Pre-Game Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 32
Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Objectively, all indications are we will lose and by a decent margin too.

Jake is the mop. He cleans up all of the spills of his teammates. We're about to realise what a valuable player he really is.

The only saving grace is that it looked for sure and certain that the Scum would thump us and then we go and actually turn up. There's always the (remote) chance it'll happen again.

I won't be putting money on it though. I can't see our forwards matching it with their pack. Broncos by 22.

A positive :)

Turbo is due to return to his explosive best this week - if 2022 can be used as a gauge 🏃‍♂️

It was in Rd 10 v Eels last season that he regained top form after injury (my observation)

(However, we don't want a repeat of that 2 point loss & Turbo's season ending shoulder injury)

We need a siege mentality just like we did against the Storm where not many punters gave us a chance. We still have a formidable pack and we need to stamp our authority on the game from the off and we have the firepower to do it. We were off the boil against the Titans as were the Broncos against the rabbits so it’s game on. Agree, we are thin in the backs but with the return of Koula and Saab tackling like a second rower we have every chance. C’mon Manly, wear the badge with pride!
Hard to have a siege ,with no battering ram (Jake)

Probably the most suited run on forward line up , Bully going well enough , so much depending on Burbo and Woods to play above their previous levels . Sure that Lawton will be busy in whatever role for him If Turbo and Koula can get close to their best [ or in Turbo 's case at least 90 % ] will certainly make a difference . Naturally concerned whether Cooper Johns can at least manage some type of a functional role . Just going to have to get out of any comfort zone mindset , too big a responsibility there to not have a total commitment in attack and defence . Sure that Manly will start with enough intensity , just have to find a way to sustain it and offer something more imaginative with their attacking plays and surely not an excess of one outs to be easy pickings for the Broncs .

Probably the most suited run on forward line up , Bully going well enough , so much depending on Burbo and Woods to play above their previous levels . Sure that Lawton will be busy in whatever role for him If Turbo and Koula can get close to their best [ or in Turbo 's case at least 90 % ] will certainly make a difference . Naturally concerned whether Cooper Johns can at least manage some type of a functional role . Just going to have to get out of any comfort zone mindset , too big a responsibility there to not have a total commitment in attack and defence . Sure that Manly will start with enough intensity , just have to find a way to sustain it and offer something more imaginative with their attacking plays and surely not an excess of one outs to be easy pickings for the Broncs .
Biggest problem for us could be getting and maintaining good field position. DCE's kicking game could be our trump card, need to have them coming back from kicks directed into their corners. Present one straight line, hunt in pacts and force errors through rugged defence. Seib's gone for a more mobile look from the bench with Burbo, Bully and Lawton, could be a master stroke move. We need to apply ourselves for the full 80min, I hope we have the resolve to see this through the whole game.

Biggest problem for us could be getting and maintaining good field position. DCE's kicking game could be our trump card, need to have them coming back from kicks directed into their corners. Present one straight line, hunt in pacts and force errors through rugged defence. Seib's gone for a more mobile look from the bench with Burbo, Bully and Lawton, could be a master stroke move. We need to apply ourselves for the full 80min, I hope we have the resolve to see this through the whole game.
Nailed it there on the tactical side of things .. a lot easier taking the game to the opposition Showed it against the Storm in particular and Eels , so not as if the side as a whole can not produce that type of aggression and pressure even minus Jake . A lot has to go right with the general run of play too but sides with the real will to win and ability to compete well , [ which Manly 's line up still has ] somehow can influence this area too if they can hang in there for big minutes .

We're sure going to miss Jake but imagine him watching from the sidelines...I wouldn't like to be sitting next to him! It's a shame he can't be the waterboy, but hopefully he'll use his emotional voice to rev them up in the sheds.
Their going to have to put him on a restraining leash at the very least..lol.

Sheer fantasy to think Aloiai, Paseka and Keppie will come close to matching it with Haas, Carrigan, and Flegler. Jake was literally our only hope for this game in particular. Sometimes I think there is some sort of voodoo curse on Manly
Yeah but you forgot the power of Woody of the bench!

...Broncos forward Pat Carrigan, who was handed his NRL debut by Seibold, said he held the Manly mentor in high regard.

"He was great for me. A lot of young guys here, (including) Payne (Haas) and Flegy (Tom Flegler), he taught us what it takes to be first graders and the work ethic you need," Carrigan said.

"He gave us opportunity here. You shouldn't get punted just because of what happens in one year."

Carrigan said Seibold showed his quality as a coach by taking South Sydney to the preliminary final in 2018.

"It just didn't work here. He is a great fella, a great coach. Go ask the Manly boys what they think of him.

"He has got a Manly team he is doing wonders for. He can coach and they can play, and we are going to have to show up."

...Broncos forward Pat Carrigan, who was handed his NRL debut by Seibold, said he held the Manly mentor in high regard.
I do not understand this high regard Seibold mentor quote by Pat Carrigan
I question Carrigans footy standards and his passion for the club he plays for

Seibold took Carrington and his broncos team mates to the first ever wooden spoon in their clubs proud history

My question here is
How is being part of a team that disgraced their club with its first wooden spoon seen as a high regard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8