Manly Player Ratings - Rd 4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The commitment of the forwards along with DCE and Tommy T.s brilliance have been winning the recent games. Defence has been outstanding as has conditioning. Elgey may improve but he looks as tentative as Croker did last year. There's a kid in U 20s who will next year make these two look like park footballers. Guess who and I don't mean Hopoate..obvious really. He's scored 9 tries in the teams 9 games and has had a hand in a large number of the 60 other tries the team has scored so far this year

The commitment of the forwards along with DCE and Tommy T.s brilliance have been winning the recent games. Defence has been outstanding as has conditioning. Elgey may improve but he looks as tentative as Croker did last year. There's a kid in U 20s who will next year make these two look like park footballers. Guess who and I don't mean Hopoate..obvious really. He's scored 9 tries in the teams 9 games and has had a hand in a large number of the 60 other tries the team has scored so far this year

Are you talking about Cade Cust??

I think you are referring to Josh Schuster, but he doesn't play in the Under 20s. He's in the Under 18s.
If it's not him then please enlighten me/us.

By the way @HoldenV8 a good summation again can’t fault you on many of those.

I’m still not convinced Parker is FG but he did try hard yesterday.

And I’m still not convinced Elgey is anywhere near his electric form at the Titans a few years ago but he’s improving each week and was “ fair “ yesterday.

It was however a great team effort yesterday as they all put in.

That was a gutsy win yesterday against a previously undefeated Souffs.

But anyway, here are my player ratings for the game.

Tom Trbojevic 7/10 - What can you say? Brilliant again until he pulled up lame.

Jorge Taufua 8/10 - Jorge caught 5/5 yesterday and ran the ball hard. Why can't it be like that all the time?

Brendan Elliot 7/10 - Did well at centre and was safe as the old Bank of England when forced back to fullback.

Brad Parker 7/10 - Dropped a couple of early balls, but was strong for the rest of the game. Needs to stop rushing out of the defensive line.

Reuben Garrick 7/10 - This kid is a keeper. Missed a tackle that led to a try, but was otherwise strong. And he showed that he does have the speed when he raced across in cover from the far wing. Would love to see him with the ball in open space and no one in front of him. Addo-Carr aside, I don't think many in the NRL would catch him.

Kane Elgey 7/10 - Got a lot more involved in attack yesterday, especially after Tom's injury. And his defence was 100% better than last week. Not sure why some were bagging his game yesterday because I thought he played well.

Daly Cherry Evans 9/10 - Myth? Not worth his salary? Not on your life. That's 5 times he has kicked a field goal in Golden Point, more than anyone else in history.

Addin Fonua-Blake 9/10 - Best prop in the game right now. The guy is an absolute beast.

Api Koroisau 6/10 - Passing from dummy half is still a big worry, but couldn't fault his defence and it was Api who gave the perfect dummy half pass to DCE for his winning field goal.

Martin Taupau 9/10 - Like his front row partner is killing it for running and post contact metres.

Joel Thompson 8/10 - The old bloke is going well right now isn't he.

Curtis Sironen 8/10 - Ran strongly and tackled well yesterday. He's also starting to offload more, something we missed last year without him.

Jake Trbojevic 10/10 - Our defence won that game yesterday and none were better than Jake. He was awesome.

Manase Fainu 8/10 - This kid isn't a star in the making, he IS a star.

Jack Gosiewski 8/10 - Playing mostly in the unfamiliar position of centre, Jack stood up yesterday. He's not a back, but he played like one with the added bonus of tackling like a back rower.

Corey Waddell 5/10 - Did OK until getting his head in the wrong position while trying to tackle Tom Burgess and went on a trip to Disneyland.

Toafofoa Sipley 7/10 - Sips played well yesterday. Nothing spectacular, just did his job and did it well.

Our defence won us that game yesterday. As The Moose would have said, no risk about it. We coughed up so much possession that Souffs should have put 50 on us.....at least. And in 2018 that more than likely would have happened. But even though we've had 2 losses in the 4 games played so far, and despite having largely the same playing roster as last year, its obvious that this is a totally different team under Des Hasler in 2019. We're not turning up our toes at the slightest show of fight from the opposition, we're keeping up the fight and yesterday tackled ourselves to almost exhaustion. It would have been so easy for us to drop our bundle when Tom went off, but we didn't. We showed a lot of heart to not only haul in Souffs lead, but go on to win the game.

Will we do it tough over the next month or so without Turbo? Probably, but if yesterday is any sort of a guide then write us off at your peril.

Love your summaries and ratings each week. Very thoughtful and always a good read.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7