Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Article also buried down the bottom there is another offer to buy the Sea Eagles, interesting that they used Perry to try and broker a deal

Good, seems to be sorted for now. If proszenko opted to focus on the bid that suggests to me that there is no other story to tell. Because the bid is old news and a bit of non-event because the club isn’t for sale.
I don't think this particular bid is old news.
And, if there's any way to get rid of Penn, I can live with keeping Dessie and his stranded player on the bench.

ok..Des will be coaching Manly in 23...tight arse Penn's not a big fan of early pay outs anyway, maybe Donny and Chad leaving, apart from a few staff departing, pretty much normal service I'd say.

I really shouldn't be surprised, given the lack of professionalism at every level of our club, but I'm still kind of staggered by the lack of a statement/media release/Tweet/comment of any kind after yesterday's summit meeting between Des, Des's Manager, Tony Mestrov and Penn. If you want to take control of the narrative and put an end to the endless commentary and speculation, you need to at least say… something, right?

Does it mean that nothing was achieved? Or maybe they're counting on the finals kicking off tonight and taking the heat off. Bound to be a refereeing howler or player atrocity to hold everyone's attention for a couple of days…

Dave Perry was an excellent CEO, had a lot to do with him , got shafted as he backed the wrong horse during the war.
He was. In more recent times he’s also been helping out North Sydney.

Of course Perry’s ultimate (Manly) fate was sealed when he sacked Zorba for his ‘imported via the 1966 time tunnel’ comment to a young female journalist in 2011.

From then on Peters corralled his allies like Rothfield (and maybe Ritchie) to keep referring to Perry as the ‘CEO with training wheels on’ in newspaper columns.

Funnily enough everyone has to start somewhere in their chosen profession/s. Including Zorba and Rothfield at some stage.

That obvious piece of logic apparently eluded them when they were attacking Perry.

I really shouldn't be surprised, given the lack of professionalism at every level of our club, but I'm still kind of staggered by the lack of a statement/media release/Tweet/comment of any kind after yesterday's summit meeting between Des, Des's Manager, Tony Mestrov and Penn. If you want to take control of the narrative and put an end to the endless commentary and speculation, you need to at least say… something, right?

Does it mean that nothing was achieved? Or maybe they're counting on the finals kicking off tonight and taking the heat off. Bound to be a refereeing howler or player atrocity to hold everyone's attention for a couple of days…
You would hope that something appears today. It shouldn’t take to long for Dwayne Sisters to draft something, get it approved and then published.

He was. In more recent times he’s also been helping out North Sydney.

Of course Perry’s ultimate (Manly) fate was sealed when he sacked Zorba for his ‘imported via the 1966 time tunnel’ comment to a young female journalist in 2011.

From then on Peters corralled his allies like Rothfield (and maybe Ritchie) to keep referring to Perry as the ‘CEO with training wheels on’ in newspaper columns.

Funnily enough everyone has to start somewhere in their chosen profession/s. Including Zorba and Rothfield at some stage.

That obvious piece of logic apparently eluded them when they were attacking Perry.
A real pity as he was a very sharp operator and took no **** !!

I'm loving it. 8 teams to write and talk about at the start of the semis and yet we get front and back pages. As it should be.
Got another 20 minutes coverage on NRL 360 last night. Arguing about stuff they can only guess on. This is of course the finals edition of 360. Imagine if we'd made the semis. Just pissing myself laughing.

This is Penn's brilliant idea of free publicity.

Dave Perry was an excellent CEO, had a lot to do with him , got shafted as he backed the wrong horse during the war.
It’s obviously a better move to have someone in your tent who knows the club and its issues well if you are looking to buy it. As a comparator the broncos have a market cap of $126m, versus a rumoured bid price of 20m for Manly.

Things have some way to play out. It’s Des vs Mr Fluffy, aka Custard Face:

I question the Clifford link given he was keen to head back to QLD because his partner and kid moved back there this year,hence why he had time off mid season

I question the Clifford link given he was keen to head back to QLD because his partner and kid moved back there this year,hence why he had time off mid season
I question what this means "Manly have been offered Newcastle No. 7 Jake Clifford as another halves option, are unlikely to take up the option as they seek insurance for Cherry-Evans and Schuster." ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4