Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Despite the scattershot approach of this article, I am sur of the following things

• We are unfit - singe goes
  • We lack structure/nous/competitiveness- des gets help or des goes
  • cherry evans needs to shape up or ship out. His focus on world dips and origin is his gusting for a club captain. He performsnce this year was average at best- I sincerely hope he is on a reduced rate for his extension
  • the squad need s unification. Wether this is an airing of grievances or a state of the union type deal. The players need to sort this out and would be better done without management
  • if penn wants results- he needs to up expenditure- better people, better resources. More investment in success, it’s all well and good to bring In a toe cutter like mestrov but you also need the outlay
  • cut ties with Blacktown - unmitigated disaster

7-10 players in the team managed by Tartak.

Tartak good mates with Scott Fulton.

Fultons holding grudge against Des for the way he left the club in 2011.

Tartak pushing for Schuster to be made 5/8th.

Very dangerous position for the club to be in - I hope the Fultons hang around to face the music when the inevitable happens.

Despite the scattershot approach of this article, I am sur of the following things

• We are unfit - singe goes
  • We lack structure/nous/competitiveness- des gets help or des goes
  • cherry evans needs to shape up or ship out. His focus on world dips and origin is his gusting for a club captain. He performsnce this year was average at best- I sincerely hope he is on a reduced rate for his extension
  • the squad need s unification. Wether this is an airing of grievances or a state of the union type deal. The players need to sort this out and would be better done without management
  • if penn wants results- he needs to up expenditure- better people, better resources. More investment in success, it’s all well and good to bring In a toe cutter like mestrov but you also need the outlay
  • cut ties with Blacktown - unmitigated disaster
•Rid the club of the Fulton’s (there,I said it,I’m quite happy to take the heat)

Every local footy club I've ever been around is a hotbed of factionalism, nepotism, power struggles and petty personal disputes. Sports administration just seems to attract those types. But - BREAKING NEWS! - this is the NRL, and Manly is supposed to be a professional sporting organisation. Surely we can do better, and if we can't, at least we can keep it behind closed doors.

Well it's either them or the Haslers. Maybe we should blow the whole place up and start again. You think Arko is up to it ??
Whilst Hasler and the Fulton’s maybe at loggerheads,getting rid of one or the other may not solve the problems.I just think disposing of Des doesn’t completely fix things.Next coach,goodness knows who that would be,will still have the Fulton’s hanging over their head.If they get an inexperienced coach,you can guarantee the Fulton’s will be pulling the strings.A hard nosed experienced one,god forbid Flanagan,would be in the same situation as Des

Tommy wants Des for life **** me. Shut up and let others pick the coach if Tom wants to go he can go the problem with us we let players and family's dictate our recruiting. Turbos sign so we have to keep Ben who isn't nrl quality to keep the family happy.

Kept that turd Hopoate around for years just in case a son of his turned out great how did that work out?

We keep Manase around and not sign a quality hooker to keep the Fainu family happy well 1 boy has already left and it's a safe bet that this won't turn out how we all hoped.

Fulton clan are still giving us headaches.

Time for the club to get tough Tom you play football we appoint the coach not you and no matter how good you are if you want to leave see you.

Same with DCE I'm sick of all this bull****.

Compare this to the roosters when Latrell got to bug for his boots on your bike son have they looked back? no we look like a weak club with players picking coaches and trainers and captains.

Time for a massive clean out but now Tom has spoken Des is safe.

Whilst Hasler and the Fulton’s maybe at loggerheads,getting rid of one or the other may not solve the problems.I just think disposing of Des doesn’t completely fix things.Next coach,goodness knows who that would be,will still have the Fulton’s hanging over their head.If they get an inexperienced coach,you can guarantee the Fulton’s will be pulling the strings.A hard nosed experienced one,god forbid Flanagan,would be in the same situation as Des
Not to give Barrett any sort of credibility but remember how things REALLY went awry when Barrett started trying to think for himself & he & Bozo fell out?

Members of the Fulton family were very vocal in the media about how arrogant & egotistical Barrett was etc but it's starting to sound like the same scenario playing out here.

Seems the Fultons want a malleable coach who they can bend to their wants instead of someone who thinks for themselves.

Not to give Barrett any sort of credibility but remember how things REALLY went awry when Barrett started trying to think for himself & he & Bozo fell out?

Members of the Fulton family were very vocal in the media about how arrogant & egotistical Barrett was etc but it's starting to sound like the same scenario playing out here.

Seems the Fultons want a malleable coach who they can bend to their wants instead of someone who thinks for themselves.
It’s funny you say that re Barrett as I was thinking the same thing,but given Barrett’s recent tenure at the Dogs,I didn’t want to be seen as giving him any credit

That the same Barrett sacked from the dogs? that the Fulton's doing also? No fan of the fulton clan but Barrett was ****.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8