Manly Fans Revolt over Ticket Prices

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great press for the club, the handling/rollout and structure of this years memberships was poorly conceived and ill advised. Brand damage from articles like this outweighs the financial benefit of jacking up prices in the first place.

Bozo will be here soon with his trumpet tooting that passion is all that matters

I take my old man (76 now) to the home-games where I can. Use my meagre salary appropriately to pay the great guy back for raising me and paying my way for first 15-20 years of life.

Last year we couldn't go obviously - passion aside the home games were not accessible to the hoi polloi, and 76-years old and covid? Mention the word passion at your own peril, as its bull**** if you think a fan has to attend in Covid whilst being in highest-risk category.

2019, I took him to a couple of games - we got strip-searched at the entrance for food/drink. We had a bottle of water and some home-made popcorn. Taken.

Apparently we are only allowed to purchase water and junk-food snacks like kettle chips at the venue, not bring it in. Buy them inside (inflated $$$$$ for simple packets of crisps, and close to $10 per light beer/ or cider) - after half-time only half-strength drinks too. Full price but for them.

We got seats in the grandstand for about $160 combined (ie approx $80 each).

Spent another $80 on 2 full-strength drinks each before half-time and the same after. Another $20 on junk food to eat with the bers. Walked back to my place after the game in DY and my old man was good to drive home by then (could have taken cab/iber at anohter 15-30 bucks).

If they have doubled the price on that since, then i'm reluctant to say it, but my 76-year-old dad will never see another Manly game live.

Pretty Sad for the guy, he's a pensioner, and these prices are simply not tenable.

I take my old man (76 now) to the home-games where I can. Use my meagre salary appropriately to pay the great guy back for raising me and paying my way for first 15-20 years of life.

Last year we couldn't go obviously - passion aside the home games were not accessible to the hoi polloi, and 76-years old and covid? Mention the word passion at your own peril, as its bull**** if you think a fan has to attend in Covid whilst being in highest-risk category.

2019, I took him to a couple of games - we got strip-searched at the entrance for food/drink. We had a bottle of water and some home-made popcorn. Taken.

Apparently we are only allowed to purchase water and junk-food snacks like kettle chips at the venue, not bring it in. Buy them inside (inflated $$$$$ for simple packets of crisps, and close to $10 per light beer/ or cider) - after half-time only half-strength drinks too. Full price but for them.

We got seats in the grandstand for about $160 combined (ie approx $80 each).

Spent another $80 on 2 full-strength drinks each before half-time and the same after. Another $20 on junk food to eat with the bers. Walked back to my place after the game in DY and my old man was good to drive home by then (could have taken cab/iber at anohter 15-30 bucks).

If they have doubled the price on that since, then i'm reluctant to say it, but my 76-year-old dad will never see another Manly game live.

Pretty Sad for the guy, he's a pensioner, and these prices are simply not tenable.

All you need to do is read this to show how out of touch the club is with it’s members.

You can guarantee that they’re happy to jack up the pricing but won’t be lenient on what food and beverages you can bring in yourself.

Serious? You should email the club about that, it is disgraceful.
I actually feel pretty powerless SER8 - what am I supposed to do? I don't want to complain to the club over security confiscating our water and glad-bag with a few handfuls of home-made popcorn... not my style or forte to be honest.

Look, me and Dad, we both love Manly and accept the times are unique in 2020.

He brought me to games in the glory days of the 80's/90's teams where Manly were effectively the Rooters/Storm of their time. Great backing a winner in their Prime yeah?

Over Covid I was super lucky, worked hard as I could and actually had a good career break. Maybe I can afford 2021 prices now! Maybe...Northern Beaches rents are still challenging but we do what we can.

Super disappointed for those who might be like me though, without the career break, watching their opportunity to attend games in person disappear as they work out whether to go to the footy, or feed the family for a week.

Happy to support the club, but the experiences of recent games haven't been great i'm afraid.

I don't go to every game, my old man refuses me paying for an annual membership for the limited game time he can actually attend, and as a result its a tricky one.

Not aiming it at the Manly club, i get they need to balance the budget - but an annual hike like this is prohibitive to some.

Still bleed maroon!

It is disgraceful that our older members/supporters have been treated like this by the club. A compromise for MWSE pensioner supporters needs to be found somehow. The damage to the brand longterm is simply not worth the short term financial gains through price gouging that has been approved via the CEO. Embarrassed and disgusted by the clubs actions here.

I actually feel pretty powerless SER8 - what am I supposed to do? I don't want to complain to the club over security confiscating our water and glad-bag with a few handfuls of home-made popcorn... not my style or forte to be honest....
Still bleed maroon!
Not your style to protest or complain, then probably you're right, nothing you can do. Everyone (at least everyone aged over 5 years) understands our society is not uniformly fair and equitable. FYI I got ripped off by something just yesterday and a quick calculation convinced me that realistically I would not have legal remedy. I felt mightily pissed off, luckily I have enough other things going well that I can shut it out.

As for Manly, I suggest you join the MWDRLFC at least that way you get a say.

I can maybe guess the acronym, but just to be certain, what does MWDRLFC acronym actually expand to?

Thanks everyone, this forum has some quality helpful people on it.

Bozo is going to have a fit!

Hey isn't that facebook page 'private'? - media shouldn't be able to use it as a segment filler.

I'm shocked....shocked... that the media are running some usual anti Manly story. Usually means they are getting a bit scared of our potential success.

Meh... I'm not getting into the myriad of individual situations. There's just too many variables. Some people are genuinely struggling, others aren't.

If I was in Sydney, I'd be going. Of course the nhl is on at the moment and no one can go to games at all and even if we could tix are a lot, lot more than $100 or so.

If construction and covid is playing havoc with the pricing and attendance, better this year than when Manly finally get a decent stadium.

edit: It'll be ok now though. Manly has an innovation consultant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4