Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
What an absolute Shiite show. And as per usual DCE the protected koala smack bang in the middle of it. Since day dot this guy has divided everyone in his wake, fans, players and everyone in between. Club killer, coach killer and does it all with a smarmy politician smile!

Des, thanks for your service. Time to go.

Turbo brothers, well we all love them. Bleed Manly, particularly Jake. But Both aren’t giving value for money. If they left I’d be disappointed but we would soon have other favourites to cheer for.

What all of us need to remember is that no player or coach is bigger than the club. I go for Manly, not the DCE FC club or team Turbo. And other players will always , always stand up. Just think of the quality we could sprinkle throughout the squad with 3.3 million…..

Just read the massive article about all the drama at the club.

So many leaks soo much for Mestrov keeping it all in house and no airing the clubs dirty laundry in public

Wouldn't be Mestrov mate (in my opinion). There would be many vocal people sharing their views with the media right now (Max Krillich as example). One third would be true. One third would be embellished (to fit an agenda). The last third complete B.S.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Manly + The Media now or even in the near future. My best suggestion is we all wait until something official comes out to discuss properly.

I think it'll die right off mate - the clubs not inspiring or providing hope, so most people will be investing their time in things that provide actual entertainment and positive endorphins. What's been spoken about, has been spoken about at this point.

Writing is on the wall for next season.
Yeah think you're right mate. You can't polish a turd so I think most of us will retreat into summer with very little hope for the next season.

Breaking! Fortunately nein had Chammas with BREAKING NEWS!! at half time, amazing timing that it broke exactly at half time during the broadcast…

The news is ..

Tom likes Des, Tom and Jake are fine with Dce.

END OF BREAKING NEWS UPDATE
What I took from Chammas's breaking news on 9 was he'd spoken to Tom today who told him:
1) he's backing Des, he's the coach next year and will continue to support him
2) there's no issue between Jake & him and DCE, then in the same contradictory sentence Chammas said "we've sorted out our issues and all's fine" (or words to that effect). So there's no issue and we've sorted our issues.

In other words, there WAS/IS an issue with DCE.
Just like Des has the full support of the board - in other words NOT.

If Tom had played more games, and we'd worn our normal jersey in round 20, we'd be in the finals now and there wouldn't be all this mess.

I'll call it right now. I've followed this club since 1981. If they sack Des and bring in Slater I'm out I will be a dolphins fan

You wouldn't support Slater at Manly, but you'd support Bennett at Redcliff? Mate, you're part of the Manly family, DNA and fabric. You're frustrated right now (which I get), but you're stuck with us. Haha

What I took from Chammas's breaking news on 9 was he'd spoken to Tom today who told him:
1) he's backing Des, he's the coach next year and will continue to support him
2) there's no issue between Jake & him and DCE, then in the same contradictory sentence Chammas said "we've sorted out our issues and all's fine" (or words to that effect). So there's no issue and we've sorted our issues.

In other words, there WAS/IS an issue with DCE.
Just like Des has the full support of the board - in other words NOT.

If Tom had played more games, and we'd worn our normal jersey in round 20, we'd be in the finals now and there wouldn't be all this mess.

We were 3 wins, 4 losses at the start of the season with Tom (or 0.429). The 8th places Raiders finished with 14 wins, 10 losses (or 0.583). That would mean you would have expected us (in the remaining 17 games) to win 11 (at least - we'd then be competing on for and against) - that's a win % of 0.647 - or on pace with the 4th placed Eels.

I don't think so.

Wouldn't be Mestrov mate (in my opinion). There would be many vocal people sharing their views with the media right now (Max Krillich as example). One third would be true. One third would be embellished (to fit an agenda). The last third complete B.S.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Manly + The Media now or even in the near future. My best suggestion is we all wait until something official comes out to discuss properly.
MOD, please read what you just wrote and think about it... You want us to wait for the club to communicate to us fans??? @:D @:D @:D

Perhaps they could update us when they have the press conference to announce the Orford signing.

Remember the only reason we heard Marty had signed on with us, was because some random dude on Twitter (with the same name) tweeted, "I just found out I signed a contract to The Manly Sea Eagles, whoever they are" haha or something similar to that.

If you were Des and an idiot like Penn was questioning you what would you do? I'd tell 'em to get *ed. The * is not short of a quid. Why deal wth those Penn dickheads? Why?
Some classic Penn quotes though.
I think this one was my favourite…Scottys take on what ‘stability’ means exactly.

"There is no issue at management level because Tony is in and we have a new CFO and a new chief commercial person about to come on board. Management is incredibly stable."

Pure gold. Only Scott could come up with that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8