Manly Sea Eagles SACK coach Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

Sorry I am just sad it has degenerated to this.

Des & the players won us 2 comps, and yet we seek his head on a platter.

I pity those that cant see the forest for the trees.

Manly will be here tomorrow Des or not, Foran or not.
Boards come and go - remember we support Manly !!!!!

Happy trails to you all.

mickqld said:
This just goes from bad to worse. This is not the way to deal with this the players are going to mutiny over this. We are going to lose several players because of this. Manly has become the laughing stock of the NRL I feel so ill. This is the blackest day in our history including the N.E merger.
None of this sounds any good for Manly but the players have legal binding contracts. Surely that counts.

It seems he has been actively trying to take his staff with him, why would he stop there? It seems only logical he would want to take a couple of key players that he deems valuable for his success at the dogs.

Have to wait until when Hasler faces the board and see what he has to say for himself, If the board prove he has breached contract, **** you Hasler, if they can't **** you board.

bob dylan said:
Really this is a sad day.

Have to agree with bob, and mickqld and psau14 above. This is nothing to be happy about. The way the whole thing has panned out makes me sick. The board has handled it disgracefully and Des hasn't handled it any better. It's no credit to any of them.

niccipops said:
mickqld said:
This just goes from bad to worse. This is not the way to deal with this the players are going to mutiny over this. We are going to lose several players because of this. Manly has become the laughing stock of the NRL I feel so ill. This is the blackest day in our history including the N.E merger.
None of this sounds any good for Manly but the players have legal binding contracts. Surely that counts.

Maybe get out clauses the only problem there Nicci. If they want to go then go. I want the players who want to play for the club to stay. Anyone that wants to follow Des can go.

Ceagle said:
MrInvisible said:
Dear oh dear oh dear..

Why don't you put the gun in his hand Manly board? Instead of explaining that it was their own stupid actions and tight arse negoation tactics that lead to Hasler being disgruntled in the first place, instead they are now trying to avoid paying him out by forcing him to resign.

If they sack him, they have to pay him out.
If they pay out his contract, they have to pay him out.
If Des resigns they don't have to pay him out.

Problem is, they've given the guy (who has no love loss for the club) the chance to let rip with both barrels if he wants.

Worst case scenario Manly sack him, big deal he's already leaving!

This single incident could really get ugly. If Des wanted to, he could potentially go straight to the media with every little dark secret, and every home truth that the Manly supporters are yet to hear because their board is all trying to save their jobs.

*shakes head*, this has played almost too well into Haslers hands, and how ugly it now gets squarely depends on how Hasler feels.
Yes, it is the boards fault for Des leaving, but trying to induce players and staff to break contract is what has made most fans filthy about him.

If Des just left, good on him, thanks for the memories, but to bring the club to it's knees is a disgrace.

This. This is why. Yes, it is all speculation and Des deserves to be heard but who says he is completely innocent in all of this? Why is everything coming out in the DT? This is why he has been given a chance to answer to the Board. Unlike Kevin Moore we will give Des a chance to talk to the board, not fire him straight away.

Beyond the supposed breaches we know that he is taking people with him.
How do you think Broncos fans would have felt if Bennett ripped half the Broncos team apart when he left to the Dragons? Pretty gutted. Bennett isn't a dog though and he only took Costigan and Boyd I think (correct me if I'm wrong). Des has basically admitted he can't do it on his own and has decided to act like a dog.

Maybe he will fit in perfectly at Belmore. Time will tell. Bring on the Bard meeting!!

This is without any shred of a doubt the ugliest , dirtiest and darkest period in Manly's history.

To even begin to explain how gutted I am , is near impossible .

To contemplate that a club legend , hero and inspiration to the masses of fans could be guilty of what is being reported is literally sickening .

I think today is the first step forward since the whole nonsense broke out .

A full report about to be on 10 pm fox sports news.

dowdz said:
niccipops said:
mickqld said:

Maybe get out clauses the only problem there Nicci. If they want to go then go. I want the players who want to play for the club to stay. Anyone that wants to follow Des can go.
Agree on that. It's hard to fathom what the hell has been going on. The sooner this is old news the better.

Is the board making the decisions the one that Peter Peters is now on?

Maybe he hasn't started his time yet.

It would be interesting if he stood down one of his best mates!

manlywarringah said:
Is the board making the decisions the one that Peter Peters is now on?

Maybe he hasn't started his time yet.

It would be interesting if he stood down one of his best mates!

Different board champ and also he hasnt started on the one he is on from what I know

Jono said:
Maybe he will fit in perfectly at Belmore. Time will tell. Bring on the Bard meeting!!

What Instruments will the Bards be playing? and what Stories will be retold in a musical rendition?

I for one would love a bards rendition of the 78 Grandfinal + Replays

I wouldn't even let Bob Reilly near an IRONING board, let alone a businesses one. Look at the people he surrounds himself with for support !

Bye bye De$pot Ha$ler.

Hopefully Foz will make the right decision, but if he goes, he goes. Someone else will come along, they always do.

Don't forget, at the end of 2009 De$pot was desperate to re-sign Matt Orford because he felt there were no other decent halfback alternatives. Orford went to Bradford anyway and low and behold we found not 1 but 2 young halfbacks who offered as much (in the case of Hodko) if not more (in the case of DCE) than a clapped out Orford.

Tooves will go good and the players will enjoy being able to breathe now they are free of De$pot's tyranny.

I am tipping the players (led by Choc) will be fiercely determined to prove it was the 17 blokes out on the field that won us the premiership, not the maniac in the box.

Best way to do that is to go back to back with a new coach and now they have that chance.

mickqld said:
The players have been largely kept in the dark and not really told anything about what is going on, that includes who was to be coaching them in 2012.

This whole scenario is as big a mess as that huge pileup on the British M5 recently.

as disfunctional as our board is they havent spoken up until now about all this surely will all their jobs on the line they would want to be very very certain and have the vital proof of our former coaches deception,

sad day indeed and both parties are to blame but we can start fresh everyone ! those who want to go please do so ,we want to start fresh now and move on from this

ASAP

MrInvisible said:
mickqld said:
The players have been largely kept in the dark and not really told anything about what is going on, that includes who was to be coaching them in 2012.

This whole scenario is as big a mess as that huge pileup on the British M5 recently.
That is true

tweet from Joe Gulavao after being asked what he thought of the matter

@joeygee78 to be honest,dnt even knw wats been happening??

MrInvisible said:
mickqld said:

Mr Invisible are you from Manly, the dogs or the DT? I just can't work out why you're on here.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2