Manly Sea Eagles SACK coach Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

mickqld said:
According to a D.T report Canturbury have had contract negotiations with Foran's manager yet it was denied in the Manly Daily. IF they have had talks then they have breached NRL conduct rules by negotiating without the clubs permission with a player under contract. The dogs could go for a row of ****houses if this can be proved. We may just have the last laugh in all this fiasco.

Are you seriuos !@#

Well then every club should be fined $1M and every player agent should get a life ban.

Also what defines "contract negotiations"

Wouldn't Gallop love hauling Des over the coals if he breached some NRL Guideline !?

Hope Kaspersky holds the view that 'All publicity is Good' :p

This is getting to be fun - the Saga of the Hare Kare Hasler.

Great Player,Coach but naive in the Corporate arena.

I have a feeling the board has been smarter than given credit in this situation, I don't believe the get out clauses can be activated in a breach of contract scenario.

No real use **** canning him any further-but God I used to cringe when they interviewed him. You never knew where he was gonna come from next-I think the Board felt the same way. Dessie the little Dictator!

Can't wait to see those fans we seen on ACA burn that flashy new stadium down after De$$ie and his sheep fail...thug losers

much like the brett case I will wait for the results of the investigation before making judgement. Either way you look at it this is a very bleak day

Des trust was broken when it was revealed this was a done deal long ago. Hard to believe any denials on who he has targetted after he laid such suspicious dealings initially. Still to be proven & innocent until this time, he has broken unwritten codes of honour either way.
Now comes the good part - Jimboy Dymock will feel Dessies feet in his shoes already & be looking over his shoulder as Des the control freak will find it tough coming from premiers to a crap side & playing 2nd fiddle after having the honour of leading the dominent side in the NRL. Though they pretend all is good out Belmore watch the 2nd half of the saga involving illegal player negotiations, Coaches having pi**ing comps & possable 2nd books.

Jonesyv2 said:
Jono said:
Maybe he will fit in perfectly at Belmore. Time will tell. Bring on the Bard meeting!!

What Instruments will the Bards be playing? and what Stories will be retold in a musical rendition?

I for one would love a bards rendition of the 78 Grandfinal + Replays

and minstrels cavorting in gay attire

Off with the old, on with the new.
Freddie Jones is right.
Finally, I agree with the board to rid Hasler.

To take personnel away from Manly is just wrong.
Des has lost my respect. He has blackened his name in our history.
And for what? Ego? No one is bigger than our great club.

I'm over this now. Let's move on. Anyone that joins him, I'll draw a BIG black line across their names in our books.

This whole situation is playing out like a sensationalised game of chess between Dessie and the board and I don't think the pawns will ever know the truth.
But...still Premiers!

Robbo said:
Well well, if it is proven that he breached his contract in this manner then he is a total Dog after all. You don't even need to delete this statement coz it's based on FACT!

Plenty of legs in this episode yet. Will be interesting to see what evidence the board has and if any player or support staff has tipped them off, this is the key. But it doesn't look good for Des.

Penn and the board would have some serious legal clout on hand who would have thoroughly checked over the situation and the loopholes

And if Des does go to the media and blab every 'little dark secret' about Manly then it will only reflect badly on him. The media esp the Daily Turdograph have been painting the Manly board as useless for months, they can't do much worse now.

Having Toovey as coach will breathe fresh life into the situation, we all know it was going to get ugly if Des continued on and this would have become untenable.

Just spoke to one of the NSW cup players outside the Leagues club at about 10pm tonight (he's the doorman) and had an interesting chat about the whole situation from an insider's perspective. His view was that the players should be alright with having Toovey there because of the respect that he has from the players and the fact that Geoff has been part of the fabric for so long.

niccipops said:
Mr Invisible you say you are a general rugby league supporter and that you feel sorry for us at the moment. This can't be true because you keep trying to tell us how crap our situation is and seem to be relishing in it.
The waters are murky at the moment but we are still the premiers.
Remember that.

You are perceptive Nicci.

Mr Invisible is clearly more intelligent and articulate than the average Dogs supporter. The only question is whether he is knowingly disingenuous or lacking in self-awareness and doesn't understand his own motivations.

Look past the fluff. Look past the proclamations of empathy. Look past his words to the substance of his actions. His agenda here is to spread and escalate discontent. He is here to undermine. He is here to create harm.

