Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

31 6
4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're spot on @mickqld. I just rewatched/timed it and the Manly talk was less than 90 seconds (whereas many of them were over 4 mins.) Not only that, they didn't even bother showing our Predicted Finish like for most other teams. (Their predictions are a joke anyway...Dogs finish 15th?!)
Dogs 15th sounds about right to me. Dolphins, Dragons, Warriors will be down there too.

It always bothered me after 2021 when people kept saying we didnt have any wins against top 4 teams.
Agreed, we finished 4th, so it is incorrect to say we didn't beat any top four sides. However, the top three sides beat us emphatically on six occasions:

Storm 28-12 & 40-12 (finals)
Panthers 46-6 & 28-16
Rabbitohs 26-12 & 36-16 (finals)

Also, 5th placed Roosters beat us 46-4 in Rd One. We beat them 42-6 in the finals, but they were heavily decimated by injuries at that time.

We beat 6th placed Eels twice. On the first occasion they were in the top 4, but their form fell away during the season.

We had a good season in 2021, but realistically we couldn't match the top tier sides.

Agreed, we finished 4th, so it is incorrect to say we didn't beat any top four sides. However, the top three sides beat us emphatically on six occasions:

Storm 28-12 & 40-12 (finals)
Panthers 46-6 & 28-16
Rabbitohs 26-12 & 36-16 (finals)

Also, 5th placed Roosters beat us 46-4 in Rd One. We beat them 42-6 in the finals, but they were heavily decimated by injuries at that time.

We beat 6th placed Eels twice. On the first occasion they were in the top 4, but their form fell away during the season.

We had a good season in 2021, but realistically we couldn't match the top tier sides.
That's the past. New year, new leadership, new approach. I know we can score points from anywhere. The big ?? is has Flanno got our defense in order. His Gummies teams were tough defensively so I'm hoping we have that same edge.

That's the past. New year, new leadership, new approach. I know we can score points from anywhere. The big ?? is has Flanno got our defense in order. His Gummies teams were tough defensively so I'm hoping we have that same edge.
Trials are trials , but for the first half v Roosters when we were at “ full strength “ I thought that was the standout of the game.

Oh and the attack looked completely different as well.

****ing Des was stale.

Seibold is the defensive coach I hear

Dogs are going to be harder to beat than most people give them credit for even after there poor trial form.

after our trial form everyone is talking us and ( DCE+ croker+ turban)have had zero trials, and we are never good at being favourites

while I see winning like last year when we played them it will be a very close game, probably us by 8 is my tip.

Dogs are going to be harder to beat than most people give them credit for even after there poor trial form.

after our trial form everyone is talking us and ( DCE+ croker+ turban)have had zero trials, and we are never good at being favourites

while I see winning like last year when we played them it will be a very close game, probably us by 8 is my tip.
Absolutely, not a gimme in any way.

Even though both sides are yet to be selected, I suspect our side has more points scoring potential (still, beware the 🦊)

Maybe the best result to set up the season would be a hard fought win with no injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11