Game Day: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Turbos accident

mJlmaMBc

https://twitter.com/NRLBunker/status/863354642150809600

We won't be challengers with Winterstein and Sironen. Sironen just doesn't have that killer instinct. Wish we had Gillett
This has been my concern all along. We use our centres and wingers to take pressure off of our props and whilst the wingers are capable, our centres aren't. We need a back rower that can take hard hit ups and be aggressive in defence.
Siro and Winterstein sometimes have good games but only on the back of others, they're total passengers.

It's games like these that DCE frustrates me. In the back half of that game you expect your marquee player, your captain, your chief playmaker to get in and try and win the game. Hardly sighted and there were whole sets when he didn't touch the ball. Not sure if he was working on his post game speech or what, but it's that lack of involvement that I find disappointing.

Still can't get over that rule. Can't tackle a player in the air... UNLESS IT BOUNCES?!! Are you kidding me!! Ridiculous, avoids the whole ****ing point.

Very disappointed we let go of the win again, although I think had that not occurred momentum wouldn't have swung so dramatically and we would've held on.

Good news is that the donkeys scored all easy and/or avoidable tries. Starting With the try that stunned us at the beginning of 2nd half, a stupid call changing momentum where Trbo dropped ball off kick and us letting the broncos pick up the ball after an error for a plain stupid try. The only legit try they scored was nothing more than a mere conselation try with our players looking like 90 yr old to round out the match.

That call was more than just bad because it let them score but because it let them score and completely change our attitude.

Hopefully we learn from our mistakes as we have done reasonably well this season so far

I really don't see this as a big loss at this stage of the comp anyway.We are still in the running for a top 6 spot.We need to hold on to the ball better especially Tom.He is a great player but needs to hold on to the ball to take him to the next level.Its our simple errors that is letting us down.I thought we defended well in the first half but never made Brisbane pay for their early mistakes.By late in the first half ,I had a fair idea that the second half was going to be a different game.The end result was disappointing but not a surprise.We are still in the running and I just hope that we can bounce back next week like a quality side should.I still am holding faith guys and we are due for a win at home surely.

Annoying to lose that match after leading for so much of it. I had this sense of dread early in the second half when the Broncos were getting away with everything around the ruck... that the refs were basically going to hand them the match. And lo and behold that's pretty much what happened.

Luckily so many of the top 8 sides lost this weekend, so it won't be super devastating to this year's campaign.

Realistically though, this is not a squad that can win a premiership. Too many second-string players in key positions and not enough depth.

He also had a team high 6 missed tackles (Api had 5)
True, but he has Walkz to depend on to catch his misses, whilst Api has support defenders of humongous sizes around him :nod:

Siro's big mistake was dropping the ball that Chez flicked him for a certain break :mad:

True, but he has Walkz to depend on to catch his misses, whilst Api has support defenders of humongous sizes around him :nod:

Siro's big mistake was dropping the ball that Chez flicked him for a certain break :mad:

You know, I'm still not sure that pass was actually meant for Sironen. It seemed that like Gillett's in the first half, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. With the type of pass DCE threw I think the intended receiver was Brian Kelly or Uate.

If the ball had gone to who DCE wanted it to (or if Sironen actually held onto it).....we score in the corner.

You know, I'm still not sure that pass was actually meant for Sironen. It seemed that like Gillett's in the first half, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. With the type of pass DCE threw I think the intended receiver was Brian Kelly or Uate.
It was Siro's to catch, they've done that a few times and Siro scored off it.:cool:

The investigation must commence into why Manly looked so exhausted after 20 minutes :think:

It's games like these that DCE frustrates me. In the back half of that game you expect your marquee player, your captain, your chief playmaker to get in and try and win the game. Hardly sighted and there were whole sets when he didn't touch the ball. Not sure if he was working on his post game speech or what, but it's that lack of involvement that I find disappointing.

I thought DCE had a very solid game, in that second half he was playing second receiver and was looking to run, but just wasn't getting the ball laid onto him at the right time when their were gaps down that right side.

He was also throwing plenty of long nice passes down that right side, but walker was carrying his shoulder and not running his hard usual self and Siro just wasn't running hard at all!!

Worst thing is the injuries to Tom and Walker going into next week. Hard to replace those 2.

I thought DCE had a very solid game, in that second half he was playing second receiver and was looking to run, but just wasn't getting the ball laid onto him at the right time when their were gaps down that right side.

He was also throwing plenty of long nice passes down that right side, but walker was carrying his shoulder and not running his hard usual self and Siro just wasn't running hard at all!!

