Game Day: Manly v Broncos [Round 9, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
What are your thoughts on The Magic Puddings performance?

Suli has been better lately.

Want to see this one polished. Origin? Australia? World All Stars?

Come onnnn @Sheikheagle , give me more than a dummy spit. Please, I'd love to hear your appraisal of Boyle's performances in 1st grade ?

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cant fault the effort. Tried hard,but ran out of troops. Simple as that.

In hindsight, I would have loved to have seen Cust given a crack. Elgey doesnt inspire me as the main (only) man.

AFB is probably our biggest out. He gives us so much go foward, for so long, for Api and Fainu to work off.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member

He wasn’t great but it’s pretty ordinary calling one of our players the Magic Pudding. As usual you shoot off your mouth when we have a loss .

Clivus00

Reserve Grader
Brisbane too much talent even with their record and they turned up. Proud of the boys. Barrett’s team last year would be 2-7 this year. Elliot needs to work on his positioning behind tryline though. Getting scored against from grubbers too easily.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Gutsy effort
This side would have resembled Blacktown with Jake, Kapow and Api added to the side if you seen it chosen pre season.
Some of the efforts from players who were out on their feet, playing out of position and playing to their full potential is a credit to Des and the teams determination in 2019.
This Boyle needs some aggression to match his size, I will be clear in saying if Paseka or even Perrett are available would prefer next game.
The first half half, the first Brisbane bust was through Boyle that lifted them, then produced a momentum killer tackle 2 hot on attack with a simple drop.
Anyways, on the positive great effort from a very depleted side.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly

Have to lol on the “magic pudding”! I would agree though, big body with no go. Is he that bad or is it a confidence issue?

joeboy

Bencher
Good effort under the circumstances. We need some players back though, what is a Miski and what does a Morgan Boyle do? We can’t afford a losing streak with the tightness of the ladder.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Come onnnn @Sheikheagle , give me more than a dummy spit. Please, I'd love to hear your appraisal of Boyle's performances in 1st grade ?

Not great tonight.
I thought he was trying too hard when he first came on, then got gassed really quick.
Needs a lot more fitness imo.

Ryan

Journey Man
He wasn’t great but it’s pretty ordinary calling one of our players the Magic Pudding. As usual you shoot off your mouth when we have a loss .
Quite a few agreed. Did they shoot too?

So he wasn't "great"? Does that mean he's been GOOD? Come.on, an assessment.

You haven't commented on my Suli's been good of late. Why?

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Very proud of our boys. Never gave up. We really missed the bustling runs of Tafua and Suli.
Des may have made a mistake (sacrilege I know) by not picking a half to partner Elgy.
Siro was awful and his normal defensive position was sorely missed :confused:

Jetski was our best. Had a handfull of great tackles and scored a try to boot :clap:

Good character builder game :p

Drags to lose and we stay in the Top 8 @:cool:

Fluffy

Journey Man
at least next week we have the sharks who are also missing plenty.

Helps even things out.

Really sucks as Brisbane are crap this year and love watching them lose

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cant fault the effort. Tried hard,but ran out of troops. Simple as that.

In hindsight, I would have loved to have seen Cust given a crack. Elgey doesnt inspire me as the main (only) man.

AFB is probably our biggest out. He gives us so much go foward, for so long, for Api and Fainu to work off.

I think Jorge would of been more than handy tonight out of dummy half.

He will be back next week.

Shoe1

Journey Man
This coverage is giving mythological status to the win by the broncos.

To anyone who knows rugby league it is a false dawn. Why even try to build it up into anything more than a scratchy win against a depleted opposition?

Slo-mo replays of everyone running to Darius. They are just desperate gimps licking up to a fading matinee idol. When the whips are cracking in September Darius is the last player I’d back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18