Manly members not renewing - Rabbitohs on the verge of new membership record

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
There is a graph showing how many we have members we have signed up, we are at 6,548. Whilst we are not coming last on this figure, as a percentage of last year, we are in fact coming last at this rate.

Disappointing to see considering we are only a bit over 2 weeks away from round 1.

http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-on-the-verge-of-new-membership-record/tabid/10874/newsid/70789/default.aspx

"The strength of the South Sydney membership program only continues grow with the club sitting just a few hundred members away from setting a new record.

After the club held a previous best of 22,154 members at the completion of the 2012 season, the Rabbitohs now only need another 152 members to set a new record after already signing up 22,000 for their 2013 campaign.

The Rabbitohs aren’t the only club on track to set personal bests in the membership arena, with the Sharks already well above any previous totals for the club, and on track to turn Shark Stadium into a fortress of members in 2013."

I wonder why our membership is dropping and not growing?

We have a very successful club and our membership packages are good.

Not sure what else we can do to get more members.

2011 going into 2012 we were premiers. 2012 going into 13 there's the drugs in sport scandal hovering over teams including Manly. Maybe some former members are hesitant due to this?
Hopefully the club can run a successful membership drive in the upcoming weeks.

Souths have always had a strong membership.

We had a membership drive last year didn't we, which drove memberships.

Mabye once the season starts some people will sign up.

If i was the club, first game a brooky, i would be getting players walking around with a heap of ready to go membership packs trying to sign up members.

Eagles2nv said:
If i was the club, first game a brooky, i would be getting players walking around with a heap of ready to go membership packs trying to sign up members.

Wouldnt they be playing?

bones said:
Eagles2nv said:

Wouldnt they be playing?

No. They would be way to tired to run from all that training.

The Club might already do this but our local footy club gets a portable eftpos unit and takes it to games and functions to get players and supporters to join up/ pay memberships. It stops the old "sorry I don't have any cash on me" excuse.

I think Souths are better off in this department than us. Sorry Larissa I know you do a fine job but I think Souths are more proactive( i think youre probably not getting support fro above). Chuck in a decent ground to watch football at, bigger crowds and it becomes more attractive. I also have about a dozen caps from membership and purchasing but there has not been variation in the membership packs. Maybe a beanie or scarf instead of a cap. Coffee mug, mouse or mousepad for work. Manly stationery, pens, writing pads etc. Not just the same pass, lanyard, cap and stickers.

dowdz said:
I wonder why our membership is dropping and not growing?

We have a very successful club and our membership packages are good.

Not sure what else we can do to get more members.

I think the reason our membership is dropping is because even though we won a few premierships we haven't had a chance to celebrate them. Then I think fans got sick of the infighting at the front office through the media, the media death riding the club and on top of all that the dog sells his soul to greenturd. There you have it in a nutshell.

It would be interesting to see what the breakdown of our membership is, ie how many from the Sydney area, Country/Regional and Interstate, at least that may indicate what areas need to be promoted more.

when they put my kids up from $5 to $30 i say no thanks.

Given that they are 3 and 1 (and subsequently another 6 months old) i wasnt going to fork that out considering i cant get to games.

There are a few things to bear in mind when comparing membership results, simple graphs like the one the NRL shows are not always what they seem.

We are happy with where we are tracking so far, numbers are strong compared to this time last year and the year before. Also year on year comparative revenue is much higher.

Bear in mind 2 years ago we had 4000 Next Generation Members who did not pay. Last year we had 1500 of these Members. This year we have brought our prices to $30 which is the minimum allowable for children to be counted towards Club membership numbers. Remember Next Generation kids general admission membership has now been extended to all kids under 16 for every game at Brookie. That's just $3 a game! Even if you can't make it to every game it is a great way to get your kids involved with the club and support your team financially at the same time.

We cannot compare ourselves with any other club given the large proportion of general admission Members and our lack of reserved seating. Consequently our renewals are always later than most Clubs.

It should be said, the NRL will not be holding a race this year. If you are holding of to renew for this reason, don't wait!

Fro said:

Given that they are 3 and 1 (and subsequently another 6 months old) i wasnt going to fork that out considering i cant get to games.

Cost definitely plays a huge part. Like it or not memberships and tickets to the games are over priced.

MWSE said:
Fro said:

Cost definitely plays a huge part. Like it or not memberships and tickets to the games are over priced.

Overpriced compared to what though?
Other comparable events or what you feel it's worth to you?

Duff said:
MWSE said:
Fro said:

For what you get (standard of playing team aside). Combined with the beverage and food prices, it is quite overpriced.

Are you telling me you think the prices are reasonable?

I renewed weeks ago and still haven't received anything in the mail? What's the hold up if the demand is so low at the moment?

For comparative example:

Dragons GA Membership (much like our GA membership on the hill) - $150 Adult

Bulldogs Bluezone (at one end of the stadium) - $99

Tigers Bronze Membership (GA Seating to 8 games) - $165

Eels Swarm Membership (Close to half way) - $170

Sharks GA Membership - $190

MWSE said:
Duff said:
MWSE said:
Fro said:

For what you get (standard of playing team aside). Combined with the beverage and food prices, it is quite overpriced.

Yes.
When the cost to put the event on is taken into account. When the cost of other events you might attend is taken into account.
There's no point the club putting the games on at a (bigger) loss and going broke, again. What are we left with then?

We are supporters, are we not?
Food and drinks are a different bag. They are contractors.

Just because we cant afford something, does not mean it's overpriced.

Duff said:
MWSE said:
Duff said:
MWSE said:
Fro said:

Yes.
When the cost to put the event on is taken into account. When the cost of other events you might attend is taken into account.
There's no point the club putting the games on at a (bigger) loss and going broke, again. What are we left with then?

We are supporters, are we not?
Food and drinks are a different bag. They are contractors.

Just because we cant afford something, does not mean it's overpriced.

IMO price is what keeps people away. If I were to ask the passive manly fan whether they wanted to go to the game on any given match day, price would undoubtedly be an issue. The luxury of our sports unrivalled success on TV makes it easier to stay at home and watch it there.

However I think the club definitely took a step in the right direction allocating different prices to different games/nights that get played on.

Well people expect too much for nothing these days.
They download movies and music because they have no concept of what these things cost to make.
If the same is expected of football, then eventually it will die along with everything else, at least in the current form.

User pays baby, that's the world we live in. Everyone wants a free ride but will be looking for someone to blame when there's no entertainment left of any kind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7