Manly Jerseys you want to see in the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
True, as you wouldve seen, AFL have the small sponsor badge on the front, & NFL teams don't even wear it on their jerseys.
I know it's all about money,
but my point is,
I go for Manly, not the sponsor, which is all you see.

Love to see us back in the hoops. Something like this perhaps?

479346_300_Nike_Celtic_Home_Jersey_2012_2013_zm.jpg

Of course like most jersey designs it'd be ruined by having ugly sponsor logos stuck all over it, but it's nice to dream.

As a kid in the early 70's I whinged to my Dad about getting me a Manly jersey.
It cost him him $8.00, brand new!! All relative to his then wage. Mine was the Stone Age lace up style, & my younger bro' got a Cronulla jersey. I remember the emblems were HUGE.
Way bigger than now.
The 1st sponsorship I remember was the Roosters with City Ford, then the floodgates opened.

Wolfpack said:
Love to see us back in the hoops. Something like this perhaps?

479346_300_Nike_Celtic_Home_Jersey_2012_2013_zm.jpg

Of course like most jersey designs it'd be ruined by having ugly sponsor logos stuck all over it, but it's nice to dream.

Agree. I like the 2010 commemorative jersey.

But as long as we keep winning, I'll be smiling.

Sadly sponsorship is an integral part of running a footy side these days so logos all over the jersey we'll be here to stay

For our 70th year I'd love an original jersey from our inaugural team, even if it's just for round one. 70 years of pride and passion on the peninsula.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Sadly sponsorship is an integral part of running a footy side these days so logos all over the jersey we'll be here to stay

True Mark. Drove past Parramatta Stadium today.......or more correctly, Pirtek Stadium.

manlyfan76 said:
For our 70th year I'd love an original jersey from our inaugural team, even if it's just for round one. 70 years of pride and passion on the peninsula.

100%!!! Manly wore that in 1996 for one game at home to mark 50 seasons. We flogged Wests late in the season. Was still sponsored by Pepsi but it had the full white V same as 1947 as far as I can recall. All white shorts and full maroon socks, with white at the top I think. Unfortunately can't find any pics on the web of it.

I'd love to see the NRL do a cotton jersey round.
Remember the 100th game between Manly and Norths in '94 like that - both teams played with cotton jerseys.

Say against Parra

@Brissie Kid

Hey BK, thanks for posting that pic of Billy! I haven't seen that footy card before.

He's the reason why my Gran started supporting Manly in the '60s (she was good friends with Billy's Mum) :)

I want to see a new Manly jersey on me. I have my 2009 women's No.1 Snake jersey.
Four years is a long time between jerseys and I think I also need a Matai and a Watmough one. I love both those players and the numbers four and eleven bring me luck.
The club shop is pretty out of stock atm. I hope Santa is reading this as I've been good at times this year.
Go Manly! I hate the off season.

Is this our 2014 heritage jersey or away jersey? Didn't we play in this retro at Gosford a coiuple of seasons back?

SetWidth320-7MW4LJS1A-FRONT.JPG

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=9706349&postcount=557

Manly alternate... I assume it's heritage:

Brissie Kid said:
Is this our 2014 heritage jersey or away jersey? Didn't we play in this retro at Gosford a coiuple of seasons back?

SetWidth320-7MW4LJS1A-FRONT.JPG

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=9706349&postcount=557

Manly alternate... I assume it's heritage:
After the recent GF, I don't want to see any red, white & blue going on.
Strictly maroon & white will suffice.

Brissie Kid said:
I would be happy with this mid 1970s jersey and badge. The badge is flat cut like Souths rabbitoh.

52_17-08-2010_1814.jpg
http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/cms-club-history/quoting-sea-eagles.phps
[/quote]

What year was this? Some of the players I can't recognise.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (1975)
Back row (left to right): Mark Willoughby, Phil Lowe, Michael Waller, Tom Mooney,
Ray Branighan, Mal Reilly, Laurie Freier, Frank Stanton (coach).
Front row: Terry Randall, Max Krilich, Bob Fulton (c), Alan Thompson,
Steve Symonds, Graham Eadie. Sitting: C.F. Stanton (ballboy)
http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/cms-club-history/quoting-sea-eagles.phps

Thanks BK.
It's a funny photo of Mooney.
Who was the halfback in that team? Symonds? Don't recall him at all...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6