Post-Game Discussion Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
0 Suncorp Stadium
13 May 2022 20:05
80th minute

Match Stats

We don't have the game to do that, we're too slow defensively and terribly disjointed in attack, both parra and the drizzle will smash us, our game is not for '22, it belongs 12 - 15 years ago, we're simply pedestrian
Probably would have been smashed then as well.

Dropped balls, constant penalties against and no energy in attack or defence is a recipe for defeat in any era.

One thing that all the top teams do is the hooker and the halves, bread and butter play, is they time a pass to a big bopper at full throttle who hits the line.

Our big boppers always seem to have to generate their own pace.

It's no wonder they rarely bend the line, and rarely get offloads playing like that.
Our big boppers (with the exception of Josh Aloiai) always seem to get the ball when they are standing still and with the opposition players about a couple of metres in front of them, hence why there is no chance that they would break the line.

Let’s move on, call Friday night an anomaly, it’s now ALL about the mindset for next game.

Most ( all I’d say ) top few clubs if they got a trouncing would come out the next game firing on all 8 cylinders.

As @WiseyEagle says ( I won’t pinch his line) “ we will know within the first 5 minutes “ of the game.

Let’s just hope it’s not all over in 2 seconds like Friday !

Let’s move on, call Friday night an anomaly, it’s now ALL about the mindset for next game.

Most ( all I’d say ) top few clubs if they got a trouncing would come out the next game firing on all 8 cylinders.

As @WiseyEagle says ( I won’t pinch his line) “ we will know within the first 5 minutes “ of the game.

Mark, I don't have copyright on that comment so use freely 🤣

Case in point - the Eels were trounced by the Cowboys the week before, then came out last week and beat the Panthers. (Will be interesting to see how they fare today after that.)

I know I'm dreaming but it'd be so good to beat the Eels on Friday after our abysmal game against the Broncs.

Case in point - the Eels were trounced by the Cowboys the week before, then came out last week and beat the Panthers. (Will be interesting to see how they fare today after that.)

I know I'm dreaming but it'd be so good to beat the Eels on Friday after our abysmal game against the Broncs.
Yep! You’re dreamin’

Just sayin’

Our big boppers (with the exception of Josh Aloiai) always seem to get the ball when they are standing still and with the opposition players about a couple of metres in front of them, hence why there is no chance that they would break the line.
Yeah! There was more aggression shown by some spectators in the stands than by the manly forwards!

Just sayin’

Any wonder, 12 errors..wow. Anyone ever notice that the NRL never list the 6 again stats, it's like a dirty little secret they don't want the fans to know about. They probably don't want the fans abuse....lol.
That is horrendous and many of those were momentum killers. Certainly the Tom dropped ball over the line was a 12 point turnaround. Just say he scores there - it is I think 8 - 6 at that stage and we get the ball back from the kick off. Now with all those errors... we probably drop it from the kick off but that was a huge turnaround.

That is horrendous and many of those were momentum killers. Certainly the Tom dropped ball over the line was a 12 point turnaround. Just say he scores there - it is I think 8 - 6 at that stage and we get the ball back from the kick off. Now with all those errors... we probably drop it from the kick off but that was a huge turnaround.
Yeah, every error is a momentum killer, and another incomplete set, 12 to be exact. But you're right the Tommy one was major turnaround.

We don't have the game to do that, we're too slow defensively and terribly disjointed in attack, both parra and the drizzle will smash us, our game is not for '22, it belongs 12 - 15 years ago, we're simply pedestrian
Maybe so ER, maybe there's no such thing as a perfect game anymore barring Panthers and Melb of course. Right now were in a log jam with 10 teams fighting it out for 6 places, that's the way I see it. Once we make the 8, then it's a case of rolling up our sleeves and seeing how far we can get.

Yeah, every error is a momentum killer, and another incomplete set, 12 to be exact. But you're right the Tommy one was major turnaround.
That just put us in a huge bind... I think Reynolds scored after that. Deja vu really with the Souths semi last year where Turbo dropped that ball over the line... again a HUGE turnaround. Our lack of discipline though and DCE's game management leave a lot to be desired and that combined with our struggle to bring it out of our own end - Koula not built for making metres - Tom not fit so not making metres out of our own end, Burbo on Fri night not making huge metres from our own end (first half - I only watched the first half) and that only leaves Garrick and Tippy to make yards and that really really makes it hard when we are making errors.

That just put us in a huge bind... I think Reynolds scored after that. Deja vu really with the Souths semi last year where Turbo dropped that ball over the line... again a HUGE turnaround. Our lack of discipline though and DCE's game management leave a lot to be desired and that combined with our struggle to bring it out of our own end - Koula not built for making metres - Tom not fit so not making metres out of our own end, Burbo on Fri night not making huge metres from our own end (first half - I only watched the first half) and that only leaves Garrick and Tippy to make yards and that really really makes it hard when we are making errors.
Koula has been doing well yardage wise in my opinion. Averaging over 100 m a game.

You're comments on DCE are very apt, he's a great frontrunner when our forwards are bending the line, but when we're under pressure and going nowhere, he'll try to pull a rabbit out of the hat type of plays, and go for the hail marry 40/20's.

Koula has been doing well yardage wise in my opinion. Averaging over 100 m a game.
Oh I mean taking the tough carries out of our own end - that is not his thing - Tippytoes makes real yard and so does Garrick and Parker when he was there but Koula doesn't have the body size to really make metres coming out of trouble. Koula isn't scared by any stretch but he doesn't have the size/technique to make yards in that situation.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8