What goes around comes around. The harm he seeks to inflict on us he inflicts on himself.

That's respectfully incorrect Rex.

I'm just joe average discussing current issues at hand. Sure it may not be with maroon coloured glasses on, but maybe thats where the misconception about the agenda of my posts comes through.

I'm about on the fence as you get with this one.

I believe the Manly board are doing everything and anything to save their jobs at present, and if that means *bleep*canning a coach that is already leaving the club, so be it.

I believe that it is very strange not to have heard a word from Des yet.

I believe that Des is a very intelligent man, and would not stoop to the accusations made by The Daily Telegraph.

I believe that the Daily Telegraph is trying to milk the story as long as it can. If it was simply a matter of standing him down and him leaving the club, the stories end there. Add in accusations and there is at least another week of stirring the pot. As a Bulldogs supporter I know all too well how much BS the Daily Terrorgraph can make up about a club.

Manly need a cleanout from top to bottom. At the moment it's slowly getting there. Best thing for both Des and the club is simply to walk away from each other and let each individual make their own minds where they want to continue their career.

Rex said:
niccipops said:
Mr Invisible you say you are a general rugby league supporter and that you feel sorry for us at the moment. This can't be true because you keep trying to tell us how crap our situation is and seem to be relishing in it.
The waters are murky at the moment but we are still the premiers.
Remember that.

You are perceptive Nicci.

Mr Invisible is clearly more intelligent and articulate than the average Dogs supporter. The only question is whether he is knowingly disingenuous or lacking in self-awareness and doesn't understand his own motivations.

Look past the fluff. Look past the proclamations of empathy. Look past his words to the substance of his actions. His agenda here is to spread and escalate discontent. He is here to undermine. He is here to create harm.

What goes around comes around. The harm he seeks to inflict on us he inflicts on himself.

So what you trying to say is that he's wanker?

Then yes I agree

Mr Invisible, did you borrow your cloak from Harry Potter 'cause my daughter would really like to meet him?
And by the way, you can't be on the fence. You wouldn't be here if you were.

MrInvisible said:
That's respectfully incorrect Rex.

I'm just joe average discussing current issues at hand. Sure it may not be with maroon coloured glasses on, but maybe thats where the misconception about the agenda of my posts comes through.

I'm about on the fence as you get with this one.

I believe the Manly board are doing everything and anything to save their jobs at present, and if that means *bleep*canning a coach that is already leaving the club, so be it.

I believe that it is very strange not to have heard a word from Des yet.

I believe that Des is a very intelligent man, and would not stoop to the accusations made by The Daily Telegraph.

I believe that the Daily Telegraph is trying to milk the story as long as it can. If it was simply a matter of standing him down and him leaving the club, the stories end there. Add in accusations and there is at least another week of stirring the pot. As a Bulldogs supporter I know all too well how much BS the Daily Terrorgraph can make up about a club.

Manly need a cleanout from top to bottom. At the moment it's slowly getting there. Best thing for both Des and the club is simply to walk away from each other and let each individual make their own minds where they want to continue their career.
If they do prove that Hasler has been enticing players and staff to break their contracts, what will you say to that?

As bad as the Board have been... and most likely still are.

I still feel Desmond shares just as much fault.

I can understand if he wanted to go.. and leave it at that press release about the board etc. Now i dont believe it. Lyons comments before the GF.. was a slip.. and announced Des was leaving too early. He had decided before the grand final.

Since then, hes being trying to entice the squad and staff to go with him. HOW it all transpired is Des Haslers fault. WHY it happened.. is the boards fault.

In the end.. hes a cancer at the club and has to go. Board is making the right decision.. if they have found a loophole to sack him without pay.. Brilliant. Exactly what Des deserves. He probably wanted us to sack him and get paid off.. not go back to back.

If he is going to take players with him.. so be it.. we will replace those players.. and he wont be able to take more than a few.. and our squad is strong.. one or two losses.. we will be ok.

I am actually looking forward to next season under Geoff Toovey. I will be cheering for Manly as much as ever.. and i will also be cheering for the team against Des Haslers Bulldogs just as much.

Thanks for the great service and memories.. but just like you turned on us.. now that your blue and white. I hope you fail.

Bring on 2012! B2B!

glad a few more people are calling him out, i said much the same on page 9, but i think it went largely unnoticed.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2