Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 4, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yay

pfudor-on-rainbow.gif

sheesh, I didn't get the margin correct in the tipping comp.

I stupidly thought the dogs would score a couple!

"Be Manly, don't be a dog!"

I think a special mention has to go to whoever is managing our defensive structures and technique. Remember we had that overrated Seibold idiot who was absolute rubbish.. this year we are numbering up, lots of talk out there and line speed is getting better week to week. Ive watched yesterdays game twice lol and another thing i noticed was quite a few of the boys are pulling off classic Jakey tackles around the legs...Myles pulled off a few, Winterstein also... our skills are improving, our cohesion is improving and the attitude and team spirit is growing. Positive signs for mine

I think Jorge had a bit of grass in his mouth.

Another thing that was really pleasing was after the last try the slow manly chant was going and on the field was Uate raising and lowering his arms like a conductor to keep us in time.

To me that says it all - he is happy and in a good head space, we know he has what it takes
Love the slow Manly chant .... back in the 70's there were several times when it became like duelling choruses, first the hill then an echo or response from the stand. Great stuff

Did anyone else pick up DCE's quick sly shot in the post match interview?

He was being asked about Klemmer's slap and replied with 'he was just trying to get his hands on the ball, they struggled to do that all day.'

Someone just drove past our house in Curl Curl with Eagle Rock blasting out loud! Was that you?

Just a quick comment on the u/20's NYC : disappointed in the performance ; too much drop ball . Tom Wright is played on the wrong side . Wright should be playing on the right side

Just a quick comment on the u/20's NYC : disappointed in the performance ; too much drop ball . Tom Wright is played on the wrong side . Wright should be playing on the right side
I think his mentors are trying to expedite his rugby league education. If it's true that he is seen as a candidate for 5/8 down the track he will need to master the left because DCE isn't going anywhere.

He's heavily marked and tends to get hammered. Needs to improve his defence from the little I've seen.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6