Worst thing is the injuries to Tom and Walker going into next week. Hard to replace those 2.
Yeah, but as captain, shouldn't he be the one addressing that issue? Shouldn't a pro-active captain/champion be stepping in and at least having a word to his first receiver about what's happening? Is this not the sort of thing we should expect from a million dollar marquee player, instead of sitting back and allowing the crap inside to continually unfold and use it as an excuse for your invisibility?

that one was a forward pass..............hopefully the payback won't be too onerous :eek:
that was posted at the 9 minute mark!

well the 'payback' did turn out to be onerous @:mad:

really 20% possession in the 2nd half and 3 fake tries to boot........(of course the fact our 3rd try was also fake will be trotted out as the 'it all evens out' BS fallacy.)

clearly the 'indigenous' round was also the 'great comeback' entertainment round, though I for one didn't feel in any way 'entertained'.

:flogger:

Siro's dropped ball on the third while attacking their line was the moment we lost the game. The guy has no intensity, no committment and no drive.

Can't wait to see a better player in that position.
This is a 1993 or 2005/06 type of season some good wins and some bad losses and a few quality players (in key positions - i.e. second row) short of a team that confidently challenge for the title.

This is a 1993 or 2005/06 type of season some good wins and some bad losses and a few quality players (in key positions - i.e. second row) short of a team that confidently challenge for the title.
Just home from Brisbane (don't laugh, I don't actually live in central Brisbane anymore) and still coming to grips with the loss (after that wonderful start).

A great weekend of catching up with some of my old MWTS crew, meeting one Silvertail ( thanks @qldeagle or is it @Qld Eagle ) that turned up at the Hotel LA, lots of beers (and I do mean lots), some chanting, some gloating at nearby Donkey fans AND then having to suck it up and receive it back in spades (and then some) for the whole of the second half.

Honestly, after 3 (or is it 4) years I think I'm over this ****, and may well miss further Brisbane games until we are more competitive.

Funnily enough I can go to a Titans game or a Cowboys game, lose, be disappointed BUT not as much as I do when we lose to those mother ****ing Donkeys and their dickhead supporters.

Like @COMMANDER I absolutely HATE the Broncos.....I hate the advantages they are given, I hate the fact they have a world class stadium and we have "Lottoland", I hate the way they go on when they win and as for "Lets go Bronco's" FMD how lame is that!!

For years Brookvale North was just that, now its an almost guaranteed loss, the field of dreams has become the field of tragedies.

I get that we are rebuilding, I'm not going to blame the coach, or the refs (although they were determined to get the Donks back into the game) or even the players.

I'm just sick and tired of being disappointed.

I might feel better tomorrow, then again I might not!!

Just home from Brisbane (don't laugh, I don't actually live in central Brisbane anymore) and still coming to grips with the loss (after that wonderful start).

A great weekend of catching up with some of my old MWTS crew, meeting one Silvertail ( thanks @qldeagle or is it @Qld Eagle ) that turned up at the Hotel LA, lots of beers (and I do mean lots), some chanting, some gloating at nearby Donkey fans AND then having to suck it up and receive it back in spades (and then some) for the whole of the second half.

Honestly, after 3 (or is it 4) years I think I'm over this ****, and may well miss further Brisbane games until we are more competitive.

Funnily enough I can go to a Titans game or a Cowboys game, lose, be disappointed BUT not as much as I do when we lose to those mother ****ing Donkeys and their dickhead supporters.

Like @COMMANDER I absolutely HATE the Broncos.....I hate the advantages they are given, I hate the fact they have a world class stadium and we have "Lottoland", I hate the way they go on when they win and as for "Lets go Bronco's" FMD how lame is that!!

For years Brookvale North was just that, now its an almost guaranteed loss, the field of dreams has become the field of tragedies.

I get that we are rebuilding, I'm not going to blame the coach, or the refs (although they were determined to get the Donks back into the game) or even the players.

I'm just sick and tired of being disappointed.

I might feel better tomorrow, then again I might not!!
Hi Mark, great to meet you at the LA Hotel. It's @qldeagle and we enjoyed the first 40 mins but after our guys were obviously playing like they were smokin cones at half time it was a complete switch of form for both teams. Anyway good to catch up with all things Manly before the game.

Hi Mark, great to meet you at the LA Hotel. It's @qldeagle and we enjoyed the first 40 mins but after our guys were obviously playing like they were smokin cones at half time it was a complete switch of form for both teams. Anyway good to catch up with all things Manly before the game.

Ditto mate, thanks for popping in.

Better luck next time ( we are going to get some ups and downs with this side so strap yourself in).

Cheers

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10