Manly football department had to change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you think about it DCE signed for under 1 million (800k was reported) before the offer was pulled (by Penn) and then signed a lifetime deal at a minimum of 1.2 per year, Foran signed to Parra for 1.2 + per year. Walker signed to Manly for at least 400K per year.
400k (dce upgrade) plus walkers money (400k?) equals $800k towards getting Foran to sign with Manly. Add in another player sacrificed, say Mateo, and we'd have our current team plus Foran who could have stayed for 1 mill a season.
BUT penn stuffed up the negotiations cold. imagine our current team with a foran happy to play (circa 2011) under the new coach behind the new forward pack we have. It could have happened....

I am not looking back (what's done is done) and I am just going to look forward to 2016 with a new coach and some quality recruits. This sort of nonsense happens in just about every professional sporting organisation in the world at one point or another...nothing to see here.

If you think about it DCE signed for under 1 million (800k was reported) before the offer was pulled (by Penn) and then signed a lifetime deal at a minimum of 1.2 per year, Foran signed to Parra for 1.2 + per year. Walker signed to Manly for at least 400K per year.
400k (dce upgrade) plus walkers money (400k?) equals $800k towards getting Foran to sign with Manly. Add in another player sacrificed, say Mateo, and we'd have our current team plus Foran who could have stayed for 1 mill a season.
BUT penn stuffed up the negotiations cold. imagine our current team with a foran happy to play (circa 2011) under the new coach behind the new forward pack we have. It could have happened....

But it wasn't about the money for Foran, it was all about Mr Arthur and his family ( & Choc ).

And the strange thing is about any coaching change, it always comes with a complete overhaul, the new coach gets carte blanche because he comes with provisos but the existing coach gets what he's already got so the new forward pack wouldn't have happened.

Why is Penn so intent (nearly 2 years later) on making it known that it wasn't his decision not to make an offer to Glenn. And why is he not making it just as clear that his faction were the ones who shafted Matt Ballin? I don't see the difference between the two situations. If anything Matt Ballin was treated worse than Glenn as he had two years of his new contract to run, whereas Glenn Stewart was coming off contract anyway.
Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Last edited:
Why is Penn so intent, 2 years later, on making it known that it wasn't his decision not to make an offer to Glenn. And why is he not making it just as clear that his faction were the ones who shafted Matt Ballin? I don't see the difference between the two situations. If anything Matt Ballin was treated worse than Glenn as he had two years of his new contract to run, whereas Glenn Stewart was coming off contract anyway.
Ballin could be argued was a coaching decision.

C2OeWye8LCJN06h7UpIiuWOPVAdhxI5zp9kXoz8WoJME4LL8038cE1sWtfibT8DxJD18T4ZNnzkKUKBquKcRah4TyEwPeTahxltZh0lHlHUZ1Zm0gQtnsTo5t4B7CZfbZ7oA6_11r-R7h27ru3d2=s0-d-e1-ft

Why is Penn so intent, 2 years later, on making it known that it wasn't his decision not to make an offer to Glenn. And why is he not making it just as clear that his faction were the ones who shafted Matt Ballin? I don't see the difference between the two situations. If anything Matt Ballin was treated worse than Glenn as he had two years of his new contract to run, whereas Glenn Stewart was coming off contract anyway.
I think you can safely assume that Ballin, Gutho, and JSL were in the wrong player clique

Why is Penn so intent (nearly 2 years later) on making it known that it wasn't his decision not to make an offer to Glenn. And why is he not making it just as clear that his faction were the ones who shafted Matt Ballin? I don't see the difference between the two situations. If anything Matt Ballin was treated worse than Glenn as he had two years of his new contract to run, whereas Glenn Stewart was coming off contract anyway.
I think he wants to marry Glenn, so that the latter can take the name Glenn Penn. It sounds better (in his mind) than Scott Stewart.

So Scott is doing a lot of sucking up to Glenn. See? Easy.

So we should expect Penn to come out in an article in two years time and say it wasn't his decision, it was Trent Barrett's ?
With Penn/Zorbas audacity reaching new heights seemingly daily, I'd expect that article straight after our first loss.

One thing I still can't quite understand is Toovey and Warwicks recruitment plans. From what I can see from 2012 Symonds and Lawrence were the two only additions.

Surely someone had a plan right beyond retention

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8