Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 23, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Simonmyers11

First Grader
That was hard to watch. seriously dogs have nothing. They rely on lying in the ruck and being offside defending their own line.

We had plenty of chances to score down the left, and really should of scored 2 or 3 tries tonight down there.

Again, its going to be up to DCE as lyon not offering much down the right side in attack. Dogs are crap, cant believe we are losing, just need a little better punch and quicker play the mores in the attacking zone and there are plenty of points.

Get starling off now, stifling the attack 10m out.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Needed to pass to Darcey and he would have been over instead of dummying and going himself, and who kicks for a restart with 40 secs left on the clock?
Plus Api favours his left side, so the defense knows that they will only have to defend that side in his dummy half plays :cool:

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Api has been very good tonight with plenty of good hard hitting tackles and a nice kick there at the end. Tom can't play next week his ankle is too much for him too handle he I struggling but still on o our best. Jake robbed twice tonight poor kid he has been good also.
Agree with you re Api, but I think you're showing some bias towards the Turbos. Tom carried on from his poor second half last week, though I'd be willing to say it's due to his injury getting to a point of interfering with his ability to play. But certainly NOT one of our best tonight. Jake has been poor with a bombed try, which is where our momentum died, and he then let his frustrations overwhelm him and the attitude fell off.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Lussick quiet only running 115m, just above the 100m tick in the box for a game

oh wait it's half time

and they are now dribbling on about how good Morris is headbutting a ball forward "not playing at it"

Clear to see the NRL/9 ratings team have their agenda sorted

Turbo

Bencher
Needed to pass to Darcey and he would have been over instead of dummying and going himself, and who kicks for a restart with 40 secs left on the clock?
He had 3 players going for the try! It's was a great play better than anything Lyon has produced tonight.

Enigma

Reserve Grader
If the wingers would stand as deep as hell close to the line and charge onto it the long pass is on and a try is possible. I hate with a passion wingers hitting the ball at half pace, it's ridiculous. It also will enable DCE to clear the spoilers.

Turbo

Bencher
Agree with you re Api, but I think you're showing some bias towards the Turbos. Tom carried on from his poor second half last week, though I'd be willing to say it's due to his injury getting to a point of interfering with his ability to play. But certainly NOT one of our best tonight. Jake has been poor with a bombed try, which is where our momentum died, and he then let his frustrations overwhelm him and the attitude fell off.
Bombed try? He scored that but we all forget the game is played in slow mo

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lol
Watching this game live
We should be up by 12 at the least.
The dogs are playing poorly.
As I said earlier watch dogs will score 1st and our heads drop
Dogs by a big margin

double hoops

First Grader
It sums up how bad we are going this year. We are beating ourselves. We were the better team that half and we still don't deserve to be in front on the score board.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I know there was some optimism on here this week , about this game, but really this is team 4 v team 11 ( who will become 12th or 13th by round 26), I wasn't expecting much else really.

I've done with all the stressing , our years shot the boys are trying but we just aren't top 8 material.

Life goes on!!

Dogs are pretenders Mark. They have no chance of winning the comp. They scored 2 lucky tries tonight and we really should of scored more. jake should of had 2 and dce needed to give a better final pass on a few occasions and we score 2 more.

I thought parra were tougher opposition last week

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Jorges dumb face slap penalty gives them possession in our half that leads to a try .... more dumb penalties, sloppy play the balls, mot paying attention and nearly getting our pants pulled down from quick taps ... all basic stuff

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I think the team is playing quite well. One arsey try to dogs. The other very soft and frustrating.
Defence has been pretty good but I can see them getting worn down by the big dogs. Dogs are getting away with plenty too.
I have no idea why we are trying to barge the try line against those big players? Like everyone has mentioned our attack is predictable and doesn't ask any questions.
I think Barrett will gain experience from this year and get better over time but I'd also like to see some sort of attacking coach added to the roster for next year.
Tommy is not a well boy. Playing tentative. Body about to crack it seems.
Still in it for now.
Just play with heart boys.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Bombed try? He scored that but we all forget the game is played in slow mo
Look, I'm not gonna bother arguing about it. Even if it was a try and he was raped by the corrupt NRL powers to be and their puppets, I'm more critical of him losing his cool and going into whinge mentality. He is suppose to be a leader in this team and that was not a great choice as a leader to take. He needs to get back to the hard stuff and forget about decisions he doesn't like.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18