Manly star Jake Trbojevic reveals what a week looks now.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Manly star Jake Trbojevic is struggling with no footy.
The self-confessed footy head is watching most games being rerun on Fox League and almost all the midweek NRL shows.

He has taken to training alongside brother Tom using some of their dad’s old weights to keep fit.

SUNDAY
Tom and I played golf at Monash Golf Club (Narrabeen) with a couple of friends. It was the last time we could get a group of four in before the new restrictions came into play. I paired with Tom but it was a draw in match play, but I beat him in terms of individual scores. I’d played six rounds of golf in a week — hoping to get the handicap down.

MONDAY
Did some cardio training with Tom in the morning but waited to our brother Luke got home after work to do some weights at night. Dad had old weights in the house so we are using some of them.

They are so old, I couldn’t tell you how old they are. But they do the job. We got a few weights tom the Manly gym so it’s a bit of a mix and match. We have a watt-and-assault RPM bike plus a rower.

TUESDAY
We had a few phone calls with Daly Cherry-Evans today and we have had plenty the past couple of days. He is keeping us well informed about the RLPA’s negotiations with the NRL. Tom plays a heap of FIFA but I’m not really into that.

I’ve been sitting there watching so many footy highlights it’s not funny. Not my own games — I can’t watch myself play.

One thing I have watched, though, was The Test, about the Australian cricket team. I’ve seen it twice, it is that good.

WEDNESDAY
Some of the boys are starting to get a bit crazy staying indoors. There are plenty of funny messages flying around in the Manly Whatsapp group. It’s only early days but it’s probably going to get worse. I had a bit of treatment for my shoulder. I had it operated on in the off-season so it’s just staying on top of the injury.

THURSDAY
Our parents are starting to get sick of us. They can’t wait until we get out of the house and go back to training. Tom and I did a training session in the garage. But it’s killing me having no footy. Not only that we can’t play, but I watch all the games and all the shows normally. I watched on Fox the rivalry matches between the Roosters and Souths. At night I watched Matty Johns’ show.

FRIDAY
We have a running program that has been sent to us by the Sea Eagles. Because Tom and Ben (younger brother and fellow contracted Sea Eagle) live together, we can train together. We went for a run and then came home and played cards, with President generally our go-to game. Usually Friday Night Footy would be on in our house but instead it was a card night.

SATURDAY
Tom and I grabbed a quick hit of golf. Before we did that, we had a takeaway coffee from one of my mate’s cafes in Warriewood. When I got home, I took our two-year-old staffy Sherman for a walk. If I’m not watching footy on the television, I check out some golf highlights. I’ve been here before …

When you think about it, the turbos are well placed to keep footy fit. The 4 of them can train with each other.

THURSDAY
Our parents are starting to get sick of us. They can’t wait until we get out of the house and go back to training.

lol

I wonder if he has read the book on Des?
It might ingratiate him with the coach, but it doesn't sound like he reads much.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6