Manly Sea Eagle's $300k reason to move to Christchurch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That would be exciting for us kiwis, you guys will be surprised of how many Manly supporters are here in NZ.
Exciting for us too, gives me a great reason to spend a few days over there apart from the great scenery and fine wine!

I like it. Be awesome if they moved 2 home games back to back so you could stay a week and see both

Id much prefer they explore options to become viable than to keep doing the same old.

Suncorp was starting to piss about the fans anyway. Good riddence

I like it. Be awesome if they moved 2 home games back to back so you could stay a week and see both

Id much prefer they explore options to become viable than to keep doing the same old.

Suncorp was starting to piss about the fans anyway. Good riddence
2 games either side of a BYE would be ideal.

The players can come home for rehab, meanwhile Supporters can have a ski holiday in June. Help out NZ Tourism :nod:

2 games either side of a BYE would be ideal.

The players can come home for rehab, meanwhile Supporters can have a ski holiday in June. Help out NZ Tourism :nod:
You are a thinker HM...but imagine the NRL helping us out...bwa hahaha

The Penns are able to only move two games a season away from Brookvale under current arrangements. For them to be able to move any other games they have to get permission from the football club members who would have to vote on such a proposal.

My understanding is that the club gets paid handsomely with their existing agreements with the Queensland and WA State governments to move home games to Brisbane and Perth as we have seen over the last 2 seasons.

It is worrying that the owners are starting at a loss this season, that is not good for us. What needs to happen is a final decision on whether Brookvale oval is going to be redeveloped. This is the elephant in the room. Our team is handicapped by pretty much playing only 10 of our 24 games at our true home.

This is where the NRL are culpable. The innuendo and rumors of the betting scandal and now this salary cup investigation have harmed our brand and any opportunity to grow our club corporately, Their investigation needs to reach its conclusion ASAP.

Nailed it with that post!!

Could this be one step closer to the
  • South Island Sea Eagles, or
  • West Coast Sea Eagles, or
  • (Insert your own team)?

You beauty !! A Manly game 10mins from my house, never thought I'd see the day. Heard a rumour about this last year but nothing ever came of it

Normally get a good crowd, went to the game against Penrith last season and was having a chat to Peta Hikus parents. Penrith were meant to be coming for 5 years but bailed after 1

Isn't Christchurch earthquake central :eek:

Lancaster Park, previously known as Jade Stadium and AMI Stadium, was a sports stadium in Waltham, a suburb of Christchurchin New Zealand. The stadium was closed due to damage sustained in the February 2011 Christchurch earthquake.
Yes, i was there in Feb 2016 and was woken by a small quake at 4am.

Scared the cr@p out of me and the missus, flew out that arvo and never going back.

You beauty !! A Manly game 10mins from my house, never thought I'd see the day. Heard a rumour about this last year but nothing ever came of it

Normally get a good crowd, went to the game against Penrith last season and was having a chat to Peta Hikus parents. Penrith were meant to be coming for 5 years but bailed after 1

Party at KE's!!!!

7th Tackle

The Sea Eagles are set to move home games to Christchurch in a bid to boost their balance sheet.

We’ve been told the club is close to signing off on an agreement to play one game at AMI Stadium – most probably against the Warriors – in 2018.

Should that experiment be successful, their commitment could be extended to two fixtures in the coming seasons.

The key is guaranteed revenue – regardless of the crowd.

New Zealand venues offer a much more handsome deal than their counterparts in cities like Perth and Adelaide.

The Sea Eagles have played the Warriors in Perth for the past two seasons, but poor weather rendered the venture financially unsound because there was no guaranteed appearance fee.

Clubs who move home games to New Zealand can be guaranteed up to $300,000 per game – an attractive lure for Manly, whose private owners are staring down the barrel of a multi-million deficit this year.

This does not make sense, we take a home game to WA with no financial guarantee! The Penns may have some shortcomings but I very much doubt that they would even contemplate that, let alone sign a contract on that basis.

This does not make sense, we take a home game to WA with no financial guarantee! The Penns may have some shortcomings but I very much doubt that they would even contemplate that, let alone sign a contract on that basis.

I was still about when the first WA game was programmed, its guaranteed money for sure, NIB Stadium and WA Government.

And there's another year ( at least ) to run at Suncorp, so think this is someone dreaming to be honest.

And there I was wondering why I tore up my membership last week. Ah that's right! Can only make like three home games all season!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6