Post-Game Discussion Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
0 Suncorp Stadium
13 May 2022 20:05
80th minute

Match Stats

You're comments on DCE are very apt, he's a great frontrunner when our forwards are bending the line, but when we're under pressure and going nowhere, he'll try to pull a rabbit out of the hat type of plays, and go for the hail marry 40/20's.
oh yes... he is terrible when we are on the back foot - he is soooo not a game manager/director. Why I really think Foran is better at half and Schu at 5/8 and DCE at hooker. Just my view. Foran will drive them around the field.

I’m defence, DCE always leaves his outside backs to dry. Ben is more like Jake than Turbo in attack. Parker 2.0, only without the strong tackling.

Definitely believe our loss on Friday was the worst one in Des' 2nd stint here. We had some bad ones in 2020 and in those opening rounds in 2021, but the club was in a bad position back then. We're in a much better position, with a much better roster. That was a disgraceful loss. We named our strongest side of the year for that game. And that's what we dish up. Very poor. At minimum a win on Friday against Parra can revert that ****housery.

Definitely believe our loss on Friday was the worst one in Des' 2nd stint here. We had some bad ones in 2020 and in those opening rounds in 2021, but the club was in a bad position back then. We're in a much better position, with a much better roster. That was a disgraceful loss. We named our strongest side of the year for that game. And that's what we dish up. Very poor. At minimum a win on Friday against Parra can revert that ****housery.
Agree considering the team we had out there it was ridiculously bad. They were inept in all areas.

Agree considering the team we had out there it was ridiculously bad. They were inept in all areas.
No way - they were sort of OK in the first half and if Turbo scores the game might have been different. The loss to Newcastle last year was the most insipid effort I have seen for a while. Totally lackluster and we had Tom playing from memory and fit!

No way - they were sort of OK in the first half and if Turbo scores the game might have been different. The loss to Newcastle last year was the most insipid effort I have seen for a while. Totally lackluster and we had Tom playing from memory and fit!
I see what you mean, Manly tried hard and it was only 8 nil until a few mins before half time. The Reynolds try was a killer. Then the costly errors in first 10 min of second half. It was stupidity and lack of attention to detail.

I have joined the view that we would be best served by DCE at hooker. DCE is making too many poor decisions at half back at present and running around in circles. He is a reasonable defender in close and he is less likely to race up out of the line leaving those outside of him exposed. He can kick forty twenties from dummy half. So I see nothing but pros. I would be playing Foran at half and Schuster at 5/8 putting Schuster on the same side of the field as the Big O.

I see what you mean, Manly tried hard and it was only 8 nil until a few mins before half time. The Reynolds try was a killer. Then the costly errors in first 10 min of second half. It was stupidity and lack of attention to detail.
Also the try assist for Cobbo by Walker was the icing on the cake.

I didn't watch the second half... I have a policy of not letting the blood pressure explode so the TV goes off lol. The Reynolds try and the Tom no try... just like the two bombed tries in the semi against Souths.. the penalty I think for Suli getting in the defensive line and the Tom dropped ball over the line killed us again on Friday night. Our errors compounded obviously in the first half and must have after half time. But to me the effort was there in the first 40... maybe not the smooth attack we would like but we didn't lack effort and that is with troops missing and an injured Tom at the back. So to me the first 40 wasn't all bad at all. The game against the Knights last year... that was just woeful stuff when we had enough ball to win 20 games AND a fit Tom played! I still think we struggle until we get a fit roster with Parker, Paseka (thewy could be weeks yet), Schu back and Tom healthy and if we can make the 8 which I am sure we can.... we can still give them all a run for their money.

I have joined the view that we would be best served by DCE at hooker. DCE is making too many poor decisions at half back at present and running around in circles. He is a reasonable defender in close and he is less likely to race up out of the line leaving those outside of him exposed. He can kick forty twenties from dummy half. So I see nothing but pros. I would be playing Foran at half and Schuster at 5/8 putting Schuster on the same side of the field as the Big O.
One more arse kicking could see this happen TE..

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6