Manly Sea Eagles SACK coach Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: HASLER SACKED

DES Hasler has been stood down by the Sea Eagles tonight over alleged serious breaches to his contract.

Hasler had intended to coach Manly for the 2012 season, despite signing with the Canterbury Bulldogs from 2013.

But a succession of defections from Brookvale to Belmore prompted Manly officials to stand down Hasler for allegedly inducing players to break their contracts.

He will be given a breach notice and given a chance to defend himself before the Manly board.

The Daily Telegraph revealed this morning that the Manly board would meet today to discuss Hasler’s future at the club.

Board members were locked in tense negotiations for more than six hours discussing Hasler's future.

Since Hasler shocked the NRL by announcing his defection to the Bulldogs, Manly’s recruitment manager Noel Cleal and video analyst Will Badel have signed with Canterbury.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-manly-sea-eagles-sack-coach-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226190580262

Kiwi Eagle said:
Can we have an edit to the topic title to make it accurate

done, 1st tweet I saw was that

so a player has basically dobbed on him, how else would they have known

RE: Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

With all the hype and hysteria around in the last month, I am not relieved with this in fact, I feel ill!

Typical of the DT, they reported Des Hasler Sacked, before updating there headline. talk about jumping the gun. Although they werent far from the truth this time around....

Fantastic decision. This gives us a chance to move forward. Obviously hope the players stay. Would be so good if they get none of them.

Hopefully now we can start to move forward. Like others have said, if players want to follow then go. I want players who want to play for the mighty Sea Eagles not for a coach

The only remaining issue would appear to be whether Des can force the club to sack him before the club can force him to resign.

Well.... that's an interesting move. By standing him down Toovey can take over as "interim coach" while the administration takes their time working out how to deal with this whole mess.

This action sounds like they've got some legal advise....There must be something in his contract about acting in the best interests of the club. If they've got evidence of him trying to coerce Manly staff to leave.... then he's not acting in the best interests of the club.

Stood down and made to fill the water bottles in the summer months till he gets sick of it and leaves

Leaving for a better offer is one thing, leaving and trying to tear the place apart is another!

I've lost respect for the guy. I am grateful for what he has achieved in the last 7 years or so for us but this is something that will never be forgiven.

The only sad part is that the bulldogs get what they wanted. Too bad we didn't make him waterboy for 2012!

Nah bugger him, make him clean the toilets at the leagues club.

Dear oh dear oh dear..

Why don't you put the gun in his hand Manly board? Instead of explaining that it was their own stupid actions and tight arse negoation tactics that lead to Hasler being disgruntled in the first place, instead they are now trying to avoid paying him out by forcing him to resign.

If they sack him, they have to pay him out.
If they pay out his contract, they have to pay him out.
If Des resigns they don't have to pay him out.

Problem is, they've given the guy (who has no love loss for the club) the chance to let rip with both barrels if he wants.

Worst case scenario Manly sack him, big deal he's already leaving!

This single incident could really get ugly. If Des wanted to, he could potentially go straight to the media with every little dark secret, and every home truth that the Manly supporters are yet to hear because their board is all trying to save their jobs.

*shakes head*, this has played almost too well into Haslers hands, and how ugly it now gets squarely depends on how Hasler feels.

You wonder if they can stand him down indefinitely...... Maybe he could serve out the rest of his contract period stood down. Without pay of course.

Interesting times ahead over the next few days, perhaps all these get out clauses may now not apply if there has been any breach of contract by Hasler. Smart move, it seems the board are not a useless as some would have us believe.

Another thing, there are always two sides to the story.

This is the "official" line from a board that is well documented to be on shaky ground and trying to save their own jobs.

Admit your own actions have damaged the club so people want your head, or blame the departing coach and make him out to be the bad guy.

Hmmmm..

Good to see a proactive decision by the board.

Just go Des.

Hello Toovs.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4