Pre-Game Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 32
Suncorp Stadium
05 May 2023 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concerned that we may be heading into even darker territory that the supposed bottom of the hole in 2022. Under Des there was no fights on the training park. Under des the owner was kept at arms length. Under des we had 2 excellent seasons and 2 poor.
There seems to be a lot of infighting and noise under the hood at the moment and I'm not sure seibold can reign it in.
What infighting?

Surely you aren't talking about the Schuster/Matto tussle

We need a siege mentality just like we did against the Storm where not many punters gave us a chance. We still have a formidable pack and we need to stamp our authority on the game from the off and we have the firepower to do it. We were off the boil against the Titans as were the Broncos against the rabbits so it’s game on. Agree, we are thin in the backs but with the return of Koula and Saab tackling like a second rower we have every chance. C’mon Manly, wear the badge with pride!
On the contrary ED, we are looking stronger in the backs tbh, but with Jake and Sipley out we're looking a bit weaker in the forwards. 100% we have to get on top in the forwards and stay on top for the whole game. If we can cunjure up the Storm game we will be hard to beat. When Souths got 2 try's up you could see panic in the Broncs camp, we jump out of the blocks early, anything can happen.

Weather perfect on Friday (of course) and get this...
Turbo Fullback
Koula centre
Saab wing
When we've had these 3 together* we've a 100% win record, can't wait to see them carve up again and shock the well-coached Broncos

* believe it or not it's only ever happened once! And it was a convincing Manly win - round 4, 2022: 25--6 over Raiders

So he had an off day, he wasn't alone there Bozo. Most on here would be relived to see Parkers name bob up yesterday, he's a proven defender and we're going to need him on Friday night.
Agree. However Parker has been down on form defensively this year. I think a big part of that has been having Tuilga, Johns and Schu playing inside him. He clearly has zero confidence in them imo.

Weather perfect on Friday (of course) and get this...
Turbo Fullback
Koula centre
Saab wing
When we've had these 3 together* we've a 100% win record, can't wait to see them carve up again and shock the well-coached Broncos

* believe it or not it's only ever happened once! And it was a convincing Manly win - round 4, 2022: 25--6 over Raiders
Weather wise up here it can’t be better! Lows of about 13 highs of about 25, not a cloud in the sky.

Agree. However Parker has been down on form defensively this year. I think a big part of that has been having Tuilga, Johns and Schu playing inside him. He clearly has zero confidence in them imo.
He usually doesn't have back to back bad defensive games, and with probably our best backline picked for some time, we shouldn't be lacking confidence.

On the contrary ED, we are looking stronger in the backs tbh, but with Jake and Sipley out we're looking a bit weaker in the forwards. 100% we have to get on top in the forwards and stay on top for the whole game. If we can cunjure up the Storm game we will be hard to beat. When Souths got 2 try's up you could see panic in the Broncs camp, we jump out of the blocks early, anything can happen.
Sheer fantasy to think Aloiai, Paseka and Keppie will come close to matching it with Haas, Carrigan, and Flegler. Jake was literally our only hope for this game in particular. Sometimes I think there is some sort of voodoo curse on Manly

Reading if we can produce an effort like we did against the Storm we have a chance, if we start well early the Broncos can feel the pressure, the Raiders did it etc etc

I think we are 100’s, the mountains too tall
Our forwards, it’s a miss match without Jake and Sips, their pack is at full strength with a fresh Hass
Our Half, Chez will be an easy target all night without a second play maker
Our home ground advantage is a ridiculous disadvantage
Our defence, if we aren’t on and moving up there’s the potential for a cricket score
5 returning from injury, has a question mark over match fitness
They will be stinging from last weeks capitulation
There at full strength, with Mam and Hass freshened
A dry track will suit their attack

Now, I’d love us to win, as someone already said it would be a win for the ages, just can’t see it happening, if we can stay in the game and keep the score line respectable I’d be happy enough, if we win, well it will be a bloody miracle, they have happened before, so here’s hoping.

Sheer fantasy to think Aloiai, Paseka and Keppie will come close to matching it with Haas, Carrigan, and Flegler. Jake was literally our only hope for this game in particular. Sometimes I think there is some sort of voodoo curse on Manly
yeah, on paper it's a bit of a miss match. We can only hope there're a bit off their game and we bring that Storm game with us to Suncorp on Friday night.

Winter in Brizvegas

And one of the reasons I moved up here.
I'm a bit ashamed to say that I'm heading up to Main Beach tomorrow for week and am not going to travel a little further for the game. I couldn't face the prospect of a packed Suncorp stadium and us getting flogged. Instead I'll be hiding away with my wife and a Manly supporting mate from up there, in my apartment. Shame!

Reading if we can produce an effort like we did against the Storm we have a chance, if we start well early the Broncos can feel the pressure, the Raiders did it etc etc

I think we are 100’s, the mountains too tall
Our forwards, it’s a miss match without Jake and Sips, their pack is at full strength with a fresh Hass
Our Half, Chez will be an easy target all night without a second play maker
Our home ground advantage is a ridiculous disadvantage
Our defence, if we aren’t on and moving up there’s the potential for a cricket score
5 returning from injury, has a question mark over match fitness
They will be stinging from last weeks capitulation
There at full strength, with Mam and Hass freshened
A dry track will suit their attack

Now, I’d love us to win, as someone already said it would be a win for the ages, just can’t see it happening, if we can stay in the game and keep the score line respectable I’d be happy enough, if we win, well it will be a bloody miracle, they have happened before, so here’s hoping.
You listed 8 items for us to fear, all very notable. Seib's should do a Des and get that siege mentality going in the boys heads, it's us or them. If we jump to an early lead, and it's a big if. Broncs may still have a bit of defeat residue leftover from the Souths game still in their heads...just sayin..

You listed 8 items for us to fear, all very notable. Seib's should do a Des and get that siege mentality going in the boys heads, it's us or them. If we jump to an early lead, and it's a big if. Broncs may still have a bit of defeat residue leftover from the Souths game still in their heads...just sayin..
Here’s hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8