Manly Sea Eagles legends tell Anthony Watmough to stop disrespecting his old club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will be odd seeing him in parra gear.

It reminds me of that game when we played in the wolverine gear, couldn't get used to that even 80 min later.

Not justifying Chocs approach, no one could...but Choc always shoots himself in the foot, and I'm sure this was simply a heated and not well thought out spray and I will go one further and say that I am sure he isn't alone in not liking:

the board or
or the way he got treated during negotiations of his last contract - we've talked about loyalty here a lot. Loyalty is a 3 way street,

your way,
their way and
an objective eyes way.

This is another example of someone's contract where he was offered more money than the club that built and nurtured him and am sure he would have loved to be a single club man. KF and DCE are the next people to be valued higher than we are.

The negotiations continue.

Manly will prevail.

I wonder what our sponsors think of all of these negotiations and how much DCE and KF figure in their views on re signing their sponsorship contracts?

I have some strange mates that are bulldog or sharks fans who are annoyed that their sons follow Manly because of DCE !!!

Sponsors know the attraction these great guys have - they are more than just halves ....brand wise they are gold, if you ask me, so a bit of a false economy only looking at the dollars on the playing contracts. Sponsors will want their signatures IMHO.

• Yeah, I kinda feel the same way to be honest. Time will heal all wounds, and I think he will eventually find his way back to the nest post football. It'll all be water under the bridge one day and we'll remember his contributions to two premierships.

He is not overly smart and can shoot his mouth off, but he is one tough hombre, and wears his heart on his sleeve. I truly believe he didn't mean what he said in that interview, he thought he was promoting a grudge match for Friday night and it went horribly wrong. I am sure he is not a fan of Toovey, because Geoff would have told him where to stick his overly blunt opinions about things, but I don't think he genuinely hates the club, and after 12 years of service, I find myself not genuinely hating him.
+1

Can't ever knock him for his effort in our jersey.

Shame the way things ended.

Will be odd seeing him in parra gear.

It reminds me of that game when we played in the wolverine gear, couldn't get used to that even 80 min later.

Not justifying Chocs approach, no one could...but Choc always shoots himself in the foot, and I'm sure this was simply a heated and not well thought out spray and I will go one further and say that I am sure he isn't alone in not liking:

the board or
or the way he got treated during negotiations of his last contract - we've talked about loyalty here a lot. Loyalty is a 3 way street,

your way,
their way and
an objective eyes way.

This is another example of someone's contract where he was offered more money than the club that built and nurtured him and am sure he would have loved to be a single club man. KF and DCE are the next people to be valued higher than we are.

The negotiations continue.

Manly will prevail.

I wonder what our sponsors think of all of these negotiations and how much DCE and KF figure in their views on re signing their sponsorship contracts?

I have some strange mates that are bulldog or sharks fans who are annoyed that their sons follow Manly because of DCE !!!

Sponsors know the attraction these great guys have - they are more than just halves ....brand wise they are gold, if you ask me, so a bit of a false economy only looking at the dollars on the playing contracts. Sponsors will want their signatures IMHO.
You are spot on with the value of DCE to attracting fans, sponsors. Choc may not have liked him but he is very popular with fans . Even his media circus has upped his profile. He is highly beneficial to Manly attracting more new fans, members etc if he stays.

You are spot on with the value of DCE to attracting fans, sponsors. Choc may not have liked him but he is very popular with fans . Even his media circus has upped his profile. He is highly beneficial to Manly attracting more new fans, members etc if he stays.
I think he is too scripted and boring says all the right things in a smart confident manner obviously well spoken but somewhat bland.

His style of play may attract fans but not his personality, to me he is lacking something for sponsors to take advantage of.

Fair enough. He is very well spoken and I get what you are saying. I have met him though several times at club functions etc and have found him to be an absolute gentleman. My son and his mates love him as well. He will always stay back signing for the kids when everyone else is gone. I would hate to see him leave .

Wow, he can't win. Most people at other clubs say he is a credit to the game.

He has been selected at every level

He has won us more games for us than most people.

Almost won a Dally M

We can all,see from afar that he is respectful, hard working, sponsor friendly and talented but doesn't I get the benefit of the doubt (from afar) on having a personality because he takes his career seriously?

I reckon various officials at the club have been incredibly poor in supporting this young man. Yet does he come out and say this? No.

Hate on Daly, not this fan.

Fair enough. He is very well spoken and I get what you are saying. I have met him though several times at club functions etc and have found him to be an absolute gentleman. My son and his mates love him as well. He will always stay back signing for the kids when everyone else is gone. I would hate to see him leave .
All good

Almost won a Dally M

We can all,see from afar that he is respectful, hard working, sponsor friendly and talented but doesn't I get the benefit of the doubt (from afar) on having a personality because he takes his career seriously?

I reckon various officials at the club have been incredibly poor in supporting this young man. Yet does he come out and say this? No.

Don't get the "won us more games for us than most people" comment overstretching it a little.

Almost won a Dally M

Not hating (even though technically there are flaws in his game still lol) I just don't think he is a sponsors dream as everyone makes him out to be.

Just because someone is well spoken polite and says all the right things does not automatically draw sponsors to you but it does help.

His comments in relation to the negotiation process during his upgrade and also the current negotiations are not helping his "credit" to the game image along with attracting fans to Manly's games.

Saw him saying sorry for his comments on the news.

The good news is he looks about 10kg's heavier that he did at the end of last season. He's a porker! No way he's anywhere near fit.

He actually shot himself in the foot once.

He was hunting mushrooms.

lol, classic.

Hi guys, remember that 30 mins when we all complained abut choc for leaving and what a dill he was?

We've moved onto dce and maybe foz pretty quickly.

There's not a chance that parra will get 4 years out of choc. He is a great player but after 13 years of playing the way he does he won't last much longer IMO.

There's not a chance that parra will get 4 years out of choc. He is a great player but after 13 years of playing the way he does he won't last much longer IMO.

Well....they can always transfer him to the brains trust!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6