Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
That stability that we so desperately need ,obviously needs a 2 year contract buffer.
Didn't he have that at the beginning of this season.
That stability worked FA this year.

The could make a movie about this.

Looks like Penn is the main culprit trying to play with the big boys on a budget that doesn't match.

I hope Des and the boys use this as motivation to stick it up the media and get into the grand final next season.
Then the media will all be out praising the club, coaching staff and players saying see we told you all along there was no problems in the club. We have been saying for years how great everything is at Manly.
Post super league thats always been our MO. Underfunded and us against the world.

We really shouldn't be called silvertails these days. More like rustybum.

Paul Kent was asking why does Des have to put a succession plan in place - des may want to coach for many years to come.

My understanding was that Des was keen on moving to a Football Manager role in the next couple of years. However I maybe wrong.
Correct. He wanted to move into an over watch/leadership role.

Understandable, because the owners/CRDO (Chief Revolving Door Officer) display little if any leadership.

Last edited:
Correct. He wanted to move into an over watch/leadership role.

Understandable, because the owners/CRO (Chief [latest in the] Rolodex Officer) display little if any leadership.

And remember these same dropkicks were reporting that as fact last week, that Des requested this 12 months ago but the club haven’t actioned it. Now the club are doing the dirty by actioning it haha

David Riccio on NRL360 tonight,slipped in a rumour that the Trbojevic’s “may” go if Des is shown the door as they are in his corner.So nothing new or any facts or quotes to back him up
Imagine the Trbojevic boys going. It would be unthinkable but the club could save plenty of coin especially since Turbo is always injuried and his pay rate is crippling the club. I hope DCE goes if Des goes since that's coin we didn't need to extend especially when you can get a young halve to do the job for alot less money.

Jesus the NRL "media" is so so predictable. Lets take a journey back to the last time we changed coaches

Brothers Tom and Jake Trbojevic were unwavering in their commitment to the club in limbo, as rumours circulated over a possible move away from the embattled side.

“I’m told the Trbojevic brothers are quite frustrated at the situation.

“They’ve relayed those concerns to the management of the club that they’re not happy with the treatment of Trent.

That stability that we so desperately need ,obviously needs a 2 year contract buffer.
Didn't he have that at the beginning of this season.
That stability worked FA this year.

Stability Perspective ...

The only thing that is sustainable in professional sport is WINNING

And when the Winning starts All the Whinging will stops

Last edited:
Jesus the NRL "media" is so so predictable. Lets take a journey back to the last time we changed coaches

Brothers Tom and Jake Trbojevic were unwavering in their commitment to the club in limbo, as rumours circulated over a possible move away from the embattled side.

“I’m told the Trbojevic brothers are quite frustrated at the situation.

“They’ve relayed those concerns to the management of the club that they’re not happy with the treatment of Trent.
What a complete load of bollocks all that was and is the same now. The Turbos are not charging into Manly HQ demanding answers and saying who should or shouldn't be coach. They're paid employees to do a job. They play football (well sometimes) and leave the management to run the operation. Fuking journos are so full of sh*t.

What a complete load of bollocks all that was and is the same now. The Turbos are not charging into Manly HQ demanding answers and saying who should or shouldn't be coach. They're paid employees to do a job. They play football (well sometimes) and leave the management to run the operation. Fuking journos are so full of sh*t.
What I respect about journos is that they turn up week in week out. I wish our players could take that aspect on.

When's Intermission? I'm losing the plot as much as the participants in this soap opera seem to have. I need a nice cup of tea, a Bex and a lie down. Maybe after the break some common sense will return to the story.

Careful mate, that could lead to severe gut curdling, and you could leak ooze for weeks.

2 days without another story on a , rift, crisis, sackings, players or coaches walking away, punch ups, senior players hating each other. WTF is going on. I can't stand this quiet.

2 days without another story on a , rift, crisis, sackings, players or coaches walking away, punch ups, senior players hating each other. WTF is going on. I can't stand this quiet.
I was just coming on to say the same thing , seriously you journos WTF are you doing ???

Maybe they’ll reignite it #nextweek

Quick we need to make something up to keep the fires burning 🔥. Been to any cafes lately?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8