Manly Sea Eagle's $300k reason to move to Christchurch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Penns are able to only move two games a season away from Brookvale under current arrangements. For them to be able to move any other games they have to get permission from the football club members who would have to vote on such a proposal.

My understanding is that the club gets paid handsomely with their existing agreements with the Queensland and WA State governments to move home games to Brisbane and Perth as we have seen over the last 2 seasons.

It is worrying that the owners are starting at a loss this season, that is not good for us. What needs to happen is a final decision on whether Brookvale oval is going to be redeveloped. This is the elephant in the room. Our team is handicapped by pretty much playing only 10 of our 24 games at our true home.

This is where the NRL are culpable. The innuendo and rumors of the betting scandal and now this salary cup investigation have harmed our brand and any opportunity to grow our club corporately, Their investigation needs to reach its conclusion ASAP.
The NRL was not responsible for the betting scandal, you can put the blame squarely on the NSW Police/Crime Commission, who after thousands of hours of investigation found nothing except for some dubious TPA's from intercepted phone calls, which they reported to the NRL , these were not criminal offenses, but it did take some heat off the Police Force after failing to find any match fixing evidence, hence the current salary cap investigation.

I've asked everywhere at the club & no one has heard any rumour of this.

Well mate... it looks like you need better contacts at the club!

:giggle::eek:

About 3 times in the last 4 years I've been in Christchurch at the time when this game is scheduled to be played.

Not there this year and bang... 'Hey, Manly are playing just up the road from where you usually stay...lol @ ge ya sucker!' - which is just not nice!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8