Manly Jerseys you want to see in the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
There's something about the Puma's jersey I like - not sure what it is yet.

rugbyreuters1e.jpg

Replace the Blue with Maroon and bang it'd look good.

Make a great 9's Jersey

Combine this with a Aborigine, Bati, Cook Is, Maori, Samoa design and the old double hoops it'll look brillant.
imagesource.php

eagles2win said:
There's something about the Puma's jersey I like - not sure what it is yet.

rugbyreuters1e.jpg

Replace the Blue with Maroon and bang it'd look good.

Make a great 9's Jersey

Combine this with a Aborigine, Bati, Cook Is, Maori, Samoan design(picture is the Tongan jersey) and the old double hoops it'll look brillant for Indigenous Round ie a faded maroon with each hoop designed by each artist from each culture.
imagesource.php

Also want to see Manly as the first team in the NRL that does a St Patrick's day jersey Deep Green with either the double hoops or the chevron.
A big chunk of the world claim to have an Irish descendent so hopefully a lot will buy it.
I know Manly have done a Green jersey in the past but it'll look good.
The 2nd biggest league in the world does it the NBA.

HappilyManly said:
Nah,Manly need to get the double hoops of victory back ASAP :idea:

We have never won a Premiership with the chevron style :(

Just out of interest what did we wear in the 1946 junior grand final that helped get us in?

Maroon and White with grand final emblems for 2014,2015,2016,2017.....infinity.

1946 MWJRL jersey was all maroon with a white collar.
I cant add the Warringah Council Library Photo from this mobile version, but google it and the premiership photo is there.

Done:
http://www.photosau.com.au/warringah/scripts/ExtSearch.asp?SearchTerm=WAR47592

Also some great historic pictures:
http://trove.nla.gov.au/picture/result?q=manly+warringah+rugby++league&l-australian=y

For marketing purposes,the Sea Eagle was added to the original first grade jersey in 1947.

This person has a great collection of the past jersey images:
http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Manly-Warringah-Sea-Eagles-Jersey-Guide-V-1-1947-1967-/10000000000124419/g.html

To me the definitive Manly Jersey is the 1972 - maybe because of the inaugural win, but I think the design is balanced and looks styled even 40 years later :)

The bastardised chevron looks 'thrown together' in design to me :-/
It appears to be a canvas for the Sponsors Logos, more so than a representation of the MWDRLFC :(

I'm with Happily Manly, we should make the double hoops ours, the same way the Dragons have the Red V as theirs.
Smaller sponsorship on the front, like AFL do, & a bigger SeaEagles emblem.

Or how about Cranky Franky Stanton's outfit? Maybe that could inspire a jersey for special occasions like when we play in China?

No chevron till the 1947 inaugural first grade squad.

I updated my previous post on this thread with links to the photo archives.
One has a 'Mad Monday' photo from the forties :D

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Or how about Cranky Franky Stanton's outfit? Maybe that could inspire a jersey for special occasions like when we play in China?

*shakes fist* - damn you SER8. You beat me to it. How flash is Cranky's cardi!! ;)

eagles2win said:
Actually I love the plain white that the ball boy has - why that can't be used as alternate jersey is beyond me

Probably too plain for decent retail sales would be my guess.

I'm with you though! I wouldn't mind this late 1960s Manly as a home jersey, but once a sponsor goes on it that would probably ruin it. Great badge though!

1968a_NRL_Scanlens_Rugby_League_Series_02_Billy_Bradstreet_Manly_Warringah.jpg
http://www.footycards.com.au/1968a-nrl-scanlens-rugby-league-series-02-billy-bradstreet-manly-warringah.html

The Queensland SOO team stole the Manly jersey and simply added a few XXXXs because they couldn't spell Queensland.

Agree, Brissie kid, sponsorship would ruin it.
I wish they would tone down the sponsors name & give the jersey some integrity again.
They look like Billboard$.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4