Game Day: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IF Tom is playing we'll probably see this:

T. Trbojevic, Wright, Lyon, Walker, Wiliame, Godinet, Cherry-Evans.

If Tom is also ruled out.....well thankfully I'm not the coach. But I hope Baz doesn't play Walker at fullback. 5/8 or centre yes, fullback no.

Despite whatever the outcome might be, it's a great move by the club to move this game. 55,000 people will be there, that's about 40,000 more than would be at Brookvale.

Guess the other problem is the club breaking even with 15000 @ Brookvale or making 350k moving the game. The result of the game would be the same regardless of where it is played.

Whilst I don't like games to be played away from Brookie the financial gain is too good to pass up. I think they get a guarantee of around $300k + they would share the gate with the Storm who are the other home team. If this allows us to play 10 games at brookie i think its worth it.

Whilst I don't like games to be played away from Brookie the financial gain is too good to pass up. I think they get a guarantee of around $300k + they would share the gate with the Storm who are the other home team. If this allows us to play 10 games at brookie i think its worth it.
Tried to upload a little vid on Twitter from @tonywebeck showing good turnout for fan event (i failed - @HappilyManly would succeed in the blink of an eye!). It's worth a look.

Tried to upload a little vid on Twitter from @tonywebeck showing good turnout for fan event (i failed - @HappilyManly would succeed in the blink of an eye!). It's worth a look.
https://twitter.com/TonyWebeck/status/730670336279085056

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Great halves battle at Suncorp
Wayne Cousins

Thu 12th May, 10:07PM

1463055114698.jpg

Competition - NRL Round 9 Teams - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v North Queensland Cowboys 30 April 2016 - Venue Brookval Oval - Photographer Shane Myers NRLPhotos

Manly half-back Daly Cherry-Evans is looking forward to another challenge against exciting Brisbane halves Anthony Milford and Ben Hunt.

The Broncos halves have been in fine form this season and are fighting Cherry-Evans for spots in the Queensland side just weeks out from the first State of Origin match.

“I had a personal test against Jonathan Thurston and Michael Morgan before the rep round. As a side and individually, I fell short,'' he said.

“I’m looking forward to another challenge against two up and coming halves, and talents at that.”

Queensland Coach Kevin Walters said earlier this week that Cherry-Evans was still very much in the mix for the Maroons squad, but the Manly number seven knows there is plenty of work ahead.

“It is always nice to hear those things. Being a harsh critic of my own game, I understand I need to play better football for Manly,’’ he said.

“We’re sitting at the bottom of the eight. For our standards, we feel as though we should be pressing a lot higher on the ladder.

“With them benchmarks being set, if I can play my role within the side and we can develop over the next couple of weeks, I am sure my football will speak for itself.”

The Sea Eagles have lost full-back Brett Stewart (hamstring) and centre Steve Matai (neck) after both were named on Tuesday.

Tom Trbojevic has travelled to Brisbane and will need to pass a fitness test to determine whether he returns from an ankle injury.

Cherry-Evans also said rugby league was the winner with more than 52,500 supporters set to enjoy the Brisbane Double Header at Suncorp Stadium.

“The fact it is sold out now, three of the top four sides are playing on Saturday night, (means) there is definitely a lot to be excited about,’’ he said.

“There are four teams that are going to be playing. I don’t think there will be too much of a one sided affair. The Broncos will have a fair contingency but I am quietly confident the Manly fans will turn out in numbers.

“It is going to be a fine spectacle on Saturday night for Queensland fans who are very passionate and love their rugby league.”

Suncorp Stadium has been a happy hunting ground in recent years for Cherry-Evans, who has won three of his five games against the Broncos there.

He has also scored four tries in those five games, including two in Manly’s 34-10 ‘home’ game win over Brisbane in the 2011 Double Header at Suncorp.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/05/12/great_halves_battle_.html

@Woodsie "I understand I need to play better football for Manly,’’ he said."

Yet you rip me for consistently saying that same thing?

No doubt the effort will be there as it has been all year but going from the team lists this could be quite ugly. The Broncos had their off game last round. They will be on their game Saturday.

No doubt the effort will be there as it has been all year but going from the team lists this could be quite ugly. The Broncos had their off game last round. They will be on their game Saturday.

This is a record on Fox, watch after you see the result (and miss entirely if we lose by 30+ which I think may be on the cards).

I dare say we will run out like this:

01: Tom T (wouldn't have travelled if he wasn't playing)
02. Wright
03. Walker
04. Lyon
05. Williame
06. Godinet
07. DCE
08. Myles
09. Parcell
10. Lussick
11. Symonds
12. Tapau
13. Jake T

14. Brown
15. Lawrence
16. Vave
17. AFB

IM HOPING FOR A DAMNED MIRACLE!!!

I dare say we will run out like this:

01: Tom T (wouldn't have travelled if he wasn't playing)
02. Wright
03. Walker
04. Lyon
05. Williame
06. Godinet
07. DCE
08. Myles
09. Parcell
10. Lussick
11. Symonds
12. Tapau
13. Jake T

14. Brown
15. Lawrence
16. Vave
17. AFB

IM HOPING FOR A DAMNED MIRACLE!!!

We will need one, and every single thing going our way.

We are a 50/50 proposition against teams say 6-16.

A 30% proposition against teams 3-4, and dare I say against the top 2 less than 10%.

It's doable, but every single thing has to go our way and something line a concussion taking out their halves ( head clash in the first 3 mins ).

Otherwise it's by how much, not by how!!

Also broncos have not lost a penalty so far this season and I don't see it changing on Saturday.

Good luck to the supporters on Saturday who are going to the double header , I hope the boys at least compete for the full 80 and not get a cricket score put on them.

Have faith people........Manly v Broncos last year 44 - 14! We had a weaker forward pack & yes we had DCE, Foran & Lyon play great games, however Broncos are basically the same team as this year yet we thrashed them! Tom T played that game also & was brilliant. I think our forwards will be on par with their pack.....it's the backs that are a concern. If they can get some cohesion we can win this game! In saying that everyone is writing us off but I have a feeling DCE, Walker, Taupau & Parcell will have a big influence tomorrow! The Broncos caught us off guard in the first match 2015 but we gave them a good hiding in the return match! I'm sounding positive because I believe we will win......

there will be 54,000 in the ground,sold out ages ago,i hope 50 thousand are disappointed by their teams performance,about the only omission is chicken wing blair.go the mighty eagles

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8