Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
I hope Des does sue the club. The people behind this crap need to be held accountable.

What I wouldn't give to have Max Delmege back...

Hasler threatens to sue Manly over rainbow jersey fiasco as preferred successor speaks out​

Des Hasler could be headed to the courtroom with the Manly Sea Eagles over the rainbow jersey fiasco that derailed the club’s season, as the embattled coach’s preferred successor expressed concerns over the instability at Brookvale.

Sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed to the Herald that Hasler is considering a $1m-plus lawsuit against the Sea Eagles for allegedly compromising his ability to fulfil his contractual obligations.

Under the terms of Hasler’s contract, a top-six finish in the NRL in 2022 would have guaranteed him a contract extension for the 2024 season.

Hasler, if he proceeds with legal proceedings against the Sea Eagles, will argue that Manly’s decision to launch a ‘pride’ jersey without the consent or blessing of the players and football department impeded his ability to reach the key performance indicators of his employment.
That’s ridiculous! Hasler would have zero chance of winning a case run on those grounds.

So while all this bulksh*t is playing out tell me who is in charge of strategic planning , future direction , strategic development. HUH !!!! Seriously is there any cu*t in this fu*king club that is concerned about the club's future instead of their own FU*KING AR*E !!!!

Hasler has the runs on the board, and the history to suggest that he has the job next season to see where that ends

Any other result is absolutely laughable

I won’t go elsewhere, but the investment won’t be as large.

Sometimes it would be nice to go back to the mid 90s when there wasn’t the internet and journos out there to create any little piece of drama they can, and you turned up and watched 80mins of your side without all the bull**** in the background that we have today
Doesn't he also have the hissy fit runs on the board?
What other coach has fallen out with his bosses at three jobs in a row?

Honestly don't know what to make of any of that Herald article, except that Des must have his lawyers on speed dial. Who would want to leak that kind of information? And for what reason? Is it Des himself, hoping for more leverage?

Interesting that Hannay has confirmed he's been approached and/or "anointed", but really, at this point, I'm sick of the lot of them - the owners, the coach and most of the players - and they can can all go and get ****ed.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me. Any club management with two brain cells to rub together between them would have seen it was a terrible idea.
Do we know who it was in Management that said "yes yes pick me pride jersey" i.e who was responsible ? The more all this plays out the more it looks like Des was deliberately blind sided by this and set up to fail ,to make it easier to get rid of him when the inevitable season failure played out. And after he dumped on the incompetents in ownership and management at the presser,,,that was the nail in the coffin for him, and here we are.
Now if he is suing his employer then he is gone anyway ,so we need a new coach , on top of that looks like Munster is staying with the Storm ,which probably puts DCE back in the frame at the Dolphins.(STs melt down material that one!! )
As for new coaches-- Flanno I could handle ,Seibold hmmm, maybe he has learned from his Bronco's time ,Josh Hannay maybe as an assistant to someone/Des ,not sure he is ready to take over a viper pit like Manly where under every blade of grass lurks a brown snake
Lost of pearl clutching and Interesting times ahead STs
As always Go Manly

This is Penn, taking the band aid off, a millimetre at a time. Just rip it off and be done with it. Hasler was only brought back as it was convenient, gave the Club good press and some direction from the Barrett years. Now, it seems that Penn has been waiting for a failure to get back at Hasler, 11 years in the making.
2023, not shaping up as a good one for us at the moment and gladly be proven wrong (again).

Penns, Fultons, Hasler, DCE. All their combined self interests have destroyed the fabric of what was once a powerful, feared club. The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles no longer strikes fear in the opposition. We're just a laughing stock joke now. Heart breaking to see this.

The owner may own the club but Des owns the team

From my observation Des is responsible for lifting his players and bringing the best out of his team with affective game plans team selections and affective motivation

Coaches either get their teams to excel expectations , meet expectations or fail expectations
And Des gets an "F" for failing expectations
Give any coach the injuries and internal issues we had in 2022 and it would be exactly the same.

This is Penn, taking the band aid off, a millimetre at a time. Just rip it off and be done with it. Hasler was only brought back as it was convenient, gave the Club good press and some direction from the Barrett years. Now, it seems that Penn has been waiting for a failure to get back at Hasler, 11 years in the making.
2023, not shaping up as a good one for us at the moment and gladly be proven wrong (again).
Valid argument however the same sentiment was being thrown about in 2020 after a tough campaign where we struggled badly. 2021 came about and after 4 losses to start the season the mob was ropeable. There were guys throwing themselves off buildings like itvwas the end of the world....

7 months later and we had made a preliminary final and had an excellent season most clubs can only dream of.

2023 can and will be the same if Des is still here.

And good luck with suing for derailing the season. He only had them in ninth going into that game and had five more games to prove what a great unifier of men he was.
He might have got the idea from the obstruction rule when the decoy goes outside shoulder. No realistic chance of making it but denied the opportunity to attempt :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8