Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 15, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
26 4 Pines Park
17 Jun 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

He will retire eventually. However I hope he never ends up as our coach.
DCE only cares about DCE and his future. He has ripped the dollars out of Manly and prooves it's all about the money with the titans backflip. He is just building a cushion with his well spoken demeaner for a future media job.

View attachment 21400
He catches it in our 10m, say 2m to the right of the left upright. Standard goal posts are spaced at 5.5m and passes to an offside player who scored right next to the right upright. Luck to have travelled 8m but maybe they look at the hypotenuse length lol. We shouldn’t have lost but that was a howler and how they worked out the 10m is beyond me.

They can’t rule on forward passes due to camera angles etc but 10m measurements are all good as it overturned a no try call so it needed to be conclusive.
I don’t want to rain on your parade as you’ve gone to a lot of effort,but Robson scored about a metre to the left of the left upright

The most costly instance of a lack of effort came when DCE put that long kick into the in goal with less than 10 to go, that held up on the dead ball line, yet Drinkwater was able to get out. From there they got a penalty and the rest is history…

That was unbelievable. Shouldn’t have let that happen. We sat back, watched and then gave a penalty away. Big turning point and then the 3-4 short kicks that we didn’t handle. You can’t blame Saab completely as he had no protection he was out there on his own.

I hate this look:
274DE20A-2644-407D-90E3-F52719E31131.jpeg

Of course he is a fellow hayseed teammate, but would it kill him to try and look disappointed after a loss like that?

The most costly instance of a lack of effort came when DCE put that long kick into the in goal with less than 10 to go, that held up on the dead ball line, yet Drinkwater was able to get out. From there they got a penalty and the rest is history…
100% those little effort areas show the difference between us and the top teams. Even on the first cowboys try Holmes runs down our right side to score and Tuipulotu clocks off instead of forcing him to ground the ball in the corner he allows Holmes to advance the try location to make the conversion much easier. The team just does not compete for every little advantage. Possibly due to being a young team but i only hope they saw how quickly things can get away from you if you clock off for just a couple of minutes.

You don’t think cherry looked like he was going through the motions? Failed to maintain or set the standards in gameplay or urgency as a captain should? Cramped his outside men, rendering them no where near as effective as we need them to be?

He is a hack for a large percentage of games, way to many to be paid that much or be our captain

He was making sure he didnt get hurt for Origin.

100% those little effort areas show the difference between us and the top teams. Even on the first cowboys try Holmes runs down our right side to score and Tuipulotu clocks off instead of forcing him to ground the ball in the corner he allows Holmes to advance the try location to make the conversion much easier. The team just does not compete for every little advantage. Possibly due to being a young team but i only hope they saw how quickly things can get away from you if you clock off for just a couple of minutes.
Yeah I saw DCE give it to Christian after letting Holmes bring it around to the posts.

You look at it now after losing by two and holding him out there on the sideline to score could have made a difference. Hindsight, obviously.

DCE uncertainty and unstructured plays cause panic and errors. We didn't make errors last week or the week before when he wasn't playing. Such a poor player for his experience. Most overrated in the comp. Can't even.
Yeah, shame we can't put him in stocks, take him down the corso and throw rotten fruit at him.

oh we clocked off but last week when Foran fed the Big O early... he had a whale of a game... DCE does not play early... he needs to run the footy but at times like tonight he ran it way too much and didn't give O early ball.... very reminiscent of Schuster last week who did exactly the same thing. He certainly didn't take the reigns when we needed in that last 7 minutes and steer us home and a couple of his early 40/20 kicks were not close they looked like he was just kicking early and straight down their throats. He really stifled that right side attack tonight.

The only way to get DCE to give early ball would be to play him as our dummyhalf. Of course there is no way that would ever happen. However, if he is going to continue to stifle our right side attack, Des needs to consider changing his current role up. DCE spending more time at dummyhalf, and letting Foran play the game manager role, could have changed the outcome tonight. Crokers game management role tonight should not be downplayed either. Schusters role tonight was also extremely questionable.

I don’t want to rain on your parade as you’ve gone to a lot of effort,but Robson scored about a metre to the left of the left upright
Point is not where he scored, it’s where he received the pass/got involved in the play, which is well before the grounding location and closer towards Nanai. Even a metre is still under 10m total transversely from where Nanai caught the ball. I guess my point was that it had to have been a definitive 10m to overturn a ‘no try’ call. i.e catches the ball on the 30m line and passes to the player 10m out from the try line (clearly made 20m before passing).

Guess it doesn’t matter now anyway

I will say this yet again.

The use of our bench? Does anyone understand it?

I guess the HIA's played a part.

Schuster is a playmaker and brought into the match late in the match when all we needed was a defender.

I wish they flogged us...theres nothing worse than a good choke ..

I said to old mate sitting next to me with 15 mins to go...The Cows will start playing helter skelter footy now, and we can't defend that...he was like...no we have this one....at the 75th minute i have him and myself an uppercut..

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 26
Cowboys: 28

289007000_10159836750245993_4130593005891516225_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers: TBA

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Holy Cow! Three-minute try blitz breaks Manly’s hearts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only way to get DCE to give early ball would be to play him as our dummyhalf. Of course there is no way that would ever happen. However, if he is going to continue to stifle our right side attack, Des needs to consider changing his current role up. DCE spending more time at dummyhalf, and letting Foran play the game manager role, would have changed the outcome tonight. Crokers game management role tonight should not be downplayed either. Schusters role tonight was also extremely questionable.

Yep schuster seems to have trouble getting into the game when coming off the bench. He needs to start in the back row and get fit.

Segyaro to 9 and Froggie to 7?
Yep, I’d be happy to see that given a go, only downside is Froggy killed it in the 9 tonight, still couldn‘t help notice the Cows ruck speed late in the game when Granville and Robson were both working from DH and even through Froggy had a blinder, could help notice how gassed he was, still think we need 2 9’s to compete with the better sides.

I'm looking forward to the day we see the back of Cherry. You'd expect more composure from the highest paid player in the game.
This. He’s been at the club a very long time and done plenty of good things and won us some games. However, if there was ever a player that just goes thru the motions to collect his check every week, regardless of the result, it’s him.
Twice now we’ve had the choice of keeping Foran or DCE and both times we’ve let Foran go. It was a mistake the first time as well. The sooner we can move on from him the better.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8