run metres at 164.

“They started to fade after one or two big collisions and hopefully we can carry that on through the rest of the season.

0462d1c2a8e9a1986b27603b19b335ae

Jason Taumalolo says rivals can’t handle North Queensland’s aggression.
“Our Power Play is something we want to establish in that first 15-20 minutes of the game.”

The Cowboys have led at halftime in six of their eight games this season compared with only three at the same stage last season.

The biggest change to the reigning premiers performances this year is their power game.

The Cowboys make the equal most run metres, score the most points, score the most tries and make the most passes in the competition.

Their forward pack makes the first and last 20 minutes their priority and have challenged themselves to be the dominant players on the field during those periods.

“It’s enjoyable, coming in and trying to make a difference in the last 20 minutes and if that’s what the team needs me to do then I’m more than happy to do that,” Taumalolo said.

“To make a difference I can’t do it by myself, I had big Matt Scott and Jimmy (Tamou) helping me do that so to have the guys in the middle stand up and give opportunities to guys like JT, Coote and Morgan is big, especially when the game was in the balance.”

The Cowboys have genuine bad blood with the Sea Eagles.

It stems from the “hand of Foran” incident in the finals series of 2012 when the Sea Eagles were awarded a crucial try despite an obvious knock-on by Foran.

In 2014, the Sea Eagles were again the beneficiaries of poor refereeing when they won a golden point thriller at Gosford over the Cowboys.

In both instances Cowboys players and officials were unhappy with how the Sea Eagles carried on after their victories.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6