Manly Sign Lawton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good player but injury prone.Plays tough. Seen a fair bit of him up here. He has a beautiful long pass on him both sides which instantly elevates him above Croker /Cust and would suit Tommy so much.

In combination with Fainu I like it a lot. But just seems strange having two hookers on books who can’t play. Looks like they’ve pegged this year as gone already( and who can argue with that after yesterday lol )Oh well , fingers crossed.

Last edited:
It does seem an odd signing and the timing is an admission that the club got it wrong about not having a recognised 9.

Pity that he will not be available for months. We need a 9 now!!

I rate him but have we written this year off already? Hookers look alright next year with Fainu back and Lawton.
Very strange to say the least!
Based on what I saw yesterday I'm convinced that we're in for one of our worst seasons in the almost seventy years of my supportership, (if that's a word) all I saw was a continuation of the same pathetic attack and defence we were confronted with last year, based on this sadly I believe our 75th anniversary will bring us our first wooden spoon, we have become a bigger embarrassment than the Northern Eagles, no heart at all :=(
I rate him but have we written this year off already? Hookers look alright next year with Fainu back and Lawton.

Was thinking the same Robbo re writing off this year.

So, assuming contracts actually matter, what players contracts end this year and may make way in a 2022 rebuild?...

From Zero Tackle, off contract 2021:

Morgan Boyle, Lachlan Croker, Sione Fainu, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski, Brad Parker, Zac Saddler, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Dylan Walker

Link:

So, assuming contracts actually matter, what players contracts end this year and may make way in a 2022 rebuild?...

Morgan Boyle, Lachlan Croker, Sione Fainu, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski, Brad Parker, Zac Saddler, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Dylan Walker

Link:
I wouldnt mind if NONE of them were re signed! If probably keep Funa, Saddler and Sione Fainu as cheapies but that's about it. Upgrade a few and we should still have a bit of coin to throw around.

1615688080470.png

Link:

If we could get replacements who want to come I’d be for ditching all those but you can bet most will be kept because they won’t be able to get anyone else.

Why would a club sign a player who is apparently out injured for the entire year? Hmmmm I would have thought that last spot could be extremely valuable.

I guess club could swap Fainu in the 30 with Lawton being a hooker, no fault stand down replacement, so not actually taking up a spot. But then Club has to pay that player as NRL won't. Could NZ be paying all his frieght to get him off there books?

But my understand is if we did go and fill that final spot, then Fainu is out of our 30 and can't play.

Wonder if someone is now changing their plea to guilty?

Yeah it's a , It is bloody hard to make any sense of this one.

If we could get replacements who want to come I’d be for ditching all those but you can bet most will be kept because they won’t be able to get anyone else.

Bugger all cap relief if your replacing 12 players. Would have to bring at least 6 or 7 up from juniors minimum to add any quality to the team

Hahaha, Just embarrassing. Our recruitment is a total sham, my dog would do a better job.

What’s next, extending DCE for another 11yrs?

Maybe he is the backup for if Fainu gets found guilty or trial delayed and they have a plan in the meantime.
We really need to throw money at Smith somehow who wants out and wants to be hooker. He solves so many issues - service out of hooker, mongrel in defence and line speed. He is the guy we need now.

Why would a club sign a player who is apparently out injured for the entire year? Hmmmm I would have thought that last spot could be extremely valuable.

I guess club could swap Fainu in the 30 with Lawton being a hooker, no fault stand down replacement, so not actually taking up a spot. But then Club has to pay that player as NRL won't. Could NZ be paying all his frieght to get him off there books?

But my understand is if we did go and fill that final spot, then Fainu is out of our 30 and can't play.

Wonder if someone is now changing their plea to guilty?

Yeah it's a , It is bloody hard to make any sense of this one.
I suspect we are getting Lawton for next to nothing ie warriors paying most of the contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7