Manly fullback Brett Stewart looking for highest bidder as get-clause comes to light

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who,

I'm not saying that loyalty is paid with dollars, only that he's worth every cent. Football issues alone, the man is a superstar! I couldn't believe he wasn't mentioned in the top 10, in a recent rlw 'experts' list.

The man is one of the best players I've ever seen. He's entitled to a big pay packet.

Say someone offered him 600,000 and manly offered him 350,000, loyalty has little to do with it after what he's been through in terms of legal expenses etc (if true).

Loyalty comes into play when the margin is less, eg, someone offers 600,000 and manly only match 450,000-500,000. That's loyalty.

Guy can't be played for a fool, entitled to what he's worth. Especially since his name and worth has been tarnished from the scandal. Even though he was declared not guilty.

That's all, we have to be realistic.

Let's just hope 'we don't get fooled again'... 'Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss' ....love that song!

While I am sure that Brett is greatful for the way Des stood by him I would hope that he also realises that is was also his team mates, other menbers of the coaching staff, club and fans that also stood tall.

All that said the modern players are also businesses on contracts and $$$ is a determining factor. Lets not lose him.

Besides, Brett Stewart can't leave Manly as him and I are supposed to be getting married.

Brett's manager was just smart enough to have his contract ending when the tv deal will be through.

All players will get a good pay rise out of the extra grant and salary cap received by all clubs.

Although a club may come up with a huge offer (maybe not given his knees will need to be managed) i'm sure he will stay with us if we can get close.

He deserves a pay rise from $300,000 if that's what he is on.

I wouldn't hesitate in giving him $400,000-$450,000 a season.

It's no coincidence that we were on top with him fully fit. He had 2 years out of the game and we suffered at the back. He comes back and we win again.

He is so important to the success of our team that i would like to see that rewarded. Not for $600,000 which would mean his signature would be at the expense of others.

I'm sure he will still feel comfortable around everyone that is still at the club.

We love you Brett!

There is no source to this story, it's all speculation.

Unlike the story in the SMH regarding Des, which was written from information supplied by the club.

There current form is amazing, they are talented footballers and i would love to see them play out their careers at manly.

The reality is they are nearing the back end of their careers and tooves and manly need to start succesion planning. If the stewart bros leave earlier than expected, than it just means we need to succession plan earlier. I think bruher will eventually replace gift, and oldfield will be the succesor to snake.

Darren said:
That means Farrar will be fullback!! Here come the Northern Eagle days!

No Darren that cant happen, and I think there is an over reaction to all this, funny that happens here a lot. Dont read too much into it.

$350000 a seasons for the last 3 years works out @ about $100000 a game.

Damaged goods, if he want to go let him - Leaving shows a complete lack of loyalty and we're better off with players who want to be at Manly, I'm also sick of hearing about his ongoing fuad with Gallop.

Talk about over reaction. He may have ****ty knees. But while ever he is fit, he is the best fullback in the game. Do you remember him playing 2 poor games in a row?? Slater has been in average form the past month
Saying he is damaged goods and no one else will pay him like us is really looking through manly glasses. The fact is he wins matches.

The reaction That fukstick Rothfield wanted by a lot of you in this thread
He will be trolling in the background laughing
How many stories (fairy tales) he writes really are true

Berkeley_Eagle said:
The reaction That fukstick Rothfield wanted by a lot of you in this thread
He will be trolling in the background laughing
How many stories (fairy tales) he writes really are true

The problem is he was talking to the dragons long before this all happened and if the moneys right for him and glenn they both might go.....plus if we lose BRETT for 2012 there is no way known manly will go BACK TO BACK....he is of brains at the the back and runs the ship....cant imagine an OLDFIELD or FARRER winning us a PREMIERSHIP can YOU?????????

Mr seagles, who do you go for? Sit there and ask yourself this "why am I on the team that won the premierships forum?"
Get a life mate, go for a swim or walk your dog mate.
We are the champions and nothing you say on here can take that away!!

Does anyone have any actual evidence that either of the Stewart boys have spoken to the Dragons or any other team?

I don't believe anything that comes out of the DT, they reported that there was going to be a US base built in Darwin, they were of course incorrect. The US will be doing more joint exercises with Marines and our Diggers and that will happen in Darwin, there are no bases going there.

If the DT cant get an issue about national security correct what hope is there that they can get a story on Manly right. I don't know Rothfield but from what I have read here he is about as useful as a one leg ed man in an arse kicking race.

In summing up, Mr Rothield if you are trolling her, wipe your chin mate you are dribbling ****.

I can't believe people are bagging the DT about the article. Its a f'n news story. As if you came across this bit of information you wouldn't run with it.

I've said it so many times before, they get their stories from someone. I'm guessing a story like this probably came from their own manager in an attempt to make some more cash for his client.

lloydy said:
Mr seagles, who do you go for? Sit there and ask yourself this "why am I on the team that won the premierships forum?"
Get a life mate, go for a swim or walk your dog mate.
We are the champions and nothing you say on here can take that away!!

Fed troll is full

A month ago the papers were saying T Rex was going to the sharks but he re-signed with Manly.

Brett Stewart is a class footballer, with careful management of his body has plenty of good years left in him. Those saying he is washed up, how did he manage to be our leading try scorer with 15 tries & still miss about half a dozen games this season?!?! How often do you see Brett miss a tackle? His one on one defence is outstanding! I will be shattered if he leaves, same with Gifty who is a gun in both attack & defence!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4