Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
And if all Manly people were more proud and passionate and less stingy we would have 50000 members as well

But I agree with you we need to excel on the playing field
Yeah, that's right... it's the stingy Manly people at fault. :rolleyes: Sounds like the arrogance that pushes potential supporters away. People ask why should we give our heart and soul and we get back... because we should feel privileged to follow this B rate team run on a shoe string budget with no desire to engage fans... I've followed this team on the sniff of an oily rag for 4 decades. I'm over it and I really can't see any leadership or vision on any level that inspires me. The fact that you show more heart than anybody in coaching, playing or admin ranks just drives the message home.

Yeah, that's right... it's the stingy Manly people at fault. Sounds like the arrogance that pushes potential supporters away. People ask why should we give our heart and soul and we get back... because we should feel privileged to follow this B rate team run on a shoe string budget with no desire to engage fans... I've :rolleyes:followed this team on the sniff of an oily rag for 4 decades. I'm over it and I really can't see any leadership or vision on any level that inspires me. The fact that you show more heart than anybody in coaching, playing or admin ranks just drives the message home.
Nothing pushes potential passionate supporters away

The fact is ...
The Basket case over the years the Parra eels supporters who we have a LOL Parra thread on here endured wooden spoons for 14 years and that has not stopped them from showing heart for their club and continue to be one of the most passionate and highest in club membership numbers .

The fans are the spirit of the clubs and will always be @HK_Eagle . Without fans there are no clubs so keep up the spirit feathered friend

The current back to back premiership winning coach ? (Warriors, Panthers, Tigers)

Old man Bennett wouldn’t be far off that mark
Court proceedings? Nup. Didn't think so.
Des might have his mad professor schtick down pat but there's a bit of a vengeful viper in there. Bennett could well be in the same category, but with five more premierships.

Last edited:
It is clear that Hasler will not be at Manly next year. Threats of legal action confirm that Hasler is using that as his last roll of the dice. The anti Hasler brigade on here must be doing cart wheels. I am a rabid Manly fan and have been since 1973 but the ownership of Penn leaves me absolutely cold. As I have said many times on here I haven't and wont forgive Des for what happened last time. I was not on board with him coming back. I do however think he is a top quality coach. I also believe firmly that without the gay pride fiasco - we make the semis. I also have no doubt that the playing group is fractured and that Des is super stubborn to a fault with his selections and playing style. But to me the problems at Manly have only continued to bubble along for the last decade because of Penn. He will not invest in the Club like Politis does, he is stingy and he has fought with every leader of this club so far or picked dud CEO's/coaches. The club has been a shambles since he ejected Delmege from the ownership. I have no faith in what will happen next year with Siebold/Hannay whoever but Des will not be coaching in 2023.

It is clear that Hasler will not be at Manly next year. Threats of legal action confirm that Hasler is using that as his last roll of the dice. The anti Hasler brigade on here must be doing cart wheels. I am a rabid Manly fan and have been since 1973 but the ownership of Penn leaves me absolutely cold. As I have said many times on here I haven't and wont forgive Des for what happened last time. I was not on board with him coming back. I do however think he is a top quality coach. I also believe firmly that without the gay pride fiasco - we make the semis. I also have no doubt that the playing group is fractured and that Des is super stubborn to a fault with his selections and playing style. But to me the problems at Manly have only continued to bubble along for the last decade because of Penn. He will not invest in the Club like Politis does, he is stingy and he has fought with every leader of this club so far or picked dud CEO's/coaches. The club has been a shambles since he ejected Delmege from the ownership. I have no faith in what will happen next year with Siebold/Hannay whoever but Des will not be coaching in 2023.
What will be will be
And Manly will always be
Because of passionate Manly people like you @Brisbane Tragic

I really liked Seibold’s pregame analyses on the nrl site when he did them, very insightful and I found him a good communicator. Also at manly he wouldn’t be forced to wear a beige suit jacket.

I also rate Des, but he was very stubborn this year with his selections and tactics, and needs to change. He seems to be taking the same tactics into his dealings with management, which is no doubt a nightmare for all concerned.

For the record most of my family went off auto-renew due to the intolerant players boycotting the jersey. So manly is losing members for all sorts of reasons.

As a fan and member, it is so disappointing to be constantly reading about the feud between Des and the owner. We have become a laughing stock and it come down to these two not willing to compromise or agree on some sort of solution. Throughout all this, it is us the fan and members who suffer the most.

Maybe it is time to start a petition where we demand an outcome / resolution to this matter. I will still support the club and still renew my membership, but I am thinking about waiting until such time that we know who is going to coach us and who is going to be the assistant coach next year and beyond.

It must be hard for the owner, but they still get money from NRL and us members and what do we the fans /members get in return, not much lately and it is time we demand a change. What do you think folks?

For the record most of my family went off auto-renew due to the intolerant players boycotting the jersey. So manly is losing members for all sorts of reasons.
Next season for an Easter world peace promotion the club can have a crucifix on our Jersey and there should be no boycotting right ?
Wrong !

I support the mighty sea eagles and who over wears the jumper. I don't live in a time capsule locked in the past either. Des asking for an extension after the **** sandwich that was served up last year is the height of arrogance. The suggestion he doesn't have enough time to do what is needed is BS he has had 3 years and we have fallen a mile behind. He should done his job in 2023 as contractual required and tried to earn an extension instead of demanding one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4