Manly Sign Lawton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Was thinking the same Robbo re writing off this year.

So, assuming contracts actually matter, what players contracts end this year and may make way in a 2022 rebuild?...

From Zero Tackle, off contract 2021:

Morgan Boyle, Lachlan Croker, Sione Fainu, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski, Brad Parker, Zac Saddler, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Dylan Walker

Link:

• Morgan Boyle should be gone - replaced by Sione Fainu
  • Lachlan Croker should be gone - we have Cade Cust
  • Keep Sione Fainu - as above
  • Tevita Funa should be gone - replaced by Christian Tuipulotu
  • Reuben Garrick should be gone - Saab & Tuipulotu long term wingers
  • Brad Parker should be gone - Walker / Suli / Harper present centres
  • Zac Saddler - upgraded to top 30 contract - two year extension ($77.5k per year)
  • Toafofoa Sipley - one year extension ($77.5k)
  • Curtis Sironen - IF Nathan Brown signed - should be released
  • Jorge Taufua should be gone - replaced by Saab
  • Dylan Walker - one year extension ($500k)

Last edited:
I guess I thought he was a terrible player. All nervous energy, passed too hard, a poor judge of when to run. Played like a headless chook.

Croker is terrible for different reasons. Too passive, no footwork.

Cust has more potential than both of them. Birt looks the goods.
Now lets get one thing straight.. Levi was bad! Just not as bad as these 2 will be imo. He could play decent minutes and was already part of the team. Buying an injured player is just stupid

Serious question, are the player salaries even equivalent to our cap? As per some unverified rumours, are we even spending the full cap?

Some seriously strange **** going on that we aren't privy to, if something like this turns out to be the case then maybe it's in the owners best interests to cut their loses and reopen negotiations with URM. I mean they seem passionate at the very least and have significant local area and community ties.

If the Penn's hearts just aren't in it anymore as seems to be the case from the outside looking in - I'd hate to see them hold our licence hostage in exchange for the alleged monetary relocation carrot that seemed to be on offer not all that long ago.

Now excuse me while I fashion a new tinfoil hat.

Full disclaimer: I do not dislike the Penn's and associated ownership consortium, we owe them dearly for their current and previous contributions and tireless efforts towards our club to date, past and present.

I hope he recovers soon (as do we all) and reading about Karl, he was highly rated and the warriors first choice hooker.

So if he gets back to that form, then that'd be great.

I understand everyone's frustration regarding Fainu and Lawton not being available while earning Manly $$$$ and I doubt Karl even reads silvertails so I dunno... just throwing in something nice....

It's my post, I paid for it and that's what you're getting.

* You can sponsor my posts and I can post w/e drivel you want. $10 a post, minimum 10 posts. I don't accept payment in chickens...anymore.

I think the owners "dont care" attitude is shining through.

Maybe the team can become a tidy tax write off if they run it into the ground. At least we must be close to that rock bottom point now.

I appears the signing of Hasler was the first step in this process.
Does anyone know if Scott Penn draws a wage from the club that is being taken out of the NRL grant money?

Lot of people bagging the signing,has it been confirmed by anyone that he is in the top 30?
Has anyone considered that the Warriors may be paying most of his freight and we are only paying him $62K for the rest of the year and designating him one of our two remaining development spot contracts?(would mean he could not play until later in the year anyway)
Not saying it is happening,but would make the signing more understandable and still keep our last spot in the 30 open.....
Anyhoooo,welcome to the Sea Eagles Karl...people will be cheering you on later when you can actually get on the field....(maybe)

The club finally understands that Fainu won't get off the charges in june/july/august and have signed Lawton to fill the gap while bringing Birt through while making do with what we have until he is fit to play.

You don't agree...I bet it's close to the money.
He is more an interchange player than outright dummy half,can play lock and second row too.(maybe better than 9)

• Morgan Boyle should be gone - replaced by Sione Fainu
  • Lachlan Croker should be gone - we have Cade Cust
  • Keep Sione Fainu - as above
  • Tevita Funa should be gone - replaced by Christian Tuipulotu
  • Reuben Garrick should be gone - Saab & Tuipulotu long term wingers
  • Brad Parker should be gone - Walker / Suli / Harper present centres
  • Zac Saddler - upgraded to top 30 contract - two year extension ($77.5k per year)
  • Toafofoa Sipley - one year extension ($77.5k)
  • Curtis Sironen - IF Nathan Brown signed - should be released
  • Jorge Taufua should be gone - replaced by Saab
  • Dylan Walker - one year extension ($500k)
I wouldn’t pay half a mil for Walker. No way in hell. In fact I’d let him go.

Did Birt play on the weekend?
Yes, he was the starting hooker for the Jersey Flegg team. He did look pretty good but to be honest, I was even more impressed with a guy named Jamie Lawler who came on as hooker with about 15-20 minutes to go and was very exciting to watch. Very quick and elusive out of dummy half with good service and tough defence too.

Yes, he was the starting hooker for the Jersey Flegg team. He did look pretty good but to be honest, I was even more impressed with a guy named Jamie Lawler who came on as hooker with about 15-20 minutes to go and was very exciting to watch. Very quick and elusive out of dummy half with good service and tough defence too.
Yes lawler 14# he had speed and challenged the ruck better than Birt, he was liken to Damien Cook similar build and could scoot. Birt has a bullet pass from dummy half though and that cost them a few times with forwardsdropping the ball in the wet

